General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley/Binelli..Binelli/Harley...same same

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 04:46 PM
ozzie21
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Harley/Binelli..Binelli/Harley...same same

The latest on H-D in China.....

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...%7C%20Combined

Old 06-22-2019, 05:19 PM
ozzie21
Advanced

The reason this should be of interest is because I don't know if the members of this forum are all aware of it or not but 3-4 years ago Ducati was for sale and and Harley-Davidson was considering buying Ducati. Thank **** they didn't...anyway.....
Ducati is owned by Lamborghini. Lamborghini is owned by Volkswagen. They are all owned by Audi.
Recently I read that Audi is considering selling Ducati.
Qianjiang Ltd. of China bought Binelli a few years back. Qianjiang is controlled by Geely Co. Geely Co. owns Volvo.
H-D has had a reputation for the past number of years for buying or copying the technology they have been putting into their motorcycles. Then they dissolve the absorbed company or kick them to the curb once they've taken everything worth taking. Seems like the overpaid engineers that H-D has can't develop anything on their own. I believe that would have been the fate of Ducati if H-D would have bought them.
I believe H-D will find they will have met their match by "partnering" with a Chinese company.
But having said that, companies like H-D, General Motors, Boeing, etc., have no choice but to enter the Chinese market if they want to try and continue to grow.
FYI, a few years ago Boeing had a plant in China where aircraft parts were made. Boeing decided they were going to shut down the China plant and pull up stakes. The Chinese government got into the deal and said, OK you can leave but you cannot take your manufacturing and fabrication machines and tooling, you must leave them behind...hello fake Boeing airplane and engine parts. Sooo Boeing changed their mind and decided to stay, at least to have control over quality and not have the world flooded with substandard Boeing aircraft and engine parts.
See where I'm headed here?

Old 06-23-2019, 02:19 AM
Phil13
Road Master
Received 1,625 Likes on 576 Posts

You mean Benelli. Typical Italian motorcycle company in that they start up, make bikes, go bankrupt, get resurrected, make bikes, go bankrupt, get resurrected..... They made some sharp bikes back in the '70's, remember the sei?

Harley could do a lot worse than working with Benelli, as for the Chinese part of the equation, who knows?

Old 06-23-2019, 05:05 AM
Malleck
Advanced
Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't know much about their motorcycles but Benelli makes a damn fine shotgun.

The following users liked this post:
piper59 (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 05:22 AM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,073 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Malleck
I don't know much about their motorcycles but Benelli makes a damn fine shotgun.

My trusty old Benelli Super Black Eagle (one of the early ones imported by H&K) works flawlessly!
Maybe Benelli should make Harleys here.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jehu:
joes bar and grill (06-23-2019), Malleck (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 07:42 AM
DaveE
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,035 Likes on 879 Posts

A minor point, Audi is part of the Volkswagen Group, not the other way around.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:01 AM
ozzie21
Advanced

Audi is part of the Volkswagen group...OK I was corrected on that earlier today. It's hard to keep track of...lol.....
I haven’t done intensive research and double-checked every detail but you see my point.
I know this is a motorcycle forum but when you start thinking too much about the big picture of all this it becomes a lot to absorb....
There are now a very few number of companies and corporations in the world that control and own almost everything and they are accumulating more and more all the time.
The richest 1% now owns half the world's wealth. The wealthiest 1 percent of the world's population now owns more than half of the world's wealth, according a Credit Suisse report.
Only 10 companies control almost every large food and beverage brand in the world. These companies — Nestlé, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Unilever, Danone, General Mills, Kellogg's, Mars, Associated British Foods, and Mondelez.
The Rothschild family net worth is estimated at up to $700 trillion. One of the wealthiest and most influential families in the world, the banking dynasty was founded in the 1760s.
The Illuminati was founded in 1776.
The USA was founded in 1776.
The Illuminati symbol is on the US money.
In modern times, the term Illuminati refers to a conspiratorial organization that is said to mastermind current world affairs. This organization allegedly controls both governments and multinational corporations.
I always was a bit amused about this and thought some people were too paranoid over it but there might be something to this.

Chicago Ken (06-24-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 09:17 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 461 Posts

Ever'body grab yore tin-foil skull caps!

Crazy (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 02:04 PM
crtfibl
Supporter
Received 8,389 Likes on 2,807 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveE
A minor point, Audi is part of the Volkswagen Group, not the other way around.
And the Porsche family is still the largest shareholder of the whole empire.