General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D...Pay to Play?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 05:56 PM
Timberwolf2017
Road Captain
Received 251 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by downzero
I watched his video, too. It's just clickbait. He also said the EPA is going to crack down on tuners and exhaust systems. Good luck with that.
They have done just that on diesel pickups. If they catch you with a "deleted diesel", the fines are high. The fines for shops that delete emissions devices are in the $10K up range for each occurance. The highway (transportation) police look for this and do stop them.

Old 05-04-2024, 03:57 AM
Wmitz
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts

Vance and Hines, S&S make performance pipes with cats. Now Fuel Moto is getting ready to release their line catted performance pipes as well. So it would seem that the EPA is going after manufacturers. I’m sure other larger companies are feeling the heat as well as some well known smaller manufacturers. It will be interesting to see if they can develop a better performance cat verses today’s performance cat.

Old 05-04-2024, 06:51 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,879 Likes on 1,480 Posts

I wonder is EPA going after them, or are states or counties doing inspection? You got liberal states like Texas and New Jersey that inspect motorcycles. Maybe to sell in CA? The concern is companies won't want to make to versions. Curious can you easily remove them? wink wink

Seems like they would have design and just sit on it, until needed.

Old 05-05-2024, 07:10 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 980 Likes on 468 Posts

That useless as a pile of dog **** in the front pocket of ones jeans Operating System known as Microsoft, pulled this **** a couple decades ago and got slapped on the wrist by the government. After that though, the gov't stopped trying and now, if one were to actually read the EULA of the M$ operating system on ones computer, you don't own that OS at all...M$ still does. It's almost like you're renting it and they're just allowing you to use it if you sign your rights away, which you do once you buy that computer.

I'd used M$ since it was 3.1, it was garbage then, and from the computers I see friends with, it's still ****. I used it up through Windows98SE and in the year 2000 I got online (with a dial-up modem doing a hot - if I was lucky - 10kb download speed and started to look for something different. It took 3 *DAYS* once to download a Linux distribution I wanted to try (I'd never heard of Linux before then but was sick and tired of M$ screwing up my hardware and the BSOD's constantly!). I had to try four distro's until I found one I liked and literally erased M$ off my system and I haven't looked back since.

If the car and bike industries do this ****, you'll regret it...well, some will regret it and quit using that ****. We see though that the mouth-breathing majority with thought processes lasting half a second and forward thinking of even less than that kept their M$ and *keep paying to have it*. I'm sure it'll be the same way with this, *IF* it happens. The majority of riders will just suck it up like good little sheep and the motor industries will just keep smiling all the way to the bank.

Yep, I'll keep my carb'd bikes until I can't ride anymore because of age or there are no more parts for them and mine fall apart. Luckily I'm 62 so it won't be a hell of a lot longer anyway, lol.

Old 05-05-2024, 07:26 AM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 563 Likes on 313 Posts

Why on earth would anyone want to pay for a bike or care and then keep paying to use features?

Ill keep my bought new 13 no ABS, an actual throttle cable Heritage. Id much rather change cam chain tensioners than deal with the new tech-no bikes

Old 05-05-2024, 08:36 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,879 Likes on 1,480 Posts

Originally Posted by heritageblue2013
Why on earth would anyone want to pay for a bike or care and then keep paying to use features?

Ill keep my bought new 13 no ABS, an actual throttle cable Heritage. Id much rather change cam chain tensioners than deal with the new tech-no bikes
I pay for internet,, and cell phone. Some people for cable. I have started paying for onx. I just started paying for spotify. Resisted. But its nice but bills add up.

Old 05-05-2024, 10:51 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,223 Likes on 2,468 Posts

just out of curiosity, if you have a subscription for heated seats, can you suspend it in the spring/summer/fall and then start it back up again in the winter?