General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:53 PM
lexingtonrider
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tilley Harley Davidson Service needs service

Almost a headache to give your money away with Tilley's Harley located in Salisbury. Filled out the online service form, never got a call back, called the service dept and got hung up on twice. Finally got some dim wit who said "Well you sent the request on Sunday" DUH! thought that was what the internet form was for. Somewhere down the road the guy said, well I dont read those things!!!! Man what service, I just hung up and called Smoking Harley and spoke to someone with some sense. It is increasingly hard to give good money away to dealerships that are to dumb just to hire good people. At least get some gal on the phone with a personality.

Lexingtonrider

Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 AM
Finnharleybiker
Stage II
Default They Stole my money: h-dcollectablesstuff.com

Watch out for this guy / dealer:

He stole 1.190 $ dollars from me.
I ordered a Thierry Martinos gold ring from him and he never delivered it...lots of explanation emails for months and after that he stopper aswering my emails. And when I tryed to call him, he just hang up on me.
Guess he thought my money is easy to fraud because Im outside from USA.

Please feel free to pass this information on, so that anyone else wont lose their money.
Ebay merchant: harleygearheads
He´s webpages: http://www.h-dcollectablesstuff.com/default.html
email: bikerdudes@cableone.net this is also he's account email in paypal
Phone: 228-263-0479
Address:
16065 NO. APRIL DR.
GULFPORT, MS 39503
228-263-0479

Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 PM
netnut
Stage IV

Bumpus HD of Collierville TN. Seems great to me!! Bought 2013 RK classic. Got a good price & they did more than i asked for on some changes, i made. Like switch to hard bags.
Soft / hard bags a rip off from HD. Should be able to order what you want!! Payed the extra and they would be color matched. with pin stripe. But when i got them they were 2 tone to macth my BBP & Black;-)))))
Another dealer wanted 100s more for 2 tone so that made me happy and they were 1000.00 cheaper on the new bike than Thunder HD in Mississippi.
Good people everytime i stop in!!!

Redline engineering good place to buy a Titan Lift too!!!
Damm glad i got it!! Toooo OLD to GET DOWN!!!!
Put a WheelDock on it !! ride in ,hit the dock and get off!!
Now when installing my Fuel moto stuff ECT will be Fun . & Handel bars & Grips. plus got rid of bag crash bars. Put TallBoy Kit on Footboards and Lepara Bare Bones!!;-)))sorry got long winded.;-)))

Old 02-04-2013, 04:50 AM
yaknart33
5th Gear
Thumbs down Good ,Bad ,Ugly

Bought a 94 FXSTC ,was treated like family,couldn't ask for better treatment ,sales service was great.I am a senior master tech ,over 35 years with ford dealership experience.The store was sold ,moved to santa clarita,ca, 5 miles from my home.All new people in service and sales.Got in accident ,had bike towed to the new Old Road Harley Davidson ,other guys insurance was paying ,est was $8000,two months later they tell me its done .I go in get charged $ 2,000 over est ,paid it until I could talk to the service mangr on tuesday,I wanted my bike ,figured that based on prior experience it would be taken care of.Because I work at car dealer and know not to rush or be a jerk during the two months the bike was there .Just wanted it done right ,they put low end parts on it ,aftermarket sheet metal,handle bars ,mirrors etc.The paint was done at Dougs Custom paint in canoga park ,high end shop that had done four bikes for me with no problems.They damaged the fenders ,braided cables,forks with very poor workmanship.It took over a month to get it handled including paying for repaint ,a very expensive repaint,jerked me around ,lied to me about the high end parts that the very competent Van nuys people installed .I pulled my receipts out with pics made them supply the high end stuf and give me refund on the over charge.I replaced the parts myself ,had the paint shop install sheet metal the right way .I was never given an apology or explanation for any of the crap they did.I would never let them replace a light buld and even though they are near my home won't spend a nickle there.It is unacceptable when you have a "professional " shop that prior to the new ownership was outstanding ,just turn to crap ,not taking care of a paying customer to do a job they were paid to do.Turn out work that was not up to any quality standards in any way.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yaknart33
Bought a 94 FXSTC ,was treated like family,couldn't ask for better treatment ,sales service was great.I am a senior master tech ,over 35 years with ford dealership experience.The store was sold ,moved to santa clarita,ca, 5 miles from my home.All new people in service and sales.Got in accident ,had bike towed to the new Old Road Harley Davidson ,other guys insurance was paying ,est was $8000,two months later they tell me its done .I go in get charged $ 2,000 over est ,paid it until I could talk to the service mangr on tuesday,I wanted my bike ,figured that based on prior experience it would be taken care of.Because I work at car dealer and know not to rush or be a jerk during the two months the bike was there .Just wanted it done right ,they put low end parts on it ,aftermarket sheet metal,handle bars ,mirrors etc.The paint was done at Dougs Custom paint in canoga park ,high end shop that had done four bikes for me with no problems.They damaged the fenders ,braided cables,forks with very poor workmanship.It took over a month to get it handled including paying for repaint ,a very expensive repaint,jerked me around ,lied to me about the high end parts that the very competent Van nuys people installed .I pulled my receipts out with pics made them supply the high end stuf and give me refund on the over charge.I replaced the parts myself ,had the paint shop install sheet metal the right way .I was never given an apology or explanation for any of the crap they did.I would never let them replace a light buld and even though they are near my home won't spend a nickle there.It is unacceptable when you have a "professional " shop that prior to the new ownership was outstanding ,just turn to crap ,not taking care of a paying customer to do a job they were paid to do.Turn out work that was not up to any quality standards in any way.

Wow, sounds just like the way Redding Harley treats their customers!

You should have known how estimates work and excess charges of an estimate prior to work being done! They have to notify you and if the work was done without approval, you are not responsible for overages! Especially working at a Dealership.. You are also aware of BAR in CA, I would have filed a complaint! If people continue to allow these arrogant dealers to continue doing what they do, then more power to them! The only way to correct these kinds of issues is to complain and file claims against these dealers. Let the state get involved and do what they need to, to straighten these clowns out!

Old 02-05-2013, 06:33 AM
yaknart33
5th Gear

You are very correct,there are other ways to get into their shorts,I did receive the refund,the insurance co paid any additional costs .Plus ,since I feel I had a legit complaint,i had them kick in SE 10.5-1 comp forged pistons,SE rings,SE 57 Cam,gasket set for a very small amount of money.It just amazes me that any business would treat a paying cust like this.When it was Van Nuys HD ,the original owners ,I was treated incredibly good ,Chris in service ,Louis the tech, Chuck the salesman were great to deal with .When I bought my bike there was almost 8-10 month wait time for the allotment.They had a deal fall out ,chuck called me ,I went in wrote a check and the price was the lowest in the so calif area ,with my first bike I spent $15,000 OTD ,plus added a bunch of stuff ,all high end a month later ,spent what another $5,000 ,all cash.Work ,prices were above and beyond average.So I still have that bike ,I ended up buying two more from them in next couple years .They gave me alot of comp stuff ,didnt have to ask ever ,I new they were treating me right ,fair ,never had to question any charge .The new owner has turned it into a joke,never will I spend a nickle there .Old Road H D ,santa clarita,I will go 25/30 miles to Lancaster HD or Glendale HD,if I need parts from HD.Poor business .I drive buy to running errands and never seen it busy.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Erbie
Tourer

You can't go by the way the salesman treats you. It is his job to treat you good to get your money. The rest of it is up to the dude that owns the business, either get someone in the back room that can screw you over or won't, he will make more money on the guy that has the smile on his face.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Erbie
Tourer

That dumb person is not paid as much as a guy that has his act together, guess which one makes the owner's bank account look better. Ever wonder why so many people won't hire an American because he can hire an illegal immigrant? New motorcycle means Harley is gonna pay, used one means he will get you at least once.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Erbie
Tourer

Again the great salesman selling you a Hog, then the biggest dummies in the back room making sure it runs. Remember these are the same people that put it together for the dealer after the factory sent it, that is where the dealer makes his money, how fast they can get it out of the box onto the floor for sale.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Erbie
Tourer

I went back to 2006 and started reading this, you know I don't think Harley has a dealer that has a decent back room in it, I mean, all of these are different places, not one or two places in this country, but there can't be that many Harley dealers in this country and 175 complaints in this, how many complaints about how many dealers are not in here? Why dosen't Harley take an active interest in just how a dealer performs at what cost? Don't they care what THEIR representative does to their image in this business with the Asians and Europeans breathing down their necks? Why dosen't it have representatives go out with a bike that needs to be fixed and see what the dealers really do, I mean they could put their bike in there and the dealer never know it was a Harley bike put in there by a Harley representative.Cost and effectiveness could be judged by the people that are losing customers then, instead of a person that thinks when and if Harley dies they will just sell Hondas so to speak.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences