General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 08:38 AM
bob1955
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ordered from Rideshack lately? I ordered some pipes over two weeks ago and still have not received them. No one answers the phone and the voice mailbox is full. The web site is down for 2-3 days for maintenance. (That was a week ago). I wonder if they are still in business. I guess I should have paid a few extra bucks and ordered from a trusted vendor. Lesson learned!!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:00 PM
lambchopp
Cruiser

i thought when someone advertises something like a big event they expect it to be busy& folks generally show up on that day advertised,not expecting to b told to come back later...trying to saving face later doesn't help much. as for my honda,a well known celeb at YOUR harley event complimented my ride over all the ones you had for sale,giving my ego a real boost&a reason to stay on mine. nothing personal HDguys, I think Hd has beautiful bikes;i just dont have one for a list o reasons.
(bigpappa) u can let your dogs run with mine anytime& if your ever down this way*meridian-phil,ms* give us a shout..should u need any assitance while ur here, ill b there with friends.

Last edited by lambchopp; 07-28-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Grimolfr
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by HDF Tech
Lets list the dealers that have given poor customer service
All of them.

Guaranteed, every single dealer, Harley or otherwise, has at least one person out there who thinks they got screwed, even if they didn't.

They're also all guaranteed to have had at least one employee who made a huge mistake, or got something wrong, or was just having a bad day and you got on their last nerve. They're human too, ya know.

I'm not saying they're all saints. But they are in business to make money, not give away free stuff.

My dealer is in this thread twice. One of the posts specifically deals with the parts counter. The same parts counter where one of the guys told me a few weeks ago that I should just go to Sears and buy what I was looking for, because at Sears it was 25% of the HD price.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:15 PM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by lambchopp
i thought when someone advertises something like a big event they expect it to be busy& folks generally show up on that day advertised,not expecting to b told to come back later...trying to saving face later doesn't help much. as for my honda,a well known celeb at YOUR harley event complimented my ride over all the ones you had for sale,giving my ego a real boost&a reason to stay on mine. nothing personal HDguys, I think Hd has beautiful bikes;i just dont have one for a list o reasons.
(bigpappa) u can let your dogs run with mine anytime& if your ever down this way*meridian-phil,ms* give us a shout..should u need any assitance while ur here, ill b there with friends.

Lambchopp...You are absolutely right...There is no excuse for any business to make a customer have to wait no matter how busy they are...In this me first world we all need to change the way we do business...Well maybe one day...I won't have to wait in line at the restaurant...or at Walmart or any where else to spend my money...I really didn't come on here to save face...I came on here to take up for the people I work with...Every one of them works their tails off trying to treat customers right and to make a living while we are at it...And I didn't think the dealership deserved to be listed in the bad dealers and experiences part of the forum...But I do apologize if you think you were treated wrong...I must have really been busy as I didn't even know we had a well known celeb there...I am curious though if you have a list of reasons you don't own a Harley...Why would you waste your time at the Harley shop? No hard feelings but I have to wonder since you ride a Honda(I don't have a problem with Honda riders) why would you come to this forum to discredit a Harley dealer?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:58 AM
lambchopp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by geezer glide 56
Lambchopp...You are absolutely right...There is no excuse for any business to make a customer have to wait no matter how busy they are...In this me first world we all need to change the way we do business...Well maybe one day...I won't have to wait in line at the restaurant...or at Walmart or any where else to spend my money...I really didn't come on here to save face...I came on here to take up for the people I work with...Every one of them works their tails off trying to treat customers right and to make a living while we are at it...And I didn't think the dealership deserved to be listed in the bad dealers and experiences part of the forum...But I do apologize if you think you were treated wrong...I must have really been busy as I didn't even know we had a well known celeb there...I am curious though if you have a list of reasons you don't own a Harley...Why would you waste your time at the Harley shop? No hard feelings but I have to wonder since you ride a Honda(I don't have a problem with Honda riders) why would you come to this forum to discredit a Harley dealer?

1)for a list of sutible answers as to my reason i dont own a harley at this point,read TheTotalMoneyMakeover......i like harleys and get along with all HD riders.
2)i go to the short lines at walmart and eat fast food
3)i recently got to test out a HD 883,WHICH was ausome! (btw,thanks to that HD owner who ill keep confidential)
4)if u think about it for 33.9 sec, u may remember the celeb was...(different person than person in #3,above)
5) my next ride is an antique v65 honda magna1100 v4
**no hard fellings,ride safe***

lambchopp

Last edited by lambchopp; 08-02-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,361 Likes on 2,616 Posts
Default Would this make you angry?

They generally are good people, and I think this is a criticism of all types of dealers (cars, bikes, etc), but this made me angry.

I bought an oil cooler, and could certainly have installed it myself, but I didn’t want to take the time to screw around with it, so I took it in.

Prior to a previous trip a few weeks ago I asked one of the service writers how many hours: “1.5”

Then when I took it in today, they said 2 hours, and showed me the computer screen for standard rates. 2 hours. Ok, fine, whatever.

Also, a few weeks ago when I had the 5K service done, I wasn’t aware that this dealer changes the primary and tranny oil in addition to engine oil, the service manual doesn’t recommend it so I didn’t bring my syn oils that I want in.

So I had them do it today (free of course but I had to get plucky with them because they were going to do it during the 5K anyway)

Service writer “ just remember, with the oil change we’ll have your bike for 3 hours”. Ok, whatevah.

As I was walking down the street to get coffee and wait it out, I could see the service writer writing it up – at 9:15 AM.

Got a call at 10:55 AM – All done! (all these things done for less time than they charged me for doing just the oil cooler)

Would this bother you?

I get standard rates and all, but this is just maddening!

Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Good Time Gang
Tourer

Surdyke Harley Davidson, Festus MO.

a few months back i noticed they had an 08 xbones on the website with very low miles. I sent an email request for the price and received a phone call the next day. i called back after i was off work and was told the sales man was with someone. i told the nice lady what bike i was interested in and that i would like for him to call me back. DID NOT HAPPEN. That was going to be the end of my Surdyke experiance, but i am a dumbass.
two weeks ago i was at a bike show and saw a guy with a Sons of Anarchy T-shirt that had a Missouri bottom rocker. I asked where he picked it up at, and he said Surdyke. as luck would have it i was headed to St. Louis the next week so i stopped and inquired. They were all out of my size, but assured me that they would be getting some in and to simply call them. I called the next week and sure enough the nice lady said they had some and she would pull my size so i could pick them up the next day. it was raining, and i did not feel like taking the bike on 75 mile wash so i drove the truck the 150 mile round trip to pick up some shirts. When i got there i was told that they made a mistake and did not have the shirts in my size, and furthermore, would not have them for several months. Talk about pissed. I am now looking for anyone that sells SOA T's with Missouri bottom rockers and would pay a hell of a lot more just to not have to buy them from surdyke. That is my rant. Thank you for listening.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Guitarfinder
Cruiser

I got quoted a price of $18,000 to $18,500 on a 2010 Road King Classic from Mid America Harley. I was going to put a large down payment on it and keep the payments low. I came across a used Dyna Super Glide Custom on the weekend from a private seller at a great price, so i bought it. After riding it few days i felt it was not the bike for me, so I took it in to Mid America Harley to see about trading, they low balled me on the trade and raised the price of the Road King to over $19,000. Not only unethical but dishonest on so many levels.Taking my $10,000 cash somewhere else

Old 08-03-2010, 12:01 AM
babyray
Tourer

Gary Bang Harley Davidson Atascadero, Ca. Generally poor customer service from Gary and his wife.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 PM
queencityff
Intermediate

pat rodgers speedway harley in concord nc sucks

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences