General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb broad can't drive...rant

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 05:49 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 861 Likes on 466 Posts
Angry Dumb broad can't drive...rant

I ran into a fine member of society yesterday on my way home from work.

I was approaching an intersection where I had to stop and then turn right. There were two vehicles approaching the intersection from my right...both turning left onto the road I was currently on. The first vehicle, an SUV, went through as I was approaching the intersection. The second vehicle, a sedan, was coming through the intersection as I was coming to a stop. She cut the left turn WAY short, so much so that I had to make an abrupt swerve to the right to keep her from running over my front wheel. My elbow barely missed her side-view mirror. Brakes plus sharp turn at slow speed equals bike on its side. I did a walk-off as the bike was tipping over. I turned to look at the dumb broad to see that she had stopped just up the road. Well, she only stopped because the SUV in front of her had stopped. She goes around the SUV and on about her dumb merry way while the man and women in the SUV get out to see if I'm OK. From their point of view, it had probably looked like she had hit me. The dude helps me upright my rig, and he's totally pissed about the whole thing. He's going on about how she just drove off without checking on someone she ran off the road. I don't think he was a biker himself because he referred to bikers in third person in a few statements.

Damage report was some deep scratches in the right-hand engine guard, muffler cover, and a few in the side case. I'm doing touch-up work on those today.

FYI...the BCM apparently shuts off the engine during a tip-over, which is cool. The first thing I reached for after tipping over was the ignition switch, but the engine shut off before I touched the switch. When I got the bike back to correct-side-down, the LCD display on the speedometer stated "TIP OVER".

Last edited by HuntWhenever; 07-13-2019 at 05:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by HuntWhenever:
Bama Lee (07-14-2019), Sorce (07-14-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 07:38 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,204 Likes on 8,360 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
I ran into a fine member of society yesterday on my way home from work.

I was approaching an intersection where I had to stop and then turn right. There were two vehicles approaching the intersection from my right...both turning left onto the road I was currently on. The first vehicle, an SUV, went through as I was approaching the intersection. The second vehicle, a sedan, was coming through the intersection as I was coming to a stop. She cut the left turn WAY short, so much so that I had to make an abrupt swerve to the right to keep her from running over my front wheel. My elbow barely missed her side-view mirror. Brakes plus sharp turn at slow speed equals bike on its side. I did a walk-off as the bike was tipping over. I turned to look at the dumb broad to see that she had stopped just up the road. Well, she only stopped because the SUV in front of her had stopped. She goes around the SUV and on about her dumb merry way while the man and women in the SUV get out to see if I'm OK. From their point of view, it had probably looked like she had hit me. The dude helps me upright my rig, and he's totally pissed about the whole thing. He's going on about how she just drove off without checking on someone she ran off the road. I don't think he was a biker himself because he referred to bikers in third person in a few statements.

Damage report was some deep scratches in the right-hand engine guard, muffler cover, and a few in the side case. I'm doing touch-up work on those today.

FYI...the BCM apparently shuts off the engine during a tip-over, which is cool. The first thing I reached for after tipping over was the ignition switch, but the engine shut off before I touched the switch. When I got the bike back to correct-side-down, the LCD display on the speedometer stated "TIP OVER".
`Gonna start looking at Go-Pros?

The following users liked this post:
JustDave13 (07-14-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 09:50 PM
Zonktified
Tourer
Received 214 Likes on 108 Posts

Omg that really sucks man. Sorry for unfortunate cage encounter. Some oeople are so oblivious to their own actions.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:53 PM
Long lonesome highwayman
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,809 Likes on 2,356 Posts

Sorry to hear that, and not just for your sake, but mine as well. I ride in SW Ohio also, hope I don't encounter her.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:24 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,829 Likes on 1,209 Posts

I'm glad you're OK!
We are very vulnerable out there.
Intersections are especially dangerous. If it's not another car or truck, at times, they don't even see you. Holding your space, even in your own lane, does not apply to a motorcycle because the vehicle with larger mass always has right of way.

The following users liked this post:
Sorce (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 06:38 AM
CrBear
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,980 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Glad it wasn't worse man!
Sounds like a young driver? No one looks after you, but you....

Old 07-14-2019, 06:47 AM
victory11
Road Warrior
Received 700 Likes on 399 Posts

Yesterday a guy and possibly his wife were at an intersection in the far right hand lane looking at a map. The were in the lane to go north. I could see them bickering as to which way to go. I don't know who won out but the guy turned left across what was basically two other lanes of traffic so he could go south. We have a lot of tourists at this time of year. If it's tourist season, can I shoot them?

The following 2 users liked this post by victory11:
Bama Lee (07-14-2019), klap (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 06:52 AM
CrBear
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,980 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Yes... Yes you can.....

Old 07-14-2019, 06:58 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,529 Likes on 3,782 Posts

That is a real problem around here. What makes matters worst is half the stops signs are way back and you actually have to get past them to see. There are the people who cut corners short and some even learn or think they need to swing out right to turn left. It's Russian Roulet on a bike these days.

All the FI bikes have a bank angle circuit in the signal light circuit and or alarm signal light circuit that kills the fuel pump.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:18 AM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,003 Likes on 6,203 Posts

Glad you are OK!

Quick Reply: Dumb broad can't drive...rant