General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Cobra Venom
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doctormerida
I bought a 2009 custom dyana glide very nice bike from red rock Harley and the deal was ok rate on finance. Very bad 19 percent but I loved the bike drive it for 6 months and traded it in on a car that I hated gave me great trade in so I hated that dealer so much 2012 accent car ok but finance guy cheated me so I traded it for a 2012 Chevy Malibu and got such a good deal I love it great car and company Finley treated me great well about a month ago I saw my bike at another dealership and want to. Buy it back. But asking to much I payed 11000 dollars and they want 12500 it has. Been there 8 months can't sell it for that price but don't want to. Budge on price if will sell it for 10500 will. Buy it and I don't understand the. Ike needs new tires.
Dude, if you talk anything like you type...it's no wonder you get such a bad deal everytime: No one can understand you! Learn some grammar

Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 PM
RoadRunR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

deleted

Last edited by RoadRunR; 10-08-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:12 AM
DASH MENKIN
Novice

exactly! edit what you type please..... you come across as an idiot!!!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Ice-Child
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a 04 Sporty and figured I would have the local dealer take a look at it. I take it up to Frieze Harley in O'Fallon Illinois. I have them change all the fluids and filters and give it a once over. There was a little play in the throttle cable was about my only complaint. Two days later I call them and they tell me "Oh the throttle cable broke and your gonna need a new cable". I figure screw it just fix it and asked how long. Guy says a couple of days. Its now been over a week and a half. Call monday got told Tuesday, called yesterday got told today, I called today to see what was taking so long and his reply and I **** you not, "Mechanic had it up on the lift earlier and got something in his eye, he had to go get his eye flushed so it will be tomorrow sometime". WTF are you kidding me its nothing but run around after run around. All I want is my bike that didn't need anything when it went in and am now over 700 bucks into an oil change. I will NEVER deal with these guys again, I dont care how close they are. My business will go to St Louis or Mount Vernon from now on. Have a friend of mine just left there Monday and is, rather was headed up there Friday to order his bike. We are headed to Mount Vernon Saturday instead. Screw these guys, I will make sure any business I can steer somewhere else I will do. Its wrong to treat someone like this. They wont even call me to tell me anything about my bike, I had to call them to find out it had been off the lift two days waiting because they broke the throttle cable.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Ice-Child
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am so pissed off right now. In my own haste (and stupidity) this afternoon I made the call and found out my bike was done. They didnt call me I had to call them. So I go up to get my bike and in my joy of finally getting my bike back I was in a hurry to get out the door and away from those fools. Well its just that I screwed myself I think. I get home and give it a good once over (I kick myself in the *** I should have done it at their shop) and lo and behold they screwed it up even more. When it went in it had some play in the throttle cable and I wanted the fluids and filters changed. I get it back with new cables, a new back tire which I bought and took to them so I didnt get reamed. It has a new oil filter am going to check the air filter tomorrow. This is where any of you would be PISSED OFF, I am checking the cables and get to my throttle assembly, they twisted off the adjustment know. Not only did they twist it off but its been cranked on with a pair of pliers I think there is no way in hell I can ever get another adjustment **** on it the only way to fix it is replace it. I am not sure what buffoon they let loose on my bike but I am PISSED. Take it in for fluid and filter changes end up 700 bucks down and 2 weeks in and get it back with broken parts. REALLY Is this how Frieze Harley does its customers. I drop almost 1500 there in the last two weeks and that is how I get the shaft. SCREW THAT!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Default Harley Davidson of Charlotte (Matthews)

H-D of Charlotte, NC (Matthews)

These guys are the closest and most convenient dealer to me in the area, I bought my first Harley there and have tried over the years to give them my business....
But every time I go back there I end up regretting it..

From the ridiculous waste of time the sales dept is (laughable trade in offers etc) inept parts dept and worst of all the service dept.

I've had numerous issues with the service dept over the years but the last straw was when I recently took my RK in for it's 5K service.
I made the mistake of leaving my helmet in my saddlebag.....I know, stupid thing to do....
So anyways....after they took 4 hours to do the service I paid the man and went out to ride home...took my helmet out of the bag and immediately noticed a large deep scratch in the top...the type that would happen if it was dropped on concrete.
I took it back in to show the guy at the service counter and he looked at me suspiciously like I was lying to him.....but after I assured him it was not damaged when I put it in the bag he went in the back and supposedly asked the tech and bike wash guys if anyone had dropped my helmet and none of them would admit to touching it (nevermind the fact that I saw it sitting on the floor next to the bike when I went in to talk to the tech about something)

So they did nothing....sent me on my way with a damaged helmet.
Admittedly, this was not exactly a new lid.....it was a six year old half helmet with a few marks in it and probably was due for replacement anyways....
BUT...I know it was not damaged when I put it in the bag.

Now....they could have offered me 50 bucks off a new helmet and kept me as a customer.....but they did not bother, it did not occur to them to offer anything..

And as if to add insult to injury....I noticed a few days later two separate oil spots under my bike ......they had done a very poor job of cleaning up from the service and was there was oil dripping down from around the filter and the frame near the drain plug.

