General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of ESP (Extended Service Plan)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 05:24 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
I have a strange feeling this post will be deleted shortly. Took a few hours before mine was..
It is a smart move, what better way to stop you, or your your business from being drug through the crap pile than becoming an HDForun Sponsor.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:59 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Delete

Old 06-14-2019, 07:22 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Witgroove
Not to stray off subject but will the 2 year new warranty fix anything that goes wrong?
No. don't think any factory warranty (or service plan for that matter) will repair "anyting that goes wrong". The warranty text or service contact will specify what types of things are included or not.

For the factory warranties- it is basically defects in parts and workmanship. Abuse, neglect and wear and tear items are typically excluded.

I don't to ESP's so I'm not as familiar with their specifics.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:25 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by Munkman
The swing arm itself is not bent. It lookes like the flat pieces where the shaft goes through could be bent in. The tire, spacers and brake bracket does not come out or go in easily. Have to pry it out to remove and install the tire. Therefore I assume its bent inwards. I cant find any specs on the swingarm to measure and see.
Could have came from the factory that way dont know. Just know the calipers have been rebuilt TWICE.
Nothing is bent. If you take the upper and lower belt guards off on the left side everything will come out easily. It will give you a lot more room to slide the tire to the left and drop it.

Old 07-21-2022, 08:16 AM
Bear SC
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESP is a worthless pain in the ***

My buddy was GM of the dealership I bought my 2018 Ultra from he talked me into purchasing the ESP with tire and wheel coverage. what a waste... I got a screw in my front tire, I took it to my dealership to get a new tire, a week later I was still waiting on an answer from ESP. the tread depth was 3 /32 ( as I was told is the minimum depth for replacement) ESP didn't trust the dealers measurement and sent out an independent inspector, he measured the tire and had to send in a report. A report? it either is or is not within tolerance... I sat for 3 1/2 hours waiting on an answer. I called ESP and was basically told to bad, it could take 2 days for the intendent report to come in so if you happen to be on the road your incurring hotel cost waiting on some clerk. I finally said **** on it paid the $378 for my tire and took my bike.. Harley ESP wins another claim they didn't have to pay, they just make it painful enough that people give up. Don't waste your money they work harder to not pay and they do not care at all about the customer.

Old 07-21-2022, 11:24 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,740 Likes on 6,191 Posts

Another necro-thread.
If you had ESP, you wouldn't need an esp.
Ironic, ain't it?

Old 07-21-2022, 11:57 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

Originally Posted by Witgroove
Not to stray off subject but will the 2 year new warranty fix anything that goes wrong?
Well generally yes. Exceptions include if you modify any part of the emission control system, or if an aftermarket part was installed and it can be shown that that part caused the problem.

Old 07-21-2022, 12:03 PM
Sparky357
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Bear SC
My buddy was GM of the dealership I bought my 2018 Ultra from he talked me into purchasing the ESP with tire and wheel coverage. what a waste... I got a screw in my front tire, I took it to my dealership to get a new tire, a week later I was still waiting on an answer from ESP. the tread depth was 3 /32 ( as I was told is the minimum depth for replacement) ESP didn't trust the dealers measurement and sent out an independent inspector, he measured the tire and had to send in a report. A report? it either is or is not within tolerance... I sat for 3 1/2 hours waiting on an answer. I called ESP and was basically told to bad, it could take 2 days for the intendent report to come in so if you happen to be on the road your incurring hotel cost waiting on some clerk. I finally said **** on it paid the $378 for my tire and took my bike.. Harley ESP wins another claim they didn't have to pay, they just make it painful enough that people give up. Don't waste your money they work harder to not pay and they do not care at all about the customer.
See if you can cancel it and get some money back.