General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I do?........decisions, decisions!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Protrucker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do I do?........decisions, decisions!

ORIGINAL: carltex

ORIGINAL: 3power

Living in Binghamton, you know that the winters can be long, leaving you with a shortened riding season to begin with. Most people I know around here (I'm in NY also) that have 2 bikes never really ride both of them, so one just tends to sit and then get sold. I'd say if you like the RK, trade in the Bob. The RK is more versatile and you'll be able to ride it longer into the fall/winter if the cold bothers you.
I was gonna say sell the truck and get the RK but 3 has a point. If your gonna get both one is gonna set more than the other. Gonna have to choose if you want a truck or bike sittin around that you don't use very much.
I know what you mean, but I've put a lot more miles on my current bikes in the last year than I have on my truck. I'm thinking really seriously about getting rid of all my Jap bikes & the truck, buying an older truck & getting a Road King. I'm probably going to miss this one before I'm ready to buy though.[sm=boohoo.gif]

ORIGINAL: Dinger

Get rid of the current bike. It's bad enough having to make payments on a recreational vehicle but having two recreational vehicles and paymentsfor both? Then themaintenance, insurance, registration...
I think that I'd rather have to make payments on something that I really enjoy than just necessary transportation for going to & from work.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:19 PM
lawhd
Advanced

If you like both and they serve different purposes, get both...if you can afford it.
We have a 1995 FLSTN Nostalgia for cruising and I amordering a custom bobber (bar hopper) for short around-town trips. Sure, they both do the job, but each a little differently.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:34 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1 BORDERCROSSIN UP HERE WITH THE RIGHT CARGO,,,YOU CAN KEEP BOTH AND BUY 5 MORE!!
NEED #'S?

Old 08-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Quit walking through the showroom.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:42 AM
Protrucker
Tourer

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

1 BORDERCROSSIN UP HERE WITH THE RIGHT CARGO,,,YOU CAN KEEP BOTH AND BUY 5 MORE!!
NEED #'S?
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Hmm[sm=confused06.gif]........tempting, but with my luck I'd end up spending time in the "Steel Bar Hotel" & loosing everything I've got now.[sm=noooo.gif][sm=nothatway.gif]