General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know anything about FOOJAY?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:41 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone know anything about FOOJAY?

I paid for a set of ghost brackets last week on Friday and have not heard a thing from him. Payment has cleared and all of that good stuff. I am a little concerned. I have never been taken for anything on the internet as of yet...
I see his last post was on 11/30/07. I am not one to badmouth anyone, but a lack of communication like this is quite worrisome. Has anyone else don business with this guy? I almost forgot, I have sent several emails asking him to let me know if he has received payment and when he plans on shipping the items to no avail, along with a PM. I feel that waiting until the 5th day with no communication is satisfactory to post this. What can I do besides cross my fingers? Yes, paid with paypal...

Old 12-05-2007, 12:02 PM
krautrock
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone know anything about FOOJAY?

If your Paypal account is linked to a credit card you could always dispute the charges ... that's pretty much the equivalent of "shooting birds with cannons", though, since you'd be picking a fight with Paypal. I don't have a US Paypal account (mine's w/ Paypal Germany) but they have some hints for "conflict resolution" - log into your account and check for a similarly labeled link. AFAIK, they'll get in touch w/foojay and will try to resolve the issue. I've never had to do anything of the kind - I try to avoid Paypal when possible - so I got no clue how well this conflict resolution stuff works. Methinks it's worth a try, though.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:55 PM
azhole
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know the guy you're refering to but a word on internet stuff, stuff I'm sure you're already aware of though.
I would have paypal get my funds from a credit card that will reimburse bad sales, that guarantees it. At that point you won't be burned.

It is the holiday season and this person may be on the road or have so many emails that yours gets buried. Check their feedback and see if they've recieved any recently or in the near past indicating that they are still doing business, but may be ignoring you, or if they're making buys, but blowing you off.
If this is through ebay you may want to do the messages through ebay, if you haven't been.
My bad experience on ebay, but it was resolved simply enough:
Had one guy, that I supposedly bought a heated seat from, but saw it relisted after I sent payment.
I immediately messaged paypal and they guy said he didn't get what he wanted for it so he was reselling it.
I will say that when looking at his second chance offer he did say in the bottom part that he wanted more than my offer, but I made an offer and pushed the 'pay now' button andwhat I offeredwasall that was sent.
It was about more than a $100 difference, but I figured if the 'pay now' price is sent then that's the deal. He said he wanted more so he resold it, while keeping my money.
I didn't have a problem with him not wanting to sell if for my offered price, but to keep my money and not make an effort to contact me to tell me of any problem with their system or with 'our deal' made me a bit angry.
I guess the guy thought he was some kind of bad *** cause he had an attitude when I emailed him about him not trying to contact me but reselling and my going to paypal. Acted like I was supposed to do the jumping and make all contacts when I did what was supposed to be done.
I got a little bitof an attitude after that, but kept it cool and to myself. Bidness,yaknow.
I immediately contacted paypal and had my money back within two days.
I was pissed that the guy didn't immediately message me and send my money back, but I got it taken care of fast enough. I don't know that it was an intentional tactic, but it happened none the less.
I wonder how many of these idiots price stuff high, so it won't sell, then attempt a tactic like this, and actually get away with it.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Dispute the charges thru paypal.They will assist to a point. I believe now, this is all you can do. I have had my disputed deals (only 2) resolved. It took longer but turned out as it should have.In the future, maybe reseach the buyers / sellers, # of transactions and thier feed back.Good Luck!

Old 12-05-2007, 02:13 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I went to paypal and checked out the how to file a dispute. They said I should wait a few more days as it has been less than a week, but I believe in communication with people when selling and buying. This guy stopped communicatiing altogether. Maybe he is out of town, I dunno. I'll give him till friday and if I hear nothing I will file a dispute. Thanks for the advice.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:34 PM
krautrock
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: anubisss
..., but I believe in communication with people when selling and buying. This guy stopped communicatiing altogether. Maybe he is out of town, I dunno. ...
Hrmph ... I hate it when people do that. Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine a situation where it'd be asking too much to send at least a quick one-liner ... "Sorry for the delay, am going to be out of town on urgent business, will get back to you no later than mm/dd.".

Weird. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your item and/or your money back asap.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:27 PM
cwilks
Banned

He's a liar and acheat....I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him....he's a worthless piece of s h i t [:@][:@]

THAT should draw him out

Old 12-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master

cwilks...have you had previous dealings with him? If so, please state the particuliars so the rest of us are aware. Thanks

Old 12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
cwilks
Banned

No...I have not...........the ROTFLMAO guy was my first clue...........it was a joke

Old 12-05-2007, 11:03 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior

I just bought my Lepera seat off of him, it took a week for the money to clear Paypal and a week later I got the seat. He charged me $20.00 shipping when the actual shipping cost was $38.00. He still sent the seat and never asked for the extra shipping cost. I say Foojay is a man of his word and you will receive your purchase so I wouldn't sweat it.

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything about FOOJAY?