General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 hp #'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 hp #'s

Can anyone tell me what Harley says the hp. and torque of the stock 96 is?

Old 10-30-2007, 07:57 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 96 hp #'s

This was just addressed in the Dyna section:
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2395924/tm.htm

Old 10-30-2007, 07:58 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Trock

I found this on Yahoo answers......it sound about right...

unfortunately, with the new epa guidelines in place, Harley had to really lean the new 96ci motors down. This robbed them of horsepower and torque. Harley won't even tell you the hp rating. I dyno'd my new '07 Ultra with the 96ci motor. In it's stock configuration, it produced 68 horsepower ( less than my TC88CI ). I changed out the stock mufflers to a set of Pythons, added a screaming eagle stage 1 kit, and a race tuner, then I set it up on the dyno and dialed it in, this setup gave me 23 more horsepower and brought the torque up to 90 ft pounds. It also let the engine run much cooler. After that I added an oil cooler and synthetic oil. Funny, but switching to synthetic picked up 2 more horsepower!! Next up is the big bore kit. Can't wait to see what it adds to the HP.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing a few bucks won't fix.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:01 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Hammer02

Nothing a few bucks won't fix.
A few???!! Hehehehe.......

Old 10-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks I thought I had seen it before but just couldn't find it. After dynoing my bike today with Fatcat 2/1 and se a/c and sert I got 70.5 hp and 83.7 tq. I just don't think those number should have cost me what they did. I was thinking the TQ. should be at least in the high 80's. Just don't seem right to me. Anyone have anything to compare

Old 10-30-2007, 08:29 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

unfortunately, with the new epa guidelines in place, Harley had to really lean the new 96ci motors down. This robbed them of horsepower and torque. Harley won't even tell you the hp rating. I dyno'd my new '07 Ultra with the 96ci motor. In it's stock configuration, it produced 68 horsepower ( less than my TC88CI ).P I changed out the stock mufflers to a set of pythons, added a screaming eagle stage 1 kit, and a race tuner, then I set itup on the dyno and dialed it in, this setup gave me 23 more horsepower and brought the torque up to 90 ft pounds. It also let the engine run much cooler. After that I added an oil cooler and synthetic oil. Funny, but switching to synthetic picked up 2 more horsepower!! Next up is the big bore kit. Can't wait to see what it adds to the HP.
what a crock of ****

Old 10-30-2007, 08:32 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: carpetride

unfortunately, with the new epa guidelines in place, Harley had to really lean the new 96ci motors down. This robbed them of horsepower and torque. Harley won't even tell you the hp rating. I dyno'd my new '07 Ultra with the 96ci motor. In it's stock configuration, it produced 68 horsepower ( less than my TC88CI ).P I changed out the stock mufflers to a set of pythons, added a screaming eagle stage 1 kit, and a race tuner, then I set itup on the dyno and dialed it in, this setup gave me 23 more horsepower and brought the torque up to 90 ft pounds. It also let the engine run much cooler. After that I added an oil cooler and synthetic oil. Funny, but switching to synthetic picked up 2 more horsepower!! Next up is the big bore kit. Can't wait to see what it adds to the HP.
what a crock of ****
But do you believe him?? LOL

Old 10-30-2007, 08:41 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: carpetride

what a crock of ****
But do you believe him?? LOL
I believe about the only thing that assclown might have is a vento [8D] ....heck everybody knows going to syn3 adds at least another 6 hp..jeese

Old 10-30-2007, 09:20 PM
warthawg
Tourer

Don't know about stock but here's the dyno for an '07 96B with SE AC, Rush 1.75" baffles and SERT

Quick Reply: 96 hp #'s