General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 03:09 AM
RDKINGDIVA
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BAD Dealers and Experiences

MidAmerica HD in Columbia Missouri, Owner is a cry baby. They can't keep help and the mechanic has less than 4 years experience. All I can say is keep your fingers crossed, it's all about what have you spent there lately? Once your out the door, you bought what? when?

Old 04-23-2006, 12:54 AM
RDKINGDIVA
2nd Gear

mid america harley davidson columbia mo owner: Steve Tuschmidt the worst in the midwest!

Old 04-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

As far as me.... I went to Maroney's because they had the exact bike and color I wanted in Stock, still in a crate - no waiting. Went on 12/31 @ about 12:30 noon - New Years Eve Day...

I live further North in Westchester from Reggie Pinks and the ride is not too much different to Newburgh... I'm up by Bear Mountain and RT 9w is right there for me.

Mike
NY

Old 05-05-2006, 12:40 PM
joseph
2nd Gear

East Coast in Dumfries ,Va. I'm sorry to say but their service is sorry. I had my rear wheel pulley installed and it came loose also the back wheel was cocked I don't even know how they managed that. Bike also had engine mods stage2(fuel inj) and apparently at that time they never heard of a power commander. I will say a dude named Arley in the parts department is very knowledgeable and will go out of is way to help you!!! PARTS YES SERVICE NO just my opinion

Old 05-05-2006, 02:43 PM
FSRHD
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my new '05 Ultra from Starved Rock Harley in Ottawa, IL in 2/05 - had them do upgrades on bike. I put several thousand $$$ down and was told my bike would be ready in 2 weeks. 9 weeks later and several phone calls and visits to the dealership, it was done! Went to get bike and the owner noticed me walking in, he quickly turned his head and went the other direction. I didn't receive a thank you, handshake, kiss my a** - nothing from him.

I have been lied to and told so many different stories from them, I don't trust anything they say or do.

My bike has 8,000 miles on it and is less than a year old. My bike has been back to the shop 4 different times for a ticking noise. The "trained" mechanics working there can't seem to hear the noise. The last time, the service manager put my bike on the dyno machine and still couldn't figure anything out!???! Not too sure this was such a good decision on his part, but hey he is the "certified" mechanic, not me. He then called Milwaukee for advice. They told him to check the lifters and call them back with results. I called Milwaukee to report the bad service I have received from the dealer and they mentioned the phone call from service manager. Milwaukee sd they still have not heard from the service dept. about results. I sd that's because the owner of dearlership will not let them tear the bike down. Service manager told me that when I phoned him the day before.

I was advised to pick bike up from there and take it to a new dealer.

When I went to get my bike, I rode it and it is now coughing, choking, backfiring, and still ticking louder than ever!!!! I noticed they broke off 3 chrome pieces and mentioned that to the service manager and another employee there. Neither one cared. They both were deaf to the coversation!!!!

Each time I've tried to talk to the owner, but he is never around or so I'm told. He is always on vacation. I guess when you steal $$$$ from customers, you can afford to be gone all the time.
I talked to his son-in-law when I was picking up bike (for the VERY last time from there) and was wanting some kind of explanation for the terrible treatment and service I received after spending $35k there. He was beating around the bush and **ssing me off. His wife told us to leave the property or she would call the cops. What a way to treat your customers!!!!!!!!!

This dealership is definitely a STEALERSHIP!!!!!

I have contacted my attorney and we will be seeing them in court.

Thanks to Starved Rock H-D, I now have $35,000 paperweight.

The following users liked this post:
DDNHD (05-17-2020)
Old 05-05-2006, 02:58 PM
rogue_rob
Tourer

ORIGINAL: FSRHD

Bought my new '05 Ultra from Starved Rock Harley in Ottawa, IL in 2/05 - had them do upgrades on bike. I put several thousand $$$ down and was told my bike would be ready in 2 weeks. 9 weeks later and several phone calls and visits to the dealership, it was done! Went to get bike and the owner noticed me walking in, he quickly turned his head and went the other direction. I didn't receive a thank you, handshake, kiss my a** - nothing from him.

I have been lied to and told so many different stories from them, I don't trust anything they say or do.

My bike has 8,000 miles on it and is less than a year old. My bike has been back to the shop 4 different times for a ticking noise. The "trained" mechanics working there can't seem to hear the noise. The last time, the service manager put my bike on the dyno machine and still couldn't figure anything out!???! Not too sure this was such a good decision on his part, but hey he is the "certified" mechanic, not me. He then called Milwaukee for advice. They told him to check the lifters and call them back with results. I called Milwaukee to report the bad service I have received from the dealer and they mentioned the phone call from service manager. Milwaukee sd they still have not heard from the service dept. about results. I sd that's because the owner of dearlership will not let them tear the bike down. Service manager told me that when I phoned him the day before.

I was advised to pick bike up from there and take it to a new dealer.

When I went to get my bike, I rode it and it is now coughing, choking, backfiring, and still ticking louder than ever!!!! I noticed they broke off 3 chrome pieces and mentioned that to the service manager and another employee there. Neither one cared. They both were deaf to the coversation!!!!

Each time I've tried to talk to the owner, but he is never around or so I'm told. He is always on vacation. I guess when you steal $$$$ from customers, you can afford to be gone all the time.
I talked to his son-in-law when I was picking up bike (for the VERY last time from there) and was wanting some kind of explanation for the terrible treatment and service I received after spending $35k there. He was beating around the bush and **ssing me off. His wife told us to leave the property or she would call the cops. What a way to treat your customers!!!!!!!!!

This dealership is definitely a STEALERSHIP!!!!!

I have contacted my attorney and we will be seeing them in court.

Thanks to Starved Rock H-D, I now have $35,000 paperweight.
WOW, that sucks!!! I hope you have everything documented, because they will probably "lose" all your records before any court dates.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:23 PM
FSRHD
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have copies of everything!!!!! All phone calls and visits to "stealer" have been noted as well. I have several other people who are willing to testify about their experiences with this "stealership" as well.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:41 PM
JCBTT
Stage I

Lucky for you that you've kept all your documentation. I also dealt w/HD dealer .... bad news. There are many unsatisfied customers, but unfortunately, it's always too late when you discover that you're unsatisfied. Maybe this forum will get the word out. Maybe HD should take a look at the dealers who are supposed to be "representing" their product. You know, when you buy a vehicle from a dealer and get sh**y service, you go directly to the manufacturer....and they usually step in and take care of it. Maybe you should, and everyone else, send thousands of complaints to HD directly. I will certainly join your bandwagon and continue to spread the word that the last place to buy anything is SRHD. Been there, done that. Won't ever do it again.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:47 PM
banjopickin101
Road Warrior
Received 543 Likes on 219 Posts

GENE LUMMUS HARLEY DAVIDSON Swannanoa NC.
Nice new building, but I would not recommend buying a Bike there. Awful experience with service dept.
Will not step back in the place.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:26 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: joseph

East Coast in Dumfries ,Va. I'm sorry to say but their service is sorry. I had my rear wheel pulley installed and it came loose also the back wheel was cocked I don't even know how they managed that. Bike also had engine mods stage2(fuel inj) and apparently at that time they never heard of a power commander. I will say a dude named Arley in the parts department is very knowledgeable and will go out of is way to help you!!! PARTS YES SERVICE NO just my opinion
Same experience multiple times.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences