General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding boots

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Sorce
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by RHPAW
If there is an award for the most intricate BS!

Well Done!

---

I was wondering if steel toe was advised.
I got a pair of the timberland pro pitboss joints from Dicks for 120ish.

Cuz I'm used to them and they come wide.

Sorce

Old 05-16-2019, 06:26 PM
Indawynd
Elite HDF Member
Received 7,291 Likes on 2,749 Posts

I just ordered some Forma Eagle boots. I'll let you know my impressions when they get here.

I'm retiring my 35 year old steel toed engineer boots for the tech. I'm glad all the hack marks on them are not my feet.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:17 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,073 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
StylMartin Matrix Boots - Italy

I've worn out three pair of HD waterproof boots in 11 years. Was looking to really step up the game with better protection. Shopped for three months and every time I found one I thought was it I changed my mind. Well my wife stepped in and helped me make the final selection. She HATES technical style boots, but she LOVED these. She loved them so much after they arrived that she has ordered this brand in a womens boot for herself.

These are extremely HIGH quality. They are expensive compared to most but you get what you pay for.

They are stiff as hell at first and require a break in period. They were comfortable right out of the box, but stiff when it comes to braking and shifting. I've had them just over two months now and they are feeling great.

Got mind at Revzilla:

Yup, my new go to boots for all weather touring.
Got mine from Revzilla as well.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (05-17-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 08:47 PM
Haarley
Road Master
Received 387 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by svshaw82
Hey guys,
Looking for suggestions on riding boots. Anything better then others? Im trying to find something that's cost effective and comfortable for riding my 1949 panhead.
Around this forum, you can never, ever, ride in any of those high-quality riding boots that those fancified boot companies make. If you want to wear fancy boots, you obviously march in gay pride parades and should therefore be riding a BMW.

Around this forum, you're supposed to ride in your work boots. If you don't work in boots, you're a sissy. I haven't seen that Panhead, but I'll bet it's not pink. You therefore strike me as not a sissy, so I know you work in boots. Comfort doesn't matter with the boots. They just need to really look like you work in them. Now, when you ride in these work boots, you can never, ever, clean them, condition them, treat them, or otherwise take care of them. The goal is to make them look as crappy as possible, as soon as possible, to prove you're a Real Rider. Being as these boots will never be protected or cared for, they'll fall apart in short order, which is the goal. You'll be able to prove you're a Real Rider only if you wear a hole clean through the top of the boot with the shift lever. You then wrap a few turns of duct tape around the boot to cover the hole, and you've just about completed your Prospect period to get into one of the Big 5. Any other Real Rider can demand that you unwind the duct tape to prove the hole exists, so keep a roll on the bike to patch the boot back up when you've proven your honor.

Just remember, around this forum, everyone changes the oil, primary, and transmission fluids at 1/2 the service life, but putting leather cream on your boots once a week is definitive proof you're gay.

Keep on being the Real Rider you are. Never wear a helmet, and don't wear riding boots. If you take a rasp to the top of your left boot to hasten the process of being a Real Rider, I won't tell anyone.

Good luck, Real Rider.

The following users liked this post:
Shane T (05-17-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 08:51 PM
Haarley
Road Master
Received 387 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by jehu
yup, my new go to boots for all weather touring.
Got mine from revzilla as well.
Son, what in the hell is that patch-looking thing on top of the boot?

Are you a real rider, or what?

Take your case knife out of your knife holster that you always wear and cut that patch-thing off if you want to ride with us!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2019, 09:09 PM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 187 Posts

Here are my tcx and repurposed dress socks. I quit wearing socks with shoes a couple years ago, but have a drawer full of them and they are all a coolmax blend. So f**k it, I'll wear them riding.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:20 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Haarley
A. If you don't work in boots, you're a sissy.er.
You can tell a lot about a man from their footwear.

Old 12-03-2023, 08:14 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,747 Likes on 6,894 Posts
Default Stylmartin Boots

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
StylMartin Matrix Boots - Italy

I've worn out three pair of HD waterproof boots in 11 years. Was looking to really step up the game with better protection. Shopped for three months and every time I found one I thought was it I changed my mind. Well my wife stepped in and helped me make the final selection. She HATES technical style boots, but she LOVED these. She loved them so much after they arrived that she has ordered this brand in a womens boot for herself.

These are extremely HIGH quality. They are expensive compared to most but you get what you pay for.

They are stiff as hell at first and require a break in period. They were comfortable right out of the box, but stiff when it comes to braking and shifting. I've had them just over two months now and they are feeling great.

Got mind at Revzilla:

I thought I would give an update on my Stylmartin riding boots that I purchased back in May of 2019. With over 3-1/2 years of hot, dry, cold and super wet riding they have been fantastic boots. They are truly 100% totally water proof and that is from all day rides in very heavy rain. They are very good in cold weather with quality winter tour socks. I have also ridden in them all day in 90+ degree temps. Again the socks are key. I’ve invested in quality riding socks for both summer and winter.

I have never polished them from day one. They have an estimated 45 to 50k on them and have walked around in at least a 16 states. You can tell that I do not use a heal shifter.

The Carolina girl liked them so much that she bought a pair of Stylmartin for ladies. Her’s are also very well made and waterproof.

She asked me today to polish her boots for her and suggested I polish mine. I have hers looking like new, but the wear and patina is just what I’m looking for on mine.

Here are her boots looking like new. She is happy!

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 12-03-2023 at 08:17 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
pyuchem (12-03-2023), Rains2much (12-09-2023), WXSW (12-20-2023), Xbt2 (12-04-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 08:50 PM
pyuchem
Road Warrior
Received 836 Likes on 395 Posts

I thought I would give these a try. I always wanted to try cowboy boots. Let’s see how this goes….no vibram sole. If I like them I may get vibram soles put on them. If not I’ll try something else.

Old 12-03-2023, 09:02 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,515 Likes on 1,302 Posts

4 year old thread. But here goes. My all weather boots are Bates Tahoe. But who knows if they are still made and if they are, where they are made. When they wear out, I’ll have to start all over again. My dry engineer boots are from leather up. I had one pair I bought 15 years ago. They gave up the ghost in the Yukon. Fortunately, I had my bates with me. When I first got the leather up engineer boots, I liked them so I immediately bought a second pair. They are new and will probably last me 12-15 years. They get the bulk of the duty, so I’m sure my bates tahoes will be my severe weather boots til I’m too old to care.

This information is irrelevant. Why, the world changed since I bought boots. That’s what gets me, we ask strangers on an internet to recommend boots when we have no idea about ride styles, physique or even what bike they ride. How’s that for due diligence?

Anyway, I’ve had a few whisky’s and this is always good for a laugh.

Quick Reply: Riding boots