Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loose feeling throttle

Old 06-13-2019, 08:52 AM
Zonktified
Received 76 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Loose feeling throttle

I Posted this in the tech area but not much traffic....hopefully there will be a bit more traction here.

Im new to HDs and the throttle on my 2019 RGS seems excessively loose. Dealer said it normal, but with this TBW mechanism being soooo responsive any sizable bump or movement makes the bike accelerate in short bursts. Is there a tech tip to put a shim in the throttle housing to tighten up the X-axis movement of the throttle?

I do realize it should freely rotate about the X-axis, but the lateral movement along X seems a bit too excessive for me. Or do I suck it up buttercup and deal with it because thats the way it is?

Old 06-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,472 Likes on 987 Posts

The throttle grip is held in place by the switch housing. Loosen the bolts holding the switch housing and the brake master cylinder and slide everything toward the middle of the bars some.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: