General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Old 04-07-2019, 03:30 PM
Shacky73
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Biketown Youngstown OH

I just purchased a Heritage Softtail from private seller in Youngstown area. He had a lien on bike with Harley finance so we were looking for best way to manage my purchase. Called Larry at Biketown and he could not have been more helpful! He said as long as I finance a portion of the sale price with Harley he would provide seller and me with Buyers Assist (Larry said not all dealers do this service).

Seller and I went to Biketown and in about an hour we completed the transaction and I was on my way with temp tags!

Bought some Biketown apparel for the wife and I. We live in Rochester NY so this was especially valuable to a long distance transaction. And it was a great introduction to value Harley delivers to this first time Harley owner.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:57 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Shacky73
I just purchased a Heritage Softtail from private seller in Youngstown area. He had a lien on bike with Harley finance so we were looking for best way to manage my purchase. Called Larry at Biketown and he could not have been more helpful! He said as long as I finance a portion of the sale price with Harley he would provide seller and me with Buyers Assist (Larry said not all dealers do this service).

Seller and I went to Biketown and in about an hour we completed the transaction and I was on my way with temp tags!

Bought some Biketown apparel for the wife and I. We live in Rochester NY so this was especially valuable to a long distance transaction. And it was a great introduction to value Harley delivers to this first time Harley owner.
Quite a few dealers actually will do the Buyer Assist program. The people up there at BT have always been great to us even when we're just passing through or meeting others there.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:53 AM
fxdup
Road Warrior
Received 950 Likes on 605 Posts

Good experience at Pensacola HD yesterday. They reprogrammed my security codes no charge and threw in a free beer!

20% off on jackets yesterday too.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:13 PM
Tired
Elite HDF Member
Received 4,423 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Surdyke for the win on parts again. They beat the local dealer by over $60 on a new voltage regulator. And with free shipping.

I hope they are around forever.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:46 PM
hitthecoast
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a shop but Chad at Back Alley Cycle in Temecula, CA is the only person I'll let work on my bike. Never had an issue, solid group of guys there.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:25 AM
ole_phart
Road Master

Received 578 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Tired
Surdyke for the win on parts again. They beat the local dealer by over $60 on a new voltage regulator. And with free shipping.

I hope they are around forever.

Another vote for Surdyke, been purchasing from them off and on for years. They beat HD's price by $90 for FXLR forward controls.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:33 AM
Friedl
Cruiser
Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts
Default A.D. Farrow Sunbury, OH location

A.D. Farrow got me in for my 1000 mile maintenance before a scheduled trip when the dealer I bought it from couldn't. I was 20 minutes late due to rain traffic, no problem, they fit me in anyway while I waited. A very experienced mechanic who looked like he'd been working on Harleys longer than I've been driving performed the maintenace, adjusted my front axle for proper spacing, and corrected a number of small mistakes I had made adding aftermarket parts. They were great, I and recommend them to Columbus Harley riders.

Old 04-27-2019, 06:56 PM
nt3t1955
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steel City Harley Pittsburgh, Pa. Great Dealership

Old 04-28-2019, 07:56 AM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Friedl
A.D. Farrow got me in for my 1000 mile maintenance before a scheduled trip when the dealer I bought it from couldn't. I was 20 minutes late due to rain traffic, no problem, they fit me in anyway while I waited. A very experienced mechanic who looked like he'd been working on Harleys longer than I've been driving performed the maintenace, adjusted my front axle for proper spacing, and corrected a number of small mistakes I had made adding aftermarket parts. They were great, I and recommend them to Columbus Harley riders.
Good to know. They were sold to the Ricart auto dealers group not long ago. I hope they can maintain their integrity.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:28 PM
Millwright 114
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eldridges Harley-Davidson , Saint John N.B. Canada , bought a new 2008 Fatboy from them 11 years ago , bought a new 2018 Fatboy there last year as well . was a little unhappy regarding a few details with this last sale , but the owner stepped up after I voiced my concerns and made everything right . I will buy my next bike there when the time comes . top notch service dept . The parts dept doesn't seem to carry enough parts and accessories on hand except normal maintenance parts , but they are knowledgable enough and seem to get anything I want within a day or two in most cases .

Last edited by Millwright 114; 04-28-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences