Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Banned from Orlando Harley! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1284557-banned-from-orlando-harley.html)

tmac00333 05-18-2019 08:06 AM

Banned from Orlando Harley!

I just got banned from Orlando Harley. Anybody else ever get banned by a Harley dealer?

The background: I've been thinking about buying a new Low Rider, 2018 or '19. One of the ways I've been doing research is by looking at bikes on Cycle Trader, to get a general idea on prices. Yes, I know about the MSRP, but a lot of dealers have different prices on new bikes for a number of reasons.

Plus, some are modified, by owners who traded in their nearly new bikes and sometimes by the dealers themselves. No problem.
But they hardly ever give you a price. Instead they want you to "request" a price by clicking. Most dealers do the same thing on their Web sites. Anyway, that's what I did with a couple bikes being sold by Orlando Harley.

I just wanted to know the price so I could do a little comparison shopping before I got serious.
So what happens? I get bombarded with those boilerplate texts and emails giving me everything EXCEPT the price. They want me to come in for a test ride. They want me to come in for a "personalized fitment experience." They want to "reach out to me." They want me to come in and be their buddy. They want me to do this and that.

They want me to do everything except know the, you know, price of the bike.

Everything they do is geared to get you into the building, never mind the fact I'm three hours away. It's like when you hit that little "chat" box on their sites. Those people never know anything. All they want to do is collect your personal information.

Anyway, I called them on it via email - yeah, I was steamed - and they banned me. I had to laugh. I never bought anything from them anyway. I've bought a dozen or so bikes from Florida dealers, but never Orlando. Among the many other things I don't like about them is their high-pressure tactics.

OK, rant over. Just wanted to get that off my chest. I'm still chuckling about the whole thing.

Oh, by the way, they FINALLY gave me the price: $23,000. For a Low Rider.

upflying 05-18-2019 08:14 AM

If you got banned by flaming them on email, how will they recognize you if you walked into the dealer and bought the Low Rider?

Iceman24 05-18-2019 08:22 AM

Your mother would be proud...!

HiDrag 05-18-2019 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 18265292)
If you got banned by flaming them on email, how will they recognize you if you walked into the dealer and bought the Low Rider?

Good point. I think the OP was so proud of this he didn’t think through what had happened — he just HAD to post the news.

tajar66 05-18-2019 08:28 AM

I was banned from Target when I was 10 for shoplifting I am still afraid to go back. They must have my picture up in every security office.

SBRob 05-18-2019 08:28 AM

You're better off not doing business with them...if they refuse to give you a price knowing you are 3 hours away....screw 'em...

You did good...:icon_deal:

Chambeaux 05-18-2019 08:28 AM

Unless violence was threaten, why would a dealer "ban" a customer? Maybe an annoyed underling trying to act big.

Qdog002 05-18-2019 08:29 AM

So they inflated the price almost $8000.00 over MSRP??

Iron lHorse 05-18-2019 08:33 AM

www.nationalpowersports.net , and they will ship the bike to you !

roadmutt 05-18-2019 08:50 AM

You're already on probation? Well from now on you're on double secret probation!