They done lost me forever this time .....

Last edited by Dooley; 11-25-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:33 AM
tourman
Cruiser

As you said, Nobody to blame but yourself.
If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charge. Good luck

Originally Posted by Ice-Child
I am so pissed off right now. In my own haste (and stupidity) this afternoon I made the call and found out my bike was done. They didnt call me I had to call them. So I go up to get my bike and in my joy of finally getting my bike back I was in a hurry to get out the door and away from those fools. Well its just that I screwed myself I think. I get home and give it a good once over (I kick myself in the *** I should have done it at their shop) and lo and behold they screwed it up even more. When it went in it had some play in the throttle cable and I wanted the fluids and filters changed. I get it back with new cables, a new back tire which I bought and took to them so I didnt get reamed. It has a new oil filter am going to check the air filter tomorrow. This is where any of you would be PISSED OFF, I am checking the cables and get to my throttle assembly, they twisted off the adjustment know. Not only did they twist it off but its been cranked on with a pair of pliers I think there is no way in hell I can ever get another adjustment **** on it the only way to fix it is replace it. I am not sure what buffoon they let loose on my bike but I am PISSED. Take it in for fluid and filter changes end up 700 bucks down and 2 weeks in and get it back with broken parts. REALLY Is this how Frieze Harley does its customers. I drop almost 1500 there in the last two weeks and that is how I get the shaft. SCREW THAT!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 09:24 AM
rebel1963
Stage I
Angry HD of New Orleans

I have walked into that place at least 4 times to get a price on a new scooter in the past 8 years and they haved pissed me off every time to the point that i will never buy anything from them, nothing!!! the first time they pissed me off was in 2006 (i lost my first bike in hurricane Katrina) and a salesdick named "Tank" (isnt that a great name for a used car salesmen?)welcomed me with open arms. i wanted a Lowrider, he tryed to sell me a used streetbob for the price of a new one. when i said i was going to pay in cash he did'nt belive me( that i can understand). but when he kept questioning how i was going to finnance it i got pissed and from their parking lot, called Northshore HD and talked to the guy who sold me my first HD (Rick Long). He said he had a Lowrider on the floor. I walked in and left with the bike 2 hours later. I brought a friend in to HD of NO a few months this past July, to look at the new Switchback's. the salesmen Paul looked to be about 20something and seamed like a good dude. he said i can get you on one of those right now to my friend and said he could get me a good trade in for my 06 lowrider. We both said we were'nt ready right now but would be back in a few months and would talk then. after a hundred phone calls and email's my friend got pissed and told him to stop calling (he still calls about once a month). I went in to talk about a new Streetglide and trade my 06 in. Well Paul had someone look over my trade and handed me to the general manager (because the sales manager was out for the day and "he's making deals to sell bikes"). Well he tried to steal my 06 from me for $8000.00 (it only has 6000 miles on it)!!! I said he was crazy. he said that is the best i will get anywhere. i asked how much was he going to take of the Streetglide, his answer was "NOT A PENNY". thats when i said he could sitck it up his...... and walked out. i will never go into that place again (its close to my work and i have bought many parts and severice items in the past). I will be buying my new bike before March and will go anywhere to buy. BUT IT WON'T BE HD OF NEW ORLEANS!

Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master

Heritage HD in Fort Walton Beach, Florida....

Back in 2008 they did the Stage one on my Nightster I had at the time. Left fingerprints, oily hand prints all over my gas tank after they were done. The service manager seemed miffed that I would ask for my bike to be clean when I just unassed nearly a grand on the upgrade.

On the time or two I have tried to buy from them since then, they are out to nickle and dime you for all the money they can get. They won't even bother trying to match Rossmeyers, Pensacola HD, or the Mobile HD either on bike prices. Before I found my Night Train at Atlanta HD, I looked at a 2012 Fat Bob that had sat on their showroom floor from May 2011 until last January/Feb when I finally gave up and looked elsewhere. They were offering the 2012 Fat Bob for nearly the same price as a 2013 Fat Bob at Rossmeyers. The best I could get additionally was a $200 gift card. Rossmeyers was offering slip ons (Rush) and the entire backrest/luggage rack/and adpater kit as well for about the same price (installed too).

Old 10-17-2012, 08:57 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by scasey
So I am from Florida up in Alaska doing some work and stop by the local dealer in Anchorage to buy some shirts. I put $260 worth of clothing on the counter and ask for 10% off. The girl calls the manager, he comes to the counter looks and says no. I say are you sure b/c i either get the 10% off or leave them ($25 off). Needless to say i left with nothing.

Pretty funny to me considering the mark up on clothing everywhere is about 100% or more. That the guy wouldn't deal and would rather not make the sale at all. If it was my business in this economy i would do the 10% off. I know in my current work clients are asking for deals and if your not willing you won't get the work.

I guess they didn't feel they needed to give you the discount you requested. That's entirely their prerogative. It doesn't make them a bad dealership.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences