Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   my 2008 is near flawless... Lets hear some POSITIVE FEEDBACK for a change! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/163075-my-2008-is-near-flawless-lets-hear-some-positive-feedback-for-a-change.html)

donk_316 10-26-2007 08:49 AM

my 2008 is near flawless... Lets hear some POSITIVE FEEDBACK for a change!

With all the whining and crying going on i thought i would post up that my 2008 FXSTB has been THE best / most reliable / most fun bike i have ever owned.

Every experience with my "Stealer" has been more than fantastic and not a single complaint with my bike. I have nearly 2000kms on her now.

Took it once for a clutch cable adjutment, tighten the steering stem and adjust drive belt tension.

With all the "doom and gloom" on this site i was nearly worried sick about "transmission problems" / "cam bearing faliures" / "Main pinion exsessive runout" and so on... I would just like to comment that MY 2008 HD is f'n awesome.

So let the purse carryin owners have their thread... this is a thread for HAPPY and SATISFIED OWNERS!

Punisher 10-26-2007 09:24 AM

RE: my 2008 is near flawless... Lets hear some POSITIVE FEEDBACK for a change!

This is by far, the best Harley I've ever owned. Excellent bike.

reddfinn 10-26-2007 09:32 AM

No complaints on my 08 UC. Just returned from riding it 1450 miles in four days; with 574 miles on the fourth day. Performed flawlessly.

faber 10-26-2007 09:45 AM

Yeah, my 08 XL1200 is the smoothest, slickest, most reliable bike I've ever had. I've got over 2K and it just gets better. For years I've been messing around with 70s-vintage parallel twins (Triumphs and Yamahas) and now I wonder why I waited so long to get on a Harley.

And the dealer was wonderful, and continues to be. In marketing-speak, the "ownership experience" is outstanding (the role of the service-provider/dealer is an important element in that). Car dealers should take a few lessons from my H-D dealer.

I can't relate at all to the innumerable "doom & gloom" posts. If H-Ds are so unreliable and the "stealerships" are so awful and incompetent, why aren't these guys on Hondas?

hoosierhog88 10-26-2007 11:24 AM

My '08 Ultra is without question, the finest bike I've owned. Smooth as silk, FBW throttle is awesome, paint is spectacular, no whine, no clatter, no problem.

Excellent Harley sound, thanks to Rush slip ons. Even the stock muffs were not too bad.

Best M/C purchase I've ever made.

TwiggyAZ 10-26-2007 11:39 AM

So let the purse carryin owners have their thread...
Hey!!! I carry a purse and I love my FLSTNI!!!:D
Not one complaint! Well maybe...!!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...yaz/MeBike.jpg

wardenwf 10-26-2007 12:01 PM

07 Street Bob with 8,600 miles. 3,700 on long distance touring. Never any problems.

Lost1 10-26-2007 12:09 PM

We havethree '07's and all have been trouble-free and a joy to own & ride. Excellent build quality and reliability. ;)

rapz 10-26-2007 12:10 PM

I've already said it, I love my UClassic!:)

walc 10-26-2007 12:14 PM

I love my 2008 FLHR Road King; as I did the 2007 FXD Dyna Super Glide I traded for it.
I figure the negative talk helped me to buy both bikes, at reasonable prices; instead of the inflated prices of years past.