General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cincinnati, Ohio and Florence, KY HD Changes

Old 04-29-2019, 09:54 AM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Cincinnati, Ohio and Florence, KY HD Changes

The Cincinnati, Ohio Harley Davidson and Florence, KY Harley Davidson both owned by the same family have some big changes. Effective May 1st, 2019 Cincinnati Harley Davidson is Closed and out of business. The Florence Harley Davidson Store has been sold to Bluegrass Harley Davidson of Louisville, KY. Those of us from the area are glad to see that the Florence Dealership has been sold to a known owner who knows the business. In recent years Florence HD has suffered and showed signs of going under. Sorry to see all the good guys at the Cincinnati store without jobs and wish them well at finding employment. I hope Bluegrass keeps all the good guys at the Florence Store. Can't wait to see all the good things which will happen under Bluegrass ownership.
Bill

Old 04-29-2019, 09:59 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,720 Likes on 18,538 Posts

Had a chance to stop in the Cincinnati store a few years ago ... Lost a bolt ( my fault, no Loc-Tite ) on the Big SUcker air cleaner and they helped me out with a fix good enough to get home ... Great bunch of guys .

Old 04-29-2019, 10:02 AM
anthony_b.
Road Captain
Received 170 Likes on 106 Posts

...I was on the Cincy HD website yesterday and saw they had very few new bikes for sale. Also, most of their used bikes were pictured over the Thoroughbred Harley outside logo. Hope the best for the employees.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:05 AM
anthony_b.
Road Captain
Received 170 Likes on 106 Posts

...I was on the Cincy HD website yesterday and noticed only a few new bikes for sale. Also, most of their used bikes are outside over the Thoroughbred HD logo. Hope the best for the employees.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:31 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,452 Likes on 1,586 Posts

I hope someone takes the initiative to start a "sticky thread" to post the dealerships that have recently (or will soon be) closed.
Just got my new HOG Touring Handbook and looks like it needs some updating!

Old 04-30-2019, 08:29 AM
Gunrunner72
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by paid4c4
The Cincinnati, Ohio Harley Davidson and Florence, KY Harley Davidson both owned by the same family have some big changes. Effective May 1st, 2019 Cincinnati Harley Davidson is Closed and out of business. The Florence Harley Davidson Store has been sold to Bluegrass Harley Davidson of Louisville, KY. Those of us from the area are glad to see that the Florence Dealership has been sold to a known owner who knows the business. In recent years Florence HD has suffered and showed signs of going under. Sorry to see all the good guys at the Cincinnati store without jobs and wish them well at finding employment. I hope Bluegrass keeps all the good guys at the Florence Store. Can't wait to see all the good things which will happen under Bluegrass ownership.
Bill
The team at Bluegrass are always very helpful and, for the most part, very knowledgeable. The owner is a good guy and isn't just some corporate dude that never actually sets foot in his dealerships. I think the previous customers of Cincy and Florence will be happy with the change.

Old 04-30-2019, 11:32 AM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 349 Likes on 222 Posts

Will all those "in-store only" gift cards they pushed so hard now be totally worthless? There must be tens of thousands of $$$ worth of them still outstanding. Can the previous owners just pocket the money and give nothing in return?

Old 04-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Cozz
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,827 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Sad day. My whole life HD of Cincinnati has been only 3 miles away. Florence Ky store is 20 hellish miles away down I 75.

Old 04-30-2019, 11:53 AM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

I stopped at the Florence store last summer. I hope all the employees land on thier feet

Old 04-30-2019, 04:37 PM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 349 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Bingee
Will all those "in-store only" gift cards they pushed so hard now be totally worthless? There must be tens of thousands of $$$ worth of them still outstanding. Can the previous owners just pocket the money and give nothing in return?
The latest word is that the cards will be honored at the Florence Kentucky location. The Cincinnati location will close up by Friday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cincinnati, Ohio and Florence, KY HD Changes