General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Old 07-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Grady10
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I cannot say enough GREAT things about the Man O' War HD service department. My wife and I were on a trip to see the Ark Experience in Williamstown KY and about 35 miles out of Lexington "something" was not right on my 08 Ultra. No worries, we made it to the motel for the night and I found Man O' War on the dealer locator. Called my insurance and had it towed in the next morning. Met up with Christie in the service department and told her my dilemma. Just so happens, they didn't have a full staff of techs in that day. I thought, uh-oh this could be bad. But, instead of telling me it will be a while before they could look at it, they pulled a bike off the rack, got mine in, and let Josh go to work on it to diagnose the problem. My initial thoughts were confirmed, my compensator had gone out. Not just gone out, it looked like the rotor exploded. LOL They didn't have all the parts in house, so what did they do, the service manager, Josh, drove to Wildcat HD in London to get the remaining parts needed. He dropped me off at Enterprise Car Rental so we could at least enjoy our trip to the Ark. I turned the bike in at 9am and at 5pm Christie called me to tell me my bike was ready. So I say to Christie Cunningham, Josh DeWitt, and Josh Howard THANK YOU for your professionalism and caring for an "out of towner" to get him and his wife back on the road, God Bless you all. I wish all the dealerships were like this one.

5 BIG STARS

The following users liked this post:
Ohiobellboy (07-10-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 07:09 PM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Lone Wolf Harley, Spokane, WA

just a shout out about Lone Wolf Harley in Spokane, WA. I wanted a specific build done; they worked with me to make every small detail correct. I've never experienced that level of customer service before. Fantastic people, excellent dealership and service.

And i I don't live anywhere near Spokane, WA.

heard about these guys from a mechanic in a town about 3 hours drive from Spokane.

Just passing the word along, and that's to Trever, Jim, and Damien for making it happen.

stop in at Lone Wolf next time you're in Spokane.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:27 AM
Eltopia
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

We are on a 3 month trip, my wife and I. Rear wheel bearing went out in Nova Scotia, Canada. This is a 2016 Limited.
Ramsey's Cycle and Sport in Sydney Nova Scotia had the bearings and replaced under warranty. All I was charged for was brake pads. The abs light stayed on and they said they had no way of testing. Small dealer but they got me in and out. Very happy with them.
Next stop was York PA 1st Capital HD. They had a tester for abs and said rear wheel sensor was broke because of the bearings going out. The factory is within a half mile but they tried to get part and said it was back ordered, they were putting this part on new bikes. Very happy the way they tried to help me.
Stopped at a couple of other dealers who were to busy to even look for part. I thought when on the road dealers were supposed to take care of you. I have the extended warranty.
We got to Staunton, VA. and Shenandoah HD did't have the part. He checked on computer and said it would be there tomorrow and made an appointment to install. Very happy with these folks.
There are some really good dealers out there. 3 out of 5 went out of there way to be helpful.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:48 PM
CptRayT
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shout out to Gainesville Harley Davidson in Gainesville FL. Such an awesome experience. All the staff is super friendly and helpful. In spite of me accidentally trying very hard to ruin the deal, they took super care of me. Not only a great deal, but the sales person, John Dukes, went above and beyond to get me taken care of. He made the experience fun, and worth while. I will drive hours to do business with them in the future, and won't even look back. I highly recommend a trip to Gainesville Harley Davidson- Buel to do business.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Bob Z.
Road Master

Received 289 Likes on 173 Posts

Kudos to Galaxy Motorcycles in Cocoa FL. Owners Al & Cynthia only sell 1 owner low mileage bikes that meet their high standards. And besides Harleys they have Indians and other makes, at great prices to match their great customer service.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:49 AM
kpie
Intermediate
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

TIMPANOGOS HARLEY DAVIDSON. Lindon Utah (30 minutes south of Salt Lake City).

Excellent Customer service! Service Department knows their stuff.
We just purchased 2017 SGS, 2017 SG CVO, 2017 Road King Special. Great bikes!

www.timpharley.com

Very nice dealership. Highly recommended.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Kentor
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went into Outlaw Harley Davidson in Blue Springs Mo. Just to look at the bikes which I love to do. I have a 2012 Softail Slim, but I have been looking at the Street Glides for a while. Wasn't even thinking about buying anything just looking.
They are super cool there. Long story short they gave me a deal I just couldn't refuse so now I am the owner of a New 2017 Street Glide Special. I am super happy.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Dirtdiver38
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Softail

Gainesville HD...just excellent....Some of the best service I've gotten lately.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:58 AM
Raineman
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Kudos to Southern Tier HD
(sorry this may be a bit long)

On July 1st six of us on 3 bikes were headed up to Utica, NY from central MD on the first day of a week long trip. We had been getting rained on for about 1 1/2-2 hours when we reached Binghamton, NY and stopped for a break at Southern Tier HD.

As soon as we got there, there was a break in the rain, so we got out of our rain gear to go inside and browse. The owner (we did not know at the time he was the owner) came out and started talking to us, it looked like he was leaving for the day. He asked about where we were headed and the normal chit chat. He said there was a serious storm headed for Utica and along our route and we should wait for it to pass, maybe about an hour or so.

We thanked him and went inside. We had been inside for about 10 minutes when it looked like the skies were going to open up again. The service department has a little covered area just outside their garage door, and I asked if we could put our bikes there while it rained. "Sure, no problem, pull 'em on up under there".

While inside waiting out the rain, and the bikes all comfy under the awning, the owner (still didn't know he was the owner at that point) asked us to come into his office and look at the weather radar on his computer. It looked BAD. He suggested we stay in Binghamton for the night, and after a few moments of discussion between us all, agreed that that was the best move.

His staff immediately went into "help mode" and made several calls to local hotels to find us rooms and gave us several options, including several suggestions for places for dinner. We got a hotel right down the street, did the dinner thing, and when we got back to the hotel and covered the bikes, it became monsoon season. It dumped sideways, both ways, for hours. It was ugly.

The next morning, with good weather, we headed out to go through Utica and continue our trip. While going through Utica I was not sure if I was looking at lakes, or flooded areas. On the other side of Utica we stopped at a convenience store and came across a local who overheard us talking about our good decision we had made. With a surprised look on his face he asked, "You guys were coming up here last night?!?". He then proceeded to show us a video on his phone of the night before, right about the time we would have been going through, with cars and trucks FLOATING IN THE HIGHWAY!! from flash floods.

That very well could have been us if we had not heeded the advice of the owner and staff of Southern Tier HD. They went out of their way to help us, and in my personal opinion, they very well may have saved our lives.

Thank you Southern Tier HD.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Street Chuck
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bert's Black Widow Harley in Pt. Charlotte, Fl.

Not only are they the friendliest people, they also will deal on about anything. The kicker for me is....On Sat. and Sun. FREE BAND.....FREE FOOD....FREE BEER. And that is every weekend. Not just promo's. So needless to say, I have my a** there every Sun. Sometimes Sat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences