General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the HD Family

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 02:10 PM
Kenneth Foster
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New to the HD Family

I have been riding for a short time compared to a lot of people i am sure. I finally broke down and bought a 2014 ultra limited in almost perfect condition.
I purchased the bike in late Feb, got it home 2nd week of March. two days later some nice lady decided she wanted a closer look at the bike and destroyed my tour pack.

Needless to say i was not happy at all but i am a reasonable person and understand accidents happen.

The reason i am writing this is to find out if what i am experiencing from Harley is the status quo.
The bike has been in the shop since the 19th of March. I was told that due to the fact that a painted part was needed it would take at least 30 days to get the part.

I was OK with this since i took their word that this is how they operate and they were being up front about how long it would take.

Time goes by i hear nothing, no updates, I call a few times no status really, I finally call and find out the part was delivered but there was a problem with it. the supplier didn't drill holes in the bottom of the tour pack so the shop could not install it. I was not notified at all.

The shop is still waiting for the part. Corporate does not seem to give a rats *** about the problem with the distributor. the shop does not seem to be to concerned that they have had my bike for a;most 90 days or even longer. I have called multiple times to escalate and ask for a resolution but just keep being told "It is what it is, we get the part when we get it"

Is this normal? or am i getting the run around. If this is normal. how have they stayed in business?

BTW i am still a proud HD owner, I love my bike, I just want it back so i can enjoy it before Winter.

Old 05-30-2019, 02:46 PM
indiandave
Road Master
Received 292 Likes on 170 Posts

I’d start looking for a different dealer.

Old 05-30-2019, 02:49 PM
Kenneth Foster
6th Gear

But is it really the dealer or is it Corporate and the suppliers where the actual problem is? Yes the dealers communications are lacking for sure no points there..

Old 05-30-2019, 02:50 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

I know painted parts always take a long time for any dealer to receive but what the hell, go get your bike, it’s only a tourpack. The bike will function and ride just fine without it and this way it’s not just sitting there.

Last edited by Cygnusx51; 05-30-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:53 PM
Kenneth Foster
6th Gear

Yes, i thought about getting the Bike but then i wondered if it would cause issues with the insurance and such. Never had to deal with an insurance claim on a Motorcycle before. they have already had it this long so i am hoping it will be done soon. other parts and pieces we getting replaced.

Old 05-30-2019, 02:59 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 19,529 Likes on 6,642 Posts

Time goes by i hear nothing, no updates, I call a few times no status really, I finally call and find out the part was delivered but there was a problem with it. the supplier didn't drill holes in the bottom of the tour pack so the shop could not install it.
And nobody at the shop knows how to operate a drill? You're kidding, right? If they are that incompetent it's time to find another shop.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:01 PM
Kenneth Foster
6th Gear

I was wondering about that as well.. is there something that says a shop can't modify or drill the holes? or was it just them being lazy?

Old 05-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Kenneth Foster
6th Gear

And yes your right i will be using a different shop for any other work that i need to get done.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:09 PM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,187 Likes on 655 Posts

If you want to ride go get the bike and tell them to call when the tour pack is ready to be put on and dont go back after.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:20 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,943 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Yeah, you could go and get the bike, but you wouldn't have any rear turn signals if the tour pak isn't installed. You could get them to install the Detachables Tour-Pak Luggage Conversion Kit at a discounted price for your troubles and then get them to lend you a solo or two-up seat until the tour pak arrives.

Quick Reply: New to the HD Family