General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back from BBB in Fayetteville...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:47 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back from BBB in Fayetteville...(long)

Sorry in advance for the long post... but I had to tell you about our trip.

This wasour first big rally together and wejust returned home Saturday after agreat time in Fayetteville, AR at the Bikes, Blues and BBQ rally Oct. 3-6.

We left Wednesday morning from Wichita, Ks around 0800. The weather was cool and jackets were definitely needed during the morning. We took US 400 to Fredonia (90 mi.) where we took our first break. Stopped in Parsons for fuel and then again in Pittsburg for lunch. Stopped again in Joplin for fuel and thentowardsRogers, AR to our hotel. The ride out was very nice. Cool weather, light traffic and the bike ran flawlessly. Once we got off I-44 and onto US 71 South, the scenery started to develop. Theride into NW Arkansas is nice, but nothing like we were to experience later. After arriving at our hotel, we checked in, unpacked the bike, and chilled outin the room for a couple hours. After6 hrs on the road, it was nice to unwind a bit.
After a bit of R & R, we headed into Fayetteville to check out the early "goings on" on Dickson St. The crowd was light and parking was easy as it was still early in the week. Most of the vendors were set up but some were still unpacking their wares. We found some interesting people wandering around but mostly stayed to ourselves while we checked out the scenery. After about 3 hours of sight-seeing and people watching, we decided to call it a day and head back to Rogers to the hotel...via Chik-Fil-A, of course. We both love Chik-Fil-A and any time we have an opportunity, we take it! Yum! Anyway.... back to the hotel for some rest.

After sleeping in Thursday morning, we decided to check out the Tyson Track Center Venue to see what was going on there. As we arrived, I expected to see a lot more bikes. Trafffic was still light and parking was easy. We wandered across the street from the parking lot and spotted the Harley trailer first thing. Got to see both Rockers and a Fat Bob. The pictures on the website don't do the Rocker justice at all. It's not my style but still a good looking bike. I got to play with the fold out passenger seat a little bit. It worked easily and seemed to be pretty solid when extended. The Fat Bob they had out was Denim Black and just looked tough sitting there. I liked the Fat Bob better than the Rocker, for sure.
We headed on to check out the rest of the vendors and got to see a couple of guys doing stunts on Harley's. They were pretty good... and noisy as well...
We didn't stay too much longer after the stunt show andsince wecouldn'tfind anything that we couldn't live without,we headed back towards Rogers. On the way we decided to head over to War Eagle Mill on the recommendation of some friends. It turned out to be a good recommendation. The ride over to the mill on Hiway 12 was amazing. Beautiful scenery, twisty roads, and cool temps. Very nice. The mill was an old grist mill from back in the civil war era. It is still a working mill and we got to see it in action when we arrived. We ate lunch at the restaurant on the 3rd floor of the mill and after lunch we checked out the gift shop on the 2nd and 1st floors.
We took our time heading back after the visit to the mill, and decided to ride arounda bit to check out this area of NW Ark. After seeing some beautiful scenery and riding some fun roads, we were getting hungy and it was getting dark. We decided to check out Tony C's on Hiway 12 just E. of Rogers toward Beaver Lake. Tony C's originated in Wichita back in the day and moved to NW Ark in '84? I think. Anyway, this is some good Italian food if you're ever in the area, check out Tony C's. [end of

Old 10-08-2007, 11:34 AM
RGDRYMO
Intermediate
Default RE: Back from BBB in Fayetteville...(long)

I was born And raised here in the Fay. area and I just want to say I'm glad to hear you had A good time.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:41 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, Rod. We had a great time. Been there before, but mostly spent time in the Rogers/Beaver Lake area....

Old 10-08-2007, 11:58 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Be glad you didn't leave on Sunday......

From about Rogers on to the north and west it was, rain, rain, rain, and more rain. [8D]

Old 10-08-2007, 12:23 PM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

We saw that comin'. That's why we left when we did.... didn't wanna get caught up in it.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:01 PM
elcid1989
Road Captain

Sounds like you had a great time! Post us some pics!

Old 10-08-2007, 01:22 PM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: elcid1989
Sounds like you had a great time! Post us some pics!
That's a great idea, except.... my wife and I, BOTH, forgot to pack the camera. The only picture I have is on my cell phone of a Boss Hoss 502 that we saw downtown. D'Oh!!![:@]

Here it is.... sorry for the poor quality. [:'(]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18262/15BD8C3DEC874689BD3783E99ADEFBF3.jpg[/IMG]