General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 10:37 PM
rockcandy
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Harley Davidson of Rocklin California is great to work with when buying a bike. I just bought a Street Glide from them and it could not have gone any smoother than it did. After the deal was done I was given two tee shirts, $115 towards a helmet, a HOG membership and some Harley cleaning products. I don't have any comments regarding their service department yet, but I'll be a happy guy if they are as good their sales and customer services.

Old 03-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Speed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My story of my experience with Barb's Camden County HD in Mt. Ephraim NJ

called around lunch time on a Friday and spoke to a very pleasant lady named Debbie in sales, asked her if I could fax over a completed credit app.
I faxed her over the app. and I got a call back from her in about 10 minutes telling me she received it and was sending it off to Harley. she said she'd call
me back in about a half hour. sure enough, about a half hour later my phone rang with the sweet words "your approved, come get your bike"
so Wifey and I went up after work to do the paper work. Debbie walked us around the dealership introducing us to all the folks in the various departments.
I spent some time with Tom (the Service manager). we discussed putting pipes on the bike, he gave me a quote and I told him to "git-r-done"
the only hitch was the F & I office. the gentleman we were dealing with had only been with Barbs 2 weeks and we ran into a little trouble with finance rates.
to the degree that at one point I got up and walked out telling him this just isn't going to work. Debbie caught me on my way out the door and seem really disappointed with the news that I wasn't buying the bike. at this point she grabbed a gentleman by the name of Gary (sales manager) and within 10 minutes he had the whole deal worked out where I needed it to be. we signed the paper work and decided that they would deliver the bike to me Saturday (free of charge)
they opened at 9am sat. morning, I called Tom around 1:00 pm to see where we were at. he told me that he had to check and that he would call me back in about 15 minutes.
again, about 15 minutes later my phone rang. he said it would be about an hour and someone would call me for directions to my house. my phone rang about an hour later. I gave the man directions and about 40 minutes later there was a Barb's truck and trailer out front of my house.
Ken unloaded my bike put it in my garage and returned my old pipes and air filter to me. he spent about 10-15 minutes going over the bike with me and another 15-20 just shooting the ****.

in short, Barb's did everything that they said that they said they were going to and in the end they made me a very happy Harley owner. they have earned my future business.

on another note. I have a very well know HD dealer about 1 mile from my house, I called them the same friday and asked for a specific salesman....to which I was left on hold for a solid 15 minutes (without anyone picking up the phone to tell me that someone would be right with me) so I hung up and called right back, this time simply asking for the sales dept. to which I spent another 5 minutes on hold before hanging up.....I kinda got the feeling that they weren't that interested in my business so as you can tell....I took it else where.

Old 03-28-2006, 05:14 PM
fxstcguy98
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DonFLSTN

I would like to add Fink's Harley Davidson in Zanesville Ohio to the list of good dealers. My girlfriend was interested in a 100th anniversary V-rod and we shopped around a lot. Some dealers were just not interested when she would ask them about a bike, guess they didn't think a woman would buy one! These people went out of their way to answer any and all questions she had about the bike. She started talking to them back in Oct. and they never seemed to get tired of her questions. They even called her to see if she needed to know anything else. She would talk to salesmen, mechanics, and anyone else involved with them. They all were very curtious and patient. As a result they made the sale and she couldn't be happier.

Have to second that on Fink's, they were very friendly, had good prices and even found me a great deal on insurance. I have also had good experiences at Athens Harley and A.D. Farrows in Columbus Oh (the service dept has given me a lot of free advice).

Old 03-28-2006, 11:44 PM
dastark
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Capitol Harley in Diamondale, MI. They always treat me well. Knowledgable parts and service depts. Cute ladies in the motorclothes dept. Heck most everyone knows me by name. Probably 'cause I spend way too much money there. (Thats what the misses tells me. And them too.) Their m.s.r.p. is competitive with most others but they'll compete.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:31 AM
ABNELECTRAGLIDE
Cruiser

RAY PRICE HARLEY in Raleigh , NC

These people are the HEAT!! As soon as you walk in the door they scoop ya up and take care of ya. I have purchased two bikes through them. Sales Staff is top notch, service dept is incredible, the gorgeous ladies at the motorclothes area are always nice to see. Overall Customer service is (5 STAR's)

Being Stationed at Ft Bragg in Fayetteville, im sure your asking why 50 miles north instead of CAPE FEAR in Fayetteville? The answer is NO RESPECT FOR THE CUSTOMER at Cape Fear.

I will ride 50 miles to Ray Price to buy S100! I have sent numerous friends up there and they all say the same thing.

Being in the military can be hectic and these guys know how we operate and adjust anything and everything they can to get us squared away. Even if i move across the country( WHICH I WONT) i would still drive the distance to give my money to them!

GREAT JOB RAY PRICE!! Thanks for all of the support to us while we have been deployed , we will be back soon to give you some more of our MONEY!!

Old 03-31-2006, 12:07 PM
2004 heritage
5th Gear

have to add benjy's in huntington wv, good people to do buisness with , nice museum to visit also

Old 03-31-2006, 12:21 PM
skateboard
Road Warrior

Harley-Davidson of Wausau Wi.what a great place.lots of bikes on the floor,all sorts of chrome,clothing and cleaning stuff to buy! sales people that took the time to answer all of my questions.after i bought my bike in January they gave me and my wife the tour and meet and greet with dam near everybody in the shop, showed us every little thing on the bike and said they would store it free tell i could pick it up.they would have deliver it,but i wanted to ride it home.the price was good i got the black cherry for the vivid black msrp saved 450 dollars.they gave me some ideas about some add ons but didn't push them on me which was nice.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:45 PM
TUCK
Advanced

Had a good parts purchase experience with David Walker @ Boswell's HD in Nashville, TN. Even though there was a slight problem with a special order, it was quickly resolved. What stood out most was their attitude. I felt like they appreciated my business.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:44 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys, I'm shopping for my bike, and have been to a few places. 1st stop was my local dealer. Apple Harley in Altoona, Pa. great selection, but very pricey.
Salesmen were all help, very much professional and polite. Also worth mentioning was Battlefield Harley in Gettysburg. The selection wasn't as good as Apple, and neither was the service. I was there for 20min. and I was never even approached by a sales person[:@]. But ! If you want a shirt or anything else under the sun with H.D. on it you'll find it there.

Jayson

Old 04-02-2006, 01:44 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patriot Harley Davidson, Fairfax, VA

Bought my bike there. Sales treated me just fine. Followed-up after purchase to ensure everything was going OK with me and the bike. I haven't used the service department. I'm a Volvo Tech so the service department won't see much of me unless it's a warranty issue. (or I get lazy) It's a nice store, well kept, and always lots of riders stopping in.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences