General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you use Nitrogen in your tires ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 05:01 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you use Nitrogen in your tires ?

ORIGINAL: Rebel Ryder

all - be careful of this can of worms that is cj_slowdown. [sm=icon_quiet.gif]
"Rebel Ryder"
"all - be careful of this can of worms that is cj_slowdown"
Oh, come on Rebel Ryder, I am not the can of worms, or even the subject is, IMO, it’s kind of straight forward:
Is nitrogen better than plain air ? list the pros / cons of each, decide is it worth the cost, along with, what type of rider one is ?
Do you check your air pressure in your bike or car/truck, but here it’s the m/c, once a month ?
If yes, and your not concerned with moisture, heating up the tires or very slow leaks, then common sense states of course plain air is free, it’s a no-brainer, stay with plain air and save the pocket change for more bling, simple.
If on the other hand one sees the benefits of nitrogen over plain air, spring for the few bucks at some hd dealer or try Costco even cheaper, the only down side I see, is yes you will have less pocket change for the cheap chinese bling, ok that’s not fair, not all chinese bling is cheap, money wise.
You see it’s a choice but with some, choice is not an option, since in their minds, it’s stupid to buy something that is FREE, not only for themselves, but get this, for all others, these are the clowns, ok that’s not fair, not all these riders of the Great American Freedom Machine, are funny.
cj

Old 12-01-2007, 05:02 PM
x2lee
Banned

He lost me at 10 bucks a pop, then I asked how about my bike tires and he said the same...
BTW I didnt say the salesman was stupid, he just thought I was.
ORIGINAL: cj_slowdown

[align=left]"x2lee"
"Im sorry I was in no way or form trying to impress you. I was in trucksandmoore yesterday they tried to sell me nitrogen for my tires, 10 bucks a pop. It sounded as stupid from the salesmans lips as it did on the brochure he handed me. I was unimpressed also."[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]X2lee, I know that, but what about the brochure I posted ? unimpressed also ? 10 bucks a pop, ? can I assume it was because of large truck tires ? the volume ? if it wasn’t and it was for car tires, I would be unimpressed also, well really, I would have laugh in his face and found some other place, oh, wait, do you live around where RED E GLIDE, works ?? just wondering ? [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]"x2lee"
"If you want to impress me, send me 20 clams and I will buy some snake air and have a truley informed opinion... "[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Sorry x2lee, as with lp you didn’t pass the test, you didn’t list any of the stupid things in the brochure or what the stupid salesman said ? and who knows, maybe I would have agreed with you on the salesmen ? : - ) [/align][align=left][/align]
[align=left]cj [/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]

Old 12-02-2007, 10:00 AM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

“x2lee”
“He lost me at 10 bucks a pop, then I asked how about my bike tires and he said the same... “

He would have lost me too at 10, and WTH the same for m/c tires ???? I wouldn’t be buying nitrogen at that price for my ride, damn I like competition and the free market !

“x2lee”
“BTW I didnt say the salesman was stupid, he just thought I was.”

That is the major mistake salespeople make, the AH’s, it’s what gives business a bad name, but it’s not all people in businesses who operate like that, but I think he proved he was stupid : - ) again the free market, works !

Later, x2lee

cj

Old 12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

With the price of gasoline up, I think I'll put Helium in my tires. Lighten up all that chrome on the wheels and get better mileage. *smirk [/align]

Old 12-07-2007, 04:27 PM
06train
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: cj_slowdown

ORIGINAL: 06train

ORIGINAL: Kolni

Blah, balh, blah, balh.......You have yet to show me anyone that agrees with you CJ.

Give it up, nitrogen is stupid when air is free.
Pretty much proves his intelect.The quote tab is over his head..Kolni,,Dude he's a morrrrrrrron,a dust for brains!! And ,,Daaaaaaa it's like grade school with all the colors..
[align=left]"06train"[/align][align=left]quote:

ORIGINAL: Kolni

Blah, balh, blah, balh.......You have yet to show me anyone that agrees with you CJ.

Give it up, nitrogen is stupid when air is free. [/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]"06train"[/align][align=left]"Pretty much proves his intelect.The quote tab is over his head..Kolni,,Dude he's a morrrrrrrron,a dust for brains!! And ,,Daaaaaaa it's like grade school with all the colors."[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Of course you meant to type "intellect", the quote IMO is not over my head maybe I need to come down a grade or two for the ones who can’t understand it ? or is it you didn’t read it all ? yeah, odds are you didn’t, heres a tip, printed it out, follow the words with your index finder, if a hard word or hard sentence to understand, comes up, ask someone. I could bet there are more than a few here, when they first heard of the internet the first comment out of there mouths had to be something like "big deal, WTH is it good for ? it’s crap, it’s stupid !!" [/align][align=left]Then as time passes one says to the misunderstood jerk, hay, the internet, it’s good for **** !!! WTF, ? why didn’t you tell me that, the first time !!!!! [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Another one confused by colors, what must math be like ? impress me 06train, what do ya got ???? [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]cj [/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]
OK..you forgot these..

Old 12-07-2007, 07:22 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Time to move on here!!!