General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDWG94
Kegel's HD in Rockford, Ill. - I know this will be an old post but I still can not believe the treatment I got there in August 2003. I had been riding around the USA for 3+ months, stopped here on way to 100th for scheduled service of a complete fluid change, oil, trans, primary, and forks. Went to lunch with some friends in the area and when we returned to pick up my bike it was missing. It was missing for almost 2 weeks before they called me to let me know they had found it and completed the service. When I went to pick it up there were over 800 miles on it from when I dropped it off. No break on pricing of anything (parts or service), no sorry we loaned your bike out to another customer (how else did it get 800+ miles on it). To add further insult I ran out of gas before leaving the dealership, they did give me a gallon of gas. Turned out to be just enough to get down the road to the next light to discover that when they serviced the forks they double charged the right and added no fluid to the left fork causing the right fork seal to blow out. NEVER AGAIN KEGEL
And for those of you who don't believe this, the same thing happened a month ago with my SUV. Dropped it off at one dealer who sent it to another for the work. Go to second dealer to pick it up where I find out they sent it to a third dealer that had a customer interested in buying it and was test driving it for the weekend. My wife blew up so bad at everyone there even I was scared

Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds as shady as Redding Harley in CA. They bold faced lied to the state investigator, and yes, the state didn't do anything. The state did mention Redding HD is now on their radar.
If anyone ever travels to Northern CA, at all cost avoid Redding Harley! They will gladly take your $$ and perform a substandard service, and there is nothing you can do about it, let alone will they honor their work! Please beware.. You've been warned!

Old 11-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Guillotine
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Renegade Harley Davidson - Alexandria, Louisiana

I spent over $4,000.00 in parts and services during my deployment to Afghanistan on them. I specifically told them I want my take-off parts back. For 7 months after I returned I bugged them about my take-off parts and I only got back 1/4 of the parts, my cables, shocks and levers. I never got back my rocker covers, air cleaner, handlebars or anything like that. They just kept telling me "we'll keep looking for it." Their engine guy is good, but the techs are idiots. They continuosly mess up, not adding threadlocker or torqueing parts to spec. The parts guys are also pushy and idiots. They only have one thing in mind, your money...and they think they know what is best for your bike. Their services are extremely overpriced, 400 bucks for a 20,000 mile service is just ridiculous, especially when a competitor just to their south does it for 200 bucks and does a better job.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:44 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

I would take them to Small Claims Court! Get a monetary Judgement from the Court for the replacement of your parts. Don't let them off the hook! I honestly believe there are more bad HD stealer's than good, and I mean very large majority..

Old 11-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Markymannn
And for those of you who don't believe this, the same thing happened a month ago with my SUV. Dropped it off at one dealer who sent it to another for the work. Go to second dealer to pick it up where I find out they sent it to a third dealer that had a customer interested in buying it and was test driving it for the weekend. My wife blew up so bad at everyone there even I was scared
WTF? They took your SUV & gave it to someone else for a weekend test drive.? I would have walked outside, called the police right then & reported it stolen! Not even let them know what I had done.

Let them explain to the potential customer why he was arrested and hauled into jail.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Unome
WTF? They took your SUV & gave it to someone else for a weekend test drive.? I would have walked outside, called the police right then & reported it stolen! Not even let them know what I had done.

Let them explain to the potential customer why he was arrested and hauled into jail.
Yeah they took the wrong 2007 Ford Escape, mine, and gave it to someone to test drive. They realized their mistake, and tried to get it back before I got there. But they couldn't get a hold of the driver, they stalled me meanwhile, finally the svc mgr admits it a half hour later that my car is gone.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Markymannn
Yeah they took the wrong 2007 Ford Escape, mine, and gave it to someone to test drive. They realized their mistake, and tried to get it back before I got there. But they couldn't get a hold of the driver, they stalled me meanwhile, finally the svc mgr admits it a half hour later that my car is gone.
That's when my call to the police to report a stolen vehicle would have been made. Again, let them explain to a potential customer why he was pulled over & possibly sat in jail until it got straightened out.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Dresser Dan
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Dealer

American Harley Davidson, Waldorf Md. SUCKS. While traveling through Maryland on U.S. 301 I had a battery go away on me. Stayed overnight and called this crappy dealer and asked them to bring me a battery as I was a transient passing through. The no good woman that answered the phone in the service department with a nasty attitude told me to call a tow truck and hung up on me. I called back and asked for a manager. He told me there was no one available to deliver a battery. I finally had to call a taxi at the cost of $50.00 round trip. When I got to the store, there was 2 people standing around the parts area doing absolutly nothing. I mentioned that they may want to think about the way they treat transient riders. One older guy, name on shirt was "Old Guy" said, yeah, we'll get right on that. This dealership is a disgrace to Harley Davidson.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:28 PM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Dresser Dan
American Harley Davidson, Waldorf Md. SUCKS. While traveling through Maryland on U.S. 301 I had a battery go away on me. Stayed overnight and called this crappy dealer and asked them to bring me a battery as I was a transient passing through. The no good woman that answered the phone in the service department with a nasty attitude told me to call a tow truck and hung up on me. I called back and asked for a manager. He told me there was no one available to deliver a battery. I finally had to call a taxi at the cost of $50.00 round trip. When I got to the store, there was 2 people standing around the parts area doing absolutly nothing. I mentioned that they may want to think about the way they treat transient riders. One older guy, name on shirt was "Old Guy" said, yeah, we'll get right on that. This dealership is a disgrace to Harley Davidson.
The dealer here may just not deliver parts. Now yes they could have handled this better but i would have called there service dept to see if they could handle this. sometimes if your close they will pick it up and get you right in as you were traveling. would you call the ford house to bring you a battery? most times they wont do that. but they will tow you in and put one on for you. for a fee of course.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:29 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

Lol, Harley Davidson is a disgrace!
Also, if traveling, a HD dealer is the last place I would go! I would look for places like cycle gear or any others. Dealer is a last resort.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences