General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:56 AM
HarleyRock
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got an OK deal considering most stealerships were still charging over MSRP for the bikes.
It is sad when someone from the harley family talks bad about its brothers. You are a cop right...probably a damn good one too. But there are bad cops out their also. Do you bad mouth them? Or maybe you are one of them.

In 2010 (late March), I went into Heart of Dixie again to buy a new Ultra. They wanted full MSRP plus freight/prep, tax, title, tag and doc fee. AS THEY SHOULD.All these other dealerships that are giving huge discounts on bikes are de-valuing your bike.They also wanted full MSRP and full labor rates on the accessories.I know this to be NOT TRUE. They always give 10% off parts and accessories on a new bike purchase.

I was told that the 2010 Ultra only had one alarm fob...so added to the accessory list was an extra fob and programing fee. Again this is just pure BS. I know these guys and everybody that knows anything about Harley-Davidson motorcycles knows that a NEW Harley with an alarm system comes with two fobs and two keys. Hell man they are hanging on the freakin bike most of the time.

Let me just say that since 2006 this has been the best dealership I have ever been too. I have been to 75-80 dealerships in the past two years.I hang out there all the time and I eat their free popcorn and I drink their free coffee and I watch how they take care of their customers. I don't spend a lot of money with them and they dont care, they still treat me like a VIP. They are one big happy family and they make me feel like a part of it. I bought my bike from them and they do all the service work for me. I don't go in and try to DICKER with them. They are a buisness and a damn good one. And I respect that. Do you go into Walmart or Hooters and dicker with them....no you pay a fair price for a quality product.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyRock
Do you go into Walmart or Hooters and dicker with them....no you pay a fair price for a quality product. [/COLOR]
Wait a minute. When did WalMart start selling a quality product for a fair price?

Old 04-04-2010, 06:27 PM
DanD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HarleyRock
Let me just say that since 2006 this has been the best dealership I have ever been too. I have been to 75-80 dealerships in the past two years.I hang out there all the time and I eat their free popcorn and I drink their free coffee and I watch how they take care of their customers. I don't spend a lot of money with them and they dont care, they still treat me like a VIP. They are one big happy family and they make me feel like a part of it. I bought my bike from them and they do all the service work for me. I don't go in and try to DICKER with them. They are a buisness and a damn good one. And I respect that. Do you go into Walmart or Hooters and dicker with them....no you pay a fair price for a quality product.

hmm,been a member for almost a year,made 2 posts,both defending this same stealership.....free popcorn? free coffee? yeah,that's what i like to do,go 30 miles to the nearest stealer for the free popcorn and coffee
Obviously you're the dealer or someone associated pretty closely,so, if popcorn and coffee is that big a deal to ya,stop offering it then,won't affect whether anyone shows up or not,c'mon.just shows how tight ya are,or else you wouldn't mention it.

beyond that,every business has a right to be in business and do whatever they want to turn a profit,customers have a choice whether or not to patronize that business.
Nothing wrong with defending your own business,but at least be honest about it,and who you really are.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:25 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default bad dealer

My bike is now running at peak performance I stopped going to Harley dealers whose service departments are always pushed to pump out bikes save man hours going by book hours and doing the job in less time than allowed. I found a shop up here in Connecticut were the people know what they re doing and do it right. I had my bike serviced at my local Harley dealer at 1000 5000 and 10,000 and then at the shop I found which is TNT motorsports Berlin CT. when I got the bike back it was running better than ever, I also noticed a difference in the way it shifted, the way it handled. It seemed like my dealer had never done any of the maintaince that supposed to come with these so called schulded maintance. Before this Harley dealer was doing almost all my work. Here are some of the things I found out my cables looked like they were never lubed dry as a bone this should not be after three times in for maintance. My front wheels and back wheel were out of line. I have a performance engine big bore and all the trimmings built by Harley and set up by them. My injectors were not opening all the way hampering my performance and a few other things that make a difference. Dealers charge the highest for service go by the book hours and charge you what the book calls for even if they do it in half the time. Point being that you can go any where in the world for what they charge. Even when they have a great tech they are always being pushed to produce. All I can say is that I left then about two years ago and I could not be happier.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:43 AM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

In 2010 (late March), I went into Heart of Dixie again to buy a new Ultra. They wanted full MSRP plus freight/prep, tax, title, tag and doc fee. AS THEY SHOULD.All these other dealerships that are giving huge discounts on bikes are de-valuing your bike.They also wanted full MSRP and full labor rates on the accessories.
Are you kidding? I should thank them for charging more for the exact same item? then try to rip off the customer who just dropped a major chunk of cash by adding an additional charge for a key fob that comes as standard. Yes, that is the dealer I want to patronize.

Devalue your bike? That's rich. Try Economics 101. Simple supply and demand. Huge supply and little demand. You are still living in the 90's when a dealer could rip off the customer buy charging way over MSRP and treat him like sh*t and expect them to smile back. Those days are gone and it isn't the fact that you and others aren't willing to accept the shabby treatment but it's due to the fact disposable income is being held back.

Lastly, the popcorn and coffee better be free because you are paying for it in the long run but accepting their high pricing. I stay will paying a dollar or two for the coffee and getting a better deal when I buy a bike.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:41 AM
HarleyRock
Stage IV

Originally Posted by DanD
hmm,been a member for almost a year,made 2 posts,both defending this same stealership.....free popcorn? free coffee? yeah,that's what i like to do,go 30 miles to the nearest stealer for the free popcorn and coffee

Why not if it's something you enjoy. Actually I RIDE 38 miles to the dealership and get a cup of coffee hang out for a bit and RIDE some more!

Obviously you're the dealer or someone associated pretty closely,so, if popcorn and coffee is that big a deal to ya,stop offering it then,won't affect whether anyone shows up or not,c'mon.just shows how tight ya are,or else you wouldn't mention it.

Obviously your dealership doesn't treat you like mine does

Tight ... nope, just loyal to the dealership.
If I have to explain...you wouldn't understand!

beyond that,every business has a right to be in business and do whatever they want to turn a profit,customers have a choice whether or not to patronize that business.
Nothing wrong with defending your own business,but at least be honest about it,and who you really are.
Not defending MY business. I don't own or work there. Just like the people there!!!

Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 AM
HarleyRock
Stage IV

Originally Posted by rscalzo

Are you kidding? I should thank them for charging more for the exact same item? then try to rip off the customer who just dropped a major chunk of cash by adding an additional charge for a key fob that comes as standard. Yes, that is the dealer I want to patronize.

Devalue your bike? That's rich. Try Economics 101. Simple supply and demand. Huge supply and little demand. You are still living in the 90's when a dealer could rip off the customer buy charging way over MSRP and treat him like sh*t and expect them to smile back.
You obviously are going to the wrong Dealer.
Those days are gone and it isn't the fact that you and others aren't willing to accept the shabby treatment but it's due to the fact disposable income is being held back.

Lastly, the popcorn and coffee better be free because you are paying for it in the long run but accepting their high pricing. I stay will paying a dollar or two for the coffee and getting a better deal when I buy a bike.

I love you guys. I bet you are a democrat and a union member! Next thing ya know they will owe you a motorcycle because your not making enough money to buy one.
God Bless America....we need it

Old 04-05-2010, 11:11 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default bad dealer

Talk about ripoffs my dealer wanted $900.00 to install a air ride system. I had talked to jessy the owner of legends air ride a while back and he said an install should not take more than about two and a half hours. ok so lets say we give them four hours that's about 300 dollars worth of labor. $900.00 is a total ripoff that to me is a bad dealer no if ands or buts

Old 04-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nikonf8
Talk about ripoffs my dealer wanted $900.00 to install a air ride system. I had talked to jessy the owner of legends air ride a while back and he said an install should not take more than about two and a half hours. ok so lets say we give them four hours that's about 300 dollars worth of labor. $900.00 is a total ripoff that to me is a bad dealer no if ands or buts
A name of the dealer would help others avoid them.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 AM
J-Train
Cruiser

I went to my local stealer and ordered a part for my ride about two to three weeks ago. Called them today and they said the order was just placed, how long does it take for the effing dealers to order a part and get it shipped in a timely manner. I spoke with them about my order, and it seemed like I was bothering them with there busy day. We will give it a few more days before I put the dealers name up.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences