General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 08:15 PM
sgtrod91
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Another vote for Ray Price. I was sent there by ABNELECTRAGLIDE and the sales manager was great. He gave me a great price . Everytime I stop by everyone is really friendly.This is my first HD and I dont know what free stuff you guys got but I think I got alot. Tshirt, 1 year HOG membership, battery tender, a glass plaque with a picture of my bike, HD owner ring. Like ABNELECTRAGLIDE said I wont go to Cape Fear either.

ORIGINAL: ABNELECTRAGLIDE

RAY PRICE HARLEY in Raleigh , NC

These people are the HEAT!! As soon as you walk in the door they scoop ya up and take care of ya. I have purchased two bikes through them. Sales Staff is top notch, service dept is incredible, the gorgeous ladies at the motorclothes area are always nice to see. Overall Customer service is (5 STAR's)

Being Stationed at Ft Bragg in Fayetteville, im sure your asking why 50 miles north instead of CAPE FEAR in Fayetteville? The answer is NO RESPECT FOR THE CUSTOMER at Cape Fear.

I will ride 50 miles to Ray Price to buy S100! I have sent numerous friends up there and they all say the same thing.

Being in the military can be hectic and these guys know how we operate and adjust anything and everything they can to get us squared away. Even if i move across the country( WHICH I WONT) i would still drive the distance to give my money to them!

GREAT JOB RAY PRICE!! Thanks for all of the support to us while we have been deployed , we will be back soon to give you some more of our MONEY!!

Old 04-17-2006, 12:38 AM
rj164
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I when to Yuma,Az from Ca in Feb, one of the people who works at Pomona Valley loan me his windowshield, boy it make a differents on long rides, there are some nice people who works at the dealers

Old 04-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Mini
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fletchers of Clearwater Florida

Fletchers of Clearwater Florida: Nice bunch of people, unfortunately... they didn't have the Motorcycle I wanted... Sales Manager is a very friendly guy and I love the fact they post the "Out the Door" prices on their bikes. A big thumbs up for Fletchers...

Old 04-20-2006, 12:59 AM
Slo~n~Eze
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 05flstsci at Southern Tier HD in Binghamton, NY. Nice, friendly people to deal with. I"ll give them 4 1/2.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Update on my good dealer experience:

McGuires HD in Walnut Creek.

1. Sun came out finally on Monday. I left work in San Francisco and found my shift linkage stuck. I was able to figure it out enough to get back home. Stopped at the dealer at about 5:30pm figuring I would need to leave it there. They took it in immediately and had 3 guys working on it. 30 minutes later and a bunch of cleaning/honing/lubing etc... I was back on the road, NO CHARGE!!!! Tipped the techs anyhow.

2. Sun still out, and trying to prevent me from riding... The zipper broke off my 5 month old FXRG jacket. Went to the dealer again. They are sending it to a local seamstress who will replace the crappy plastic zipper for a metal one at no charge. I know it's under warranty but HD warranty will replace with the same crappy zipper. So I don't have a jacket for 2 weeks. After explaining this to the MotorClothes manager and my need to buy a summer jacket anyhow, he gave me 20% off. Now that doesn't sound too special, but I couldn't even get better than 10% when I purchased my bike.

Anyhow, I can't recommend them enough for customer service. Prices are usually better online of course.

They even know my name when i go there, and always make sure to say hi.

Old 04-21-2006, 06:31 PM
gver1031
Cruiser

Ray C's Harley in Lapeer Michigan has an excellent staff and are very friendly you could take your bike to others but then you would probably not see it for a week or more the service department is excellent and wont keep you waiting to get back on your bike

Old 04-22-2006, 05:53 PM
rj164
Road Master

Just got back from Laidlaw's H D, they put on a high flow air filter, and some warranty work, talking to the young lady named Candis in motor accessories, hey I can't say how great she was, when out of the way to help, she great person

Old 04-23-2006, 01:41 AM
Segerfan
Advanced

I can't say enough good things about Bud's H-D in Evansville,In. I have purchased my last 2 RKs there and have always been treated like a king from everyone on their staff. Their service dept is top notch also and very clean. All departments from clothing to parts is excellent. They do the little things that keep me going back even though they are by no means the closest dealer to me where I live.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:03 PM
customrk05
Intermediate

Stone Mountain Harley-Davidson in Lilburn, Georgia, and their other location, Granite Mountain H-D in Conyers, GA

The people at both stores always treat you as a customer and as a friend. Always willing to answer my stupid questions, and explain how to do things. I have had a number of service related issues, and they have taken care of them no questions asked.

I wrecked my bike back in Oct 05. Afterwards when I went into the stores, (both locations), a number of the employees came up to me asking if I was OK. The service guys fixed the bike like new, and kept me updated during the 3 months it took to get all the parts from Harley. They had to make a couple of adjustments afterward, but took me right in, didn't question me about it or give me the run around, and they didn’t make me wait until they could get around to it. They just fixed it!

The other day I asked a question of someone, he didn’t know the answer, so he asked a mechanic who just happened to be there. He wasn’t sure of the exact number, but offered to go look it up for me. I didn’t need it right then so I wasn’t going to put him out on a busy Saturday, nevertheless he offered two more times to go look it up. That’s service!

A while back I had a problem with my bike, it was really running bad, jerking and trying to stall. I was afraid to ride it to the store because of safety reasons, plus I didn’t want to make the problem worst. So I called the service manager, he had someone pick the bike up at my home and they fixed it the next day! They also offered to fix the front wheel break squeal without me asking. I’ve been in the store a couple of times since, and at least 4 guys have asked me how the bike is running now. I told them great!

The guys (and gals), in parts, are also willing to help you out, give advise, answer questions, and suggest products other than H-D, if they think it is a better solution. They will spend as much time as needed to help you make the best choice for your bike. Because of that I have ordered things though them that I could order direct or from a web dealer.
The ladies in clothing department are the best. I’m a big guy, and I am hard to fit. They have helped me look for my size, offered to get things from other stores, etc. I was going to order a jacket; the sale clerk suggested another jacket because it had a better fit for me. This jacket was a little less than the one I was originally thinking about.

And let’s not forget the sales reps; even after the sale they have remained friendly and helpful. They always say hello by name when I walk in, and not just the guy who sold me the bike. If they aren’t with a customer, and have some time they will stop and chew the fat a while. I know the sales guys always seem to get a bad rep after the sale, but not these guys.

With all the lousy businesses and the **** poor customer service we seem to run into these days, I just wanted to tell people about a company I think is doing a first-rate job, both Stone Mountain and Granite Mountain H-D are doing it right.

[sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 04-24-2006, 10:33 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Mo

Mid America Harley-Davidson, Columbia Mo.
I never have been to keen on dealers but I cannot say enough good things about these people.

Sales staff....... 5 stars

Service dept.... 5 stars

Selection..........5 stars

Warranty work..5 stars

One year after the sale and I'll still stop in just to have a cup of coffee and visit. I highly recommend this dealer to anyone and everyone.
Now if my cage dealer was only as good life would be perfect.
Mid America Harley-Davidson, Columbia Mo.[/b][/size]
Excellent sales & service! Very well seasoned knowledgeable staff and they awlays seem to have a smile. I have bought 2 bikes from them and will keep going back.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences