Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Tight jeans or loose jeans (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1284207-tight-jeans-or-loose-jeans.html)

kre84u 05-15-2019 07:51 PM

Tight jeans or loose jeans

I don't find a discussion on this already.

Give me your thoughts on the tightness or looseness of your jeans on comfort for long rides. I suspect that if your pants are looser in the booty, your butt will have more room to adjust to the cushioning of your seat, thus leading to more comfort for longer on a long ride.

Agree or disagree? All of my jeans are a little on the tight side, and I find my butt gets numb pretty quickly.

Thanks!

leftyjm 05-15-2019 07:54 PM

Get a life

crtfibl 05-15-2019 07:55 PM

Female: tight jeans
Male: loose jeans

BuzzCap7 05-15-2019 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by kre84u (Post 18259475)
I don't find a discussion on this already.

Give me your thoughts on the tightness or looseness of your jeans on comfort for long rides. I suspect that if your pants are looser in the booty, your butt will have more room to adjust to the cushioning of your seat, thus leading to more comfort for longer on a long ride.

Agree or disagree? All of my jeans are a little on the tight side, and I find my butt gets numb pretty quickly.

Thanks!

EXCELLENT question. I definitely say loose. Comfort is EVERYTHING when riding my friend. Especially long distance.

I wear 5.11 cargo type which are not only loose, but the cargo pockets are GREAT GREAT GREAT to carry stuff in.

If it is really cold out (40 degrees when NOT riding) then I have plenty of room to put hot chillis on.

I will tell you another thing that I do that… With the cargo pockets I hand so the middle of the pocket from the bottom up halfway. This way one pocket can easily hold several items in their own compartment without sliding around the whole place. Which would drive me crazy. If you want a picture of it let me know.

But definitely looser not tighter.

Originally Posted by leftyjm (Post 18259487)
Get a life

Really?

YZR 05-15-2019 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by leftyjm (Post 18259487)
Get a life

Unnecessary...

texasdw 05-15-2019 08:29 PM

I've found the right underwear is more important...LD Comfort is the best I've found. Saxx is good too, but completely different.

Bubby 05-15-2019 08:31 PM

Depends on how much I ate that day.

"Still here"

kre84u 05-15-2019 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7 (Post 18259522)
EXCELLENT question. I definitely say loose. Comfort is EVERYTHING when riding my friend. Especially long distance.

I wear 5.11 cargo type which are not only loose, but the cargo pockets are GREAT GREAT GREAT to carry stuff in.

If it is really cold out (40 degrees when NOT riding) then I have plenty of room to put hot chillis on.

I will tell you another thing that I do that… With the cargo pockets I hand so the middle of the pocket from the bottom up halfway. This way one pocket can easily hold several items in their own compartment without sliding around the whole place. Which would drive me crazy. If you want a picture of it let me know.

But definitely looser not tighter.

Great reply. Thanks. Let's see a pic of the pants, if you have one handy. I'm curious, but not likely to emulate. I had an accident once, and the keys in my pocket added some abrasions. So I never ride with anything in a pocket - pants, shirt or jacket. As they say, dress for the accident.

Malazan 05-15-2019 08:35 PM

Loose jeans, Under Armor underwear

kre84u 05-15-2019 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Malazan (Post 18259614)
Loose jeans, Under Armor underwear

So, is that tight, or at least snug, underwear under loose jeans?