General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 03:09 AM
thumper 29
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Red River Harley Davidson Iowa Park, Texas.
I have a Night Train on order there right now, my dealings have been nothing but great with these
guys. Sales Dan and Charlie, and the parts guy Darren are all real nice people!
I went back to parts to talk about what extras I might want, and Darren was very helpful!
He even gave me a big thick parts and accessories catalog from behind the counter!
Yeah I know just helps him sell more stuff, but hell I have never had a parts guy give me the whole
catalog to keep!
I'll keep an update about service when I get mine and have it serviced!

Old 04-04-2006, 09:52 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Harley Davidson of Jamestown, NY[sm=signs007.gif]

Old 04-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Steele
Cruiser

I agree completely with FireHawk. Buddy Stubbs dealership is unlike an other dealship I have experienced. Just ordered a 2006 Road Glide. No other dealership here i the valley sells new bikes at MSRP. The other dealerships that I have been to lately (Hacinda & Aroowhead) tack on $2500 on top of MSRP. When questioned the sales manager at Arrowhead told me they add the $2500 because "they can".

Buddy allso offers personal tours of his million dollar motorcycle collection, located under lock and key at his dealership every Friday night @ 6pm. Quite the pleasure. http://www.arizonaharleydavidson.com...3I44JPMQ1384R0

Is dealership mark-ups like describe above common across the country ??? I'd be interested in hearing from other members experiences.

ORIGINAL: FireHawk

Buddy Stubbs Arizona Harley Davidson Phoenix Arizona. Freindly helpful people, great customer service, great HOG chapter sponser (Phoenix Chapter 93), service so far great.
****++ (as close to perfect as you can get IMHO)

Old 04-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Mo
Advanced

Mid America Harley-Davidson, Columbia Mo.
I never have been to keen on dealers but I cannot say enough good things about these people.

Sales staff....... 5 stars

Service dept.... 5 stars

Selection..........5 stars

Warranty work..5 stars

One year after the sale and I'll still stop in just to have a cup of coffee and visit. I highly recommend this dealer to anyone and everyone.
Now if my cage dealer was only as good life would be perfect.

Old 04-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Brettsterhog
Advanced

I have nothing but good things to say about Sandhills Cycle in Pinehurst NC. Not only did I get a 06 Springer for under MSRP, they give you 20% off anything you get for 90 days. Not bad IMO. They are straight forward and it's a small enough shop to serve your needs.

Update: After dealing with these guys more over the past year or so, I would say it is a good place to buy a bike (because of the good prices and 20% off everything for 90 days) but the service seems to..... well suck sometimes. I understand if a shop is busy, but sometimes I go in and there are 0 customers and they still seem to ignore ya. They rarely ask if I need help with anything and it takes forever to get help. The people that work in service seem to have no motivation to help the customer- it's like they wish you never walked in the door. It's not like I'm a bad customer either- I have never been rude, complained about anything, taken anything back even, etc. Is it just me or does it seem like service- almost everywhere you go has gotten extremely worse in the last decade or so? Maybe it's because I am getting older or come from a very small town, but I think customer service has gone down the toilet in most places these days. Just wanted to give anyone a heads up who might be considering these guys as their dealer. There, I'm done.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:26 PM
USNDiver
Intermediate

Just purchased my first Harley (Black Springer Classic) from Michael's of Cotati California and couldn't have been happier with the experience. My salesman, and all of the staff I dealt with, were first rate - no pressure and very helpful.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Tim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well my story is small, but.... I bought a new fuel inlet elbow from HD, cost $10, and because I had the carb off the bike and in my truck, HD pressed it on for free....no charge. HD of Baton Rouge, La gets my vote today. Tim

Old 04-13-2006, 03:24 AM
dajam_fxdli
Cruiser

Bought mine at HD of Seattle in Lynnwwod, WA. Great price, below MSRP, and the staff really rocks. Best of all very freindly and everyone seems to know there stuff. Even offer a great service package for sameday service.

Old 04-15-2006, 11:32 AM
cojohn31
6th Gear

Legends HD, Ledgewood NJ- Great service and people a real pleasure to deal with. I give them 5*.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:25 AM
thetwistedsoul
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: cojohn31

Legends HD, Ledgewood NJ- Great service and people a real pleasure to deal with. I give them 5*.
I grew up about 20 minutes from there, but I don't think they had a Harley dealer at the time.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences