General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 03:40 PM
BarleyW83
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with the ***** rating for Clinton, IA. Don, the service manager, was friendly as all get out when I was having some issues with my ignition. Treated me like he knew me for years. Definitely will be taking my cycle back to them!

Last edited by BarleyW83; 08-01-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Polarispete
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default STAN'S Harley Davidson

I just bought a new Freewheeler from Stan's HD in Batavia NY. Was the BEST Dealer we visited before purchasing the bike. Very friendly people. Family run for a long long time. Very knowledgeable and great Sales persons. Large inventory of clothes, bikes and parts.Highly recommend them if youre in the area.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:15 PM
teal379
Tourer
Received 171 Likes on 92 Posts

Appleton HD in Appleton WI.

Went in there to buy a pair of pants. Ended up with a 2018 Road King.

1. They seem to have a good selection across the models. Only one other dealer in my area seemed to have any Road Kings. They're a dealer I'd not buy from.
2. They gave me a very fair price for my Fat Bob trade in, particularly considering they have 3 used ones on the floor already and a new 17 still. I've worked for auto dealerships in the past, I understand inventory concerns and yet they still were fair.
3. They gave me a great price on the Road King.
4. We did the deal on a Saturday. I picked up the bike on Monday and it was ready to go. Entire buying process went smoothly, quickly and professionally.
5. The dealership has a goal of 100% of the employees being endorsed. Everyone from the owner down to the clothes sales ladies. They RIDE and when you go there, the parking lot is full of bikes, not cars. Can't say that for all the dealers in my area. They like bikes, they ride bikes, they want your purchase to be right. It's not just a commodity to sell to make money.
6. 2 days after I picked up the bike, my sales lady, yes lady, called to make sure I was happy with the bike and how it was going. I've only been able to put 550 miles on it in the last 7 days but it's been awesome. The Road King is everything I've ever wanted.

Appleton HD made it happen. Can't recommend them enough.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:21 AM
1LargeDog
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 120 Posts

First Harley and first time dealing with a HD dealer for repairs. I usually do my own work but since this was part of the ABS recall I took it to Ademac HD at Regency. I was a little nervous especially after reading some of the bad dealer threads but I was pleasantly surprised by the shop and the dealership overall. Bill, the shop manager was very knowledgeable. I was impressed with the shop overall. Parts and accessories counter people were just as good. While I’m not going to go all mushy with my experience I’ll just say that I was initially impressed and would not hesitate to try them again.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by 1LargeDog

First Harley and first time dealing with a HD dealer for repairs. I usually do my own work but since this was part of the ABS recall I took it to Ademac HD at Regency. I was a little nervous especially after reading some of the bad dealer threads but I was pleasantly surprised by the shop and the dealership overall. Bill, the shop manager was very knowledgeable. I was impressed with the shop overall. Parts and accessories counter people were just as good. While I’m not going to go all mushy with my experience I’ll just say that I was initially impressed and would not hesitate to try them again.
My limited experience with all the Adamec dealerships is that they seem to be very knowledgeable and customer friendly.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:30 PM
IGotYourFatBob
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Five Stars

Man O’ War Harley Davidson Lexington, Kentucky. One of the largest dealerships I’ve seen and they have a great staff. I was a bit worried that I had voided my warranty when I installed short shot exhaust, air cleaner, and V&H FP3 auto tuner. Service manager said “ We don’t play that **** here, it’s your bike. As long as you don’t try to rebuild your engine I’ll never void your warranty.”

Old 08-13-2018, 07:54 PM
Old Iron Man
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Can say enough good things about Manchester Harley Davidson in Manchester, NH. First went there in March 2017, knowing nothing about Harley except they looked and sounded cool, and the 883 Iron was badass looking and affordable. That was “probably” what I wanted, but maybe a Street or a different sporty for a first bike in 30 years? There was still snow on the ground, so I had all day to get educated. A very patient and knowledgeable salesman named “Turtle” spent hours educating me on every possible choice, and all the things that I may end up doing to it and what that would cost. I took that info and shopped at several other high pressure dealerships, and none of them could touch the deal that Turtle gave me the FIRST time, and they all were obnoxious bait and switch high pressure typical dealers. No way. I ended up doing a complete 1200 stage 1, and a bunch of other stuff up front, and getting a great deal on a great bike. ‘17 Iron from Turtle.

I had a lot of fun with it for a year, but couldn’t resist the lure of the Street Glide. I shopped that sucker hard. Really hard. Pounding on five different dealers over a six month span trying to get the best trade, the best price, the best deal on installed upgrades, and best rate. I pulled out of several deals at the last min and walked away. I was very determined no to get f-ed, or a I would just stay with my paid for Iron that I really liked anyway. (Wish I could have afforded both). In the end Turtle and Manchester HD came through again. $2k more for my trade than anyone, (including their previous offer), $3,500 off the sticker, all parts being installed at 15% off. Plus 15% off permanently on any parts, accessories, or clothing in the store, 3.99% from Eaglemark, and a great rider rewards program that I’ll be cashing in for $750 off my rear amp and speakers install this winter. They installed all my stuff, which was mostly aftermarket, perfectly, and gave me back the OEM parts well packaged so I could sell on Craigslist. Turtle and their parts and service folks are always courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. I 100% recommend them if you are in MA, ME, or NH.

The following 2 users liked this post by Old Iron Man:
CanuckEH (08-14-2018), upStomp (08-22-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 08:43 AM
Alison Gee-Brown
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HD Cote Nord, Baie Comeau, Quebec,Canada

Excellent service. Fixed wheel bearing on one bike and starter on other..Got us back on the road on our 10 day trip to Gaspe.👍

Old 08-28-2018, 02:17 PM
ictghost
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Shout-out for Doerflers' Harley Davidson, in Hays KS. Several of us were heading home from a week long trip around Colorado. We'd just got on I-70 heading east into Kansas, when one of our riders had a "check engine" and "temp" light activate (trouble codes indicated the same on his 2015 Ultra Limited). Closest dealer was Doerflers, but it was Friday afternoon, at 5pm and we were still 90 miles away. They stayed opened for us and one of their mechanic's stayed late; we'd talked to him on the phone and he told us it was probably a water-pump...he was right. We were back on the road and made our night-stop location later that evening. Not one complaint from them, they were happy to help. They also had some better than good pricing on their clearance clothing and items! THANKS Doerflers!!!

Last edited by ictghost; 08-28-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:49 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by ictghost
Shout-out for Doerflers' Harley Davidson, in Hays KS. Several of us were heading home from a week long trip around Colorado. We'd just got on I-70 heading east into Kansas, when one of our riders had a "check engine" and "temp" light activate (trouble codes indicated the same on his 2015 Ultra Limited). Closest dealer was Doerflers, but it was Friday afternoon, at 5pm and we were still 90 miles away. They stayed opened for us and one of their mechanic's stayed late; we'd talked to him on the phone and he told us it was probably a water-pump...he was right. We were back on the road and made our night-stop location later that evening. Not one complaint from them, they were happy to help. They also had some better than good pricing on their clearance clothing and items! THANKS Doerflers!!!
Not sure how big Hays, KS is but had 3 friends from around here going thru there on the way to a west coast swing before heading back to Sturgis. One was on a 100th anniversary Electra Glide that had some sort of electrical issue. They gave him the same sort of great service also. Sounds like it could be something they do on a regular basis (great service). Unfortunately, one of the other 2 guys got killed around Kansas City on the way home after Sturgis.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences