General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Cycle World in Athens, GA.

My '93 Sportster died so the boss who must be obeyed said: "If it's really dead, go buy another one."

I've always wanted a Heritage so I look at dealer sites, cyle trader, craigslist, etc.

I find a '02 Heritage at Cycle World that was priced way less than all others were asking for comparable bikes. I drive down there to look at it and talked to Bobby Russell. He knocked a bunch off the asking price and after talking a bit more knocked some more off. This was on a Monday and I told him I'd probably be back on Friday if I got financing arranged. He said he would be off on Tuesday and intoduced me to the person in charge of doing the paperwork in case I came back then.

Got the financing done on Tues. morning and called them saying I was on my way. When I got there it was ready to go, except for adjusting the bars and engine guard footpegs. About 30 minutes later I was on my way home on my 'new' Heritage.

The next day I get a call from Mr. Russell thanking me for buying the bike from them.

About a week later I get a big envelope in the mail from them. It's a Harley Road Atlas and a one year membership in H.O.G.! They may have told me about that but I don't remember if they did and it's not on the invoice, so it must have been free.

I got treated like this buying an EIGHT YEAR OLD BIKE! Makes me wonder how they would have treated me if I was buying a new one!

Now I know why a good friend of mine rides right past another HD dealer that's 7 miles from his house to get to CycleWorld that's over 35 miles away.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:52 PM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hot Metal Harley - West Mifflin, PA

I took my bike in a few weeks ago because I was stalling during a warm idle. I let them change the oil and inspect it while it was in. I was tired of trying to guess what the problem was so I cracked and let the dealer figure it out. I told them to do a dyno (I recently changed my pipes and downloaded my own maps) or whatever they felt they needed to do so long as my bike was fixed. Pretty open ended on my part.

They called and gave me updates as they were working and found a bad Crank Position Sensor (through a code). They replaced the sensor and reset my idle - problem fixed! I say this is great service because I gave them free range to do anything they deemed necessary. They said the map looked good and no need for the $350 dyno. I think it's pretty honest to NOT do a dyno if it didn't really need it. I wouldn't have known or thought anything of it since I just wanted to ride my bike without stalling at a redlight.

Great job Hot Metal.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:00 PM
dcpicks
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Susquehanna Valley HD in Harrisburg, Pa. I've always been given great service. If they quote a time period for a repair or install and it runs over they honor the quote. Great service, great people.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:09 PM
vicmr
1st Gear

Bossier Harley Davidson in Bossier City La . Nice people. Treat you like you are special

Old 05-03-2010, 05:43 AM
bearman_80
Novice

Bought a used bike from Wabash Valley Harley Davidson in Terre Haute In, great place to deal with low pressure sales.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Subu
Cruiser

Barb's Harley Davidson outside of Camden, NJ.

Great service, walked in and got helped right away. Customer service was great! They didn't have the bike I wanted, a '10 Street Bob denim black, so I was put on the list for the next one in. Got a quote for the bike, with 1300 in accessories, they gave me price + 10% on all clothing and gear that I purchased, 15% off all the accessories (seat, pillion, sissy bar, parts, etc), and took all the extra charges off the bike itself. Decided I wanted it earlier, they found one and got it in a week later instead of the next shipping cycle which was 3 weeks away.

Most of the discount was military, and if you're military in the area hit them up! Talk to Charlie Brown, no ****.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:48 PM
admwyne
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdean
I am lucky to be close to to great dealers.

Gover HD in Piqua, Ohio. Never felt more welcome and appreciated at any delaer than here. Wnet about and beyond on my new bike purchase. Then through in a discount that I did not expect or ask for.!!!

Jim's HD in Mendon, Ohio. Needed steering head checked. The ower, Jim had a tech test it out. No charge! No wait. Always friendly!

Gateway to The West HD in St. Louis. Stopped by one day and the people were fantasatic. Free snacks, great service and did not even know me.

As a side note: Out of all the dealers I have visited the number that I would not go back to is very few. Most realize we as customers are the butter for their bread! Very brand loyal.
Brining up a post from the past in this thread....Gover HD out of Piqua, OH is a great group of people. Family business and customer/family oriented. My little boys are treated like they just purchased a new bike everytime they walk in. Nothing but kindness from them!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
bw1964
Stage I

My bike was ripped off last week. Any ideas on alrms gps ect.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:48 AM
RoadKing Rick
Stage I

Gulf Coast Harley in New Port Richey Florida did an awesome job of putting me on my first Harley. Everyone I met there was top notch, and very concerned about making me happy.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Storm_law
Advanced
Default Good and Bad, Kingman Arizona Harley Davidson

While riding to the Laughlin River Run 2010, I got a flat rear tire about 12am on Saturday morning. Got my bike towed to Kingman Arizona Harley from Needles, CA about 70 miles. There was over 1000 people at the dealership as part of the Laughlin event.

They took my bike in on Saturday afternoon, it took over 5 hours but they replaced my rear tire with the same brand of Metzler 880 I had on it, they replaced all fluids with synthetic, added brake fluid, all for $459 bucks.

I am grateful that they were able to get me up and running with all of the commotion and people at their place, but I think they ripped me off. I was stuck. I am grateful and pissed all at the same time.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences