General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:27 AM
deanz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

House of Thunder Morgan Hill CA. A1 Dealership.
From the first time I walked in and met Denise she made me feel at ease and at home without any pressure, showing me around the dealership as well as the shop (to show me a new model not yet on the floor), there, the manager Steve went out of his way to bring the bike out in the middle of the shop floor and answered all my questions about service and maintenance that they perform on all bikes. When I asked if a particular part was available for this model, I was introduced to Andrew in Parts, who quickly answered the question. I was so impressed with the "personnel" I told Denise "I'll take one!" My color choice and style was due to be shipped in 4 days and Denise told me that she would keep me up to date as to when it would arrive.
A week later I called to add a option and found out Denise had fractured her arm and was stuck at home.
Enter Raymond, He explained that he would help me with my request, and that required changing quotes (twice because I found more things for the bike!) I found him to be very professional and prompt. He let me know when the bike had arrived and when I could pick it up, although he may be out of town that day and apologized in advance.
Enter Sean. The day I picked up my bike, Raymond was in L.A. so Sean did all the paper work, introducing me to my bike showing me programing, safety and operation in a very professional manner, while making me feel at home. And now time to test it.
Enter the Apparel Department. I needed a helmet to test my new bike, and they were just as professional as everyone else. After test driving my new bike and saying my goodbyes, getting ready to leave, Raymond pulled into the parking lot from a cold 6 hour ride from L.A. pulled his gloves off, stuck out his hand and said "Welcome to the family!" This is a Dealership where you will feel at home. I hope Denise heels up fast.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:53 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the bike! It looks good-n-clean!

Old 12-17-2007, 07:54 PM
2057ken
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim Bailey's in Ft Wayne IN gets an A+ x10 from me (so far). Went to pick up my 08 Peace Officer Add Ultra. I was there almost 3 hrs getting the full tour of the shop and meeting the entire staff, the owner, his wife, and thier dog Gordy. While inspecting the new bike at the shop I found a small rub and scratch on the fairing. Shop guy already had one ordered along with new fuel cover that had a scratch on the top of it. Oh they gave me a great price to!. Keepup the good serviceJim Bailey.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mancuso HD in Houston..... they treated me right when I bought my '08 Fat Boy in September.... late Saturday afternoon,a buddy and I popped in to pick up some parts I had ordered. he found his bike!a brand new, left-over'07 SoftTail Standard- 5 minutes before closing, and they really did right by him. a couple of thousand off MSRP, threw in a windshield and a dealer giftcard. I now have dealings with the sales staff, the Tech guys and the parts guys..... everytime they've actedlike I'm the only customer in the store.

KUDOS to Julie, Steve, Kim, Jeb, Scott.... and the rest of the staff!

Old 12-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Do Sez Wild
2nd Gear

New River HD in Jacksonville, NC *****

They set the standard for all other dealerships as far as I'm concerned.

Monterey County HD in Salinas, CA ***

New owners and new name. This place was known as Warren's HD and I would not have given you .02 for them. New owners have turned things around 180.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:01 PM
oomph
Stage III

TITAN, in Hobart, Tasmania.
Awesome!
Service, quality work, fair prices. Can't beat that!

Just had my first bit of work done by them, and they were spot on. Flogged the HD dealership here.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"2 orange harleys"

Saw them on EBay; ordered a Sportster chrome engine cover set for Stripperella for Christmas. It came missing a couple of parts. I phoned them up, and asked what they wanted me to do. They said "we'll ship the new ones out to you". And they indeed did. Also, I had told them it was a Christmas present, so they couriered the missing parts to me. No questions asked.

Kudos to them.

Cannon

Old 12-24-2007, 10:17 AM
mikeo4x4
6th Gear

Lake Erie Harley in Avon Ohio.was pretty good to me . Just bought a 2000 E-Glde Classic from there,traded in my honda and they didnt even want to see it before the deal. One of the mirrors was loose ,so the put on a set of "take offs " from anew bike (wich i like better any ways) gave me some tie downs ,a t-shirt for me my wife and my daughter. I had been in and out of this dealer 4 or 5 times in the last year or so to work deals on bikes that never worked out and every time they always had time for questions and other stupid stuff from me. The whole staff are vey atentive and patient would recomend them to everyone

Old 12-25-2007, 12:15 PM
mountain ride
Cruiser

Where I live (remote northern CA) there are two dealerships within 1.5 hrs...Mikes in Cotati CA and HD of Ukiah in Ukiah CA

ORIGINAL: HDF Tech

Tell us the good dealers out there that give good overall customer service...

Include their location too...

Maybe even rate them on a 5 star rating with 5 stars (*****) being the best it can get.

Steeler dealer website.. HERE

Old 01-01-2008, 03:04 AM
rick302
Intermediate

MCDERMOTT'S HARLEY DAVIDSON
ROUTE 4
FORT ANN, NY

If you go to Americade in Lake George, NY then its worth your time to cruise over to visit Tommy in Ft. Ann.
The staff is great, Techs. know their stuff, & the whole operation is *****++.

I've dealt with Tommy since '68, when he used to make all us newbies fix our own bikes. Mine was a '68 BSA 441 Victor. Today its a
'02 FLHTCI.

[IMG]local://upfiles/49865/C49719AAF42A484882F9AD81AC6BC085.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/49865/ACF29CD62FD741D8B86758999A19C689.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences