General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad experience... Mcvests.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 09:06 PM
matthbert5150
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bad experience... Mcvests.com

Has anyone dealt with mcvests.com?

I placed an order in the beginning of March of this year for a custom leather vest. After selecting my options I paid over $300. The day following the order, I received an email which appeared to be from the owner verifying my order and common concerns from previous customers.

I replied numerous times, called and left several messages and have received one phone call back approximately 6 weeks ago just verifying my order options.

On The website it says 4-8 weeks to receive my vest but the website still says processing. It's been 11 weeks and counting. I left another message the other day and haven't heard anything.

Just wondering if anyone has had this same level of service as me.

Needless to say, this was my first and will be my last order with them.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:00 PM
Malazan
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 76 Posts

I know this doesn’t help but Fox Creek Leather was great to deal with, maybe you could cancel the order or payment and just start over. FCL Vest are around 300 to 325

https://www.foxcreekleather.com/men/...orcycle-vests/

The following users liked this post:
nytryder (05-15-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 11:30 PM
Josh2021
Tourer
Received 294 Likes on 176 Posts

Sorry to hear that and I've never dealt with them before. It sucks to order something and pay for it only to get the run-around or get shafted.

I know it's probably too late but may help someone else
Espinoza's leather shop makes great pieces that can be customized just about any way and they have a great reputation for quality stuff... https://espinozasleather.com/

Old 05-15-2019, 12:04 AM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

Thats the problem with custom ****, it can sometimes take a hell of a long time to get it but once you do its great quality and like non other.

My kid ordered a set of drums from a custom drum maker, on the website you have to agree that it can take up to 8 weeks for delivery. We finally received the drums 5 months later. They were custom alright, and very nicely made. The only way we got them was by calling our credit card company and filing a report with them. The CC company credited back our money, then placed a hold on the $400 that this company had taken. Low and behold wouldnt you know it? We got a tracking number within 2 weeks, and a nice email from the owner asking us nicely to go ahead and have our CC company release the funds.

If you paid with a CC, email these bozos and tell them unless you get a tracking number in the next week your filing a charge back and the money will be put on hold. That seems to get answers.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:44 PM
fsae0607
Road Master
Received 258 Likes on 143 Posts

OP, I agree with the above and call your CC company. If this mcvests.com doesn't work out, go with Fox Creek. I have a vest and gloves from them and they rule! Fast shipping and very good customer service. Not to mention made in USA!

Old 05-15-2019, 02:49 PM
matthbert5150
Advanced

Thank you everyone for the input. I figured I'd give them till the end of next week (that would be week 12) and contact my CC company. If I knew that sending them an email about stopping payment would work, I would but regardless of the way I try to contact them, I get no response.

Long story short.... Stay away from them

Old 05-15-2019, 07:53 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

You could also checkout Espinozas in Rosemead CA or Lords of Gastown in Vancouver.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:06 PM
matthbert5150
Advanced

So I finally got a hold of someone at Mcvests. The said my best should be done this week. I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see what happens.

If I don't have my vest I'm 2 weeks, my credit card company said they'll stop payment on it.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:09 PM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

I have one of their vests. Yes it took like two months to arrive but the quality is great for the price. Really heavy vest.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:10 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

were you billed? Save any emails about schedule from them, in case you are over the disupute period. I went to long once, but I had emails from them saying they were going to credit me.

Also curious if you were billed when you ordered. I am in a dispute with another company about billing before shipping. To me it is a redflag they are near bankrupcy and need your money to finish someone elses order. Curious how common it is. I know many companies don't bill you until ships.

I got similar issue, not as bad, but billed and back ordered.

Quick Reply: Bad experience... Mcvests.com