General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 02:12 PM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BAD Dealers and Experiences

My mother lives in Hudson and have been at Gulf Coast Harley a few times while visiting (The bikini-bike wash in my signature was at that dealership as a matter of fact). Anyway it seems like they are more interested in selling you a new bike rather then help you with the one you have.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Axholio
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just adding a confirmation about my previous thoughts on Ft Worth Harley. I just called them to see about the manuel for the FXD I just bought last week. When I was in the store these guys were my best friend. Now that the papers are signed and I've taken possesion of the bike they act like I'm a major annoyance. I didn't even get a nice, "Hey, how's the bike?" Needless to say I won't be doing any business there anymore. The word that comes to mind is @$$holes.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:16 PM
molsenice
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gulf Coast Harley
New Port Richey FL.
My mother lives in Hudson and have been at Gulf Coast Harley a few times while visiting (The bikini-bike wash in my signature was at that dealership as a matter of fact). Anyway it seems like they are more interested in selling you a new bike rather then help you with the one you have.
wow - I visited this dealership while on vacation - I had just picked up my bike back in July of 04 (not from them) ad I had to go on a planned vacation for 2 wks without it! - these folks were awsome - told them I was just passin through and the wife and kids were in the car - a sales lady brought coffe out to my wife and invited them in - kids were set up with t-shirts and quarters for the vidieo games - wife and I spent about an hour talking with just about everyone, even some of the mechanics - made arrangments to go for a ride with one of the sales ladies as she visits Batavia in western NY - I live in upstate NY - never managed to hook up for the ride as the machine I had was never running this year but will join her and her husband next year - I still remember her custom plate "MY401K" - cool people - my experiance.

They even helped me pick out some of the first add ons (back rest parts and stage 1 mods) - sent me off with all the part numbers for my dealerhip to have an easy time setting me up - I feel they wet way out of their way for me

The following users liked this post:
fxstbharley2008 (10-17-2022)
Old 01-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

Any dealer that talks you guys into getting a Harley Stage 1 Download[:@].

Terry

OutlawFC222 (08-02-2022)
Old 01-17-2006, 02:25 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maryland HD in Elkridge has some good people but also a couple of idiots (and at least one frickin LIAR).
When I was selling my EG Classic, I called them to ask if they would inspect it and replace a part that was on recall. They said "Sure, just bring it in early. Only we can't do an inspection when it's raining."
No problem. Two days later, bright sunny day, I take the bike over there first thing in the morning. Ride 35 miles in rush hour traffic. Girl behind counter (same girl I talked to on the phone two days prior) says "Oh no, you have to have an appointment for an inspection". Ok, I'm pissed but I figure I'm there so I told her to just do the recall part. She says "We're out of the recall part". Well, I'm really pissed off now. Parts guy I've dealt with calls me aside and tells me another place to get the inspection.
When I got there I told the guy that Maryland HD referred me to him. He said "I do all their inspections. I charge $50 and they charge you $95". Now it makes sense why they wouldn't do it if it was raining. They didn't want to get wet riding the bike the 10 miles to the other shop.
Also, they totally fricked up a 95" conversion on a friend's RKC. He had to take the bike to another dealer and have the whole thing redone.

QuigliesHD2008 (01-04-2024)
Old 01-17-2006, 02:26 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ramsey's Chesapeake HD in Darlington, Maryland doesn't seem to give a $hit about anything but the bottom line. I priced a bike there one time and they wanted 3K more than any other dealer I checked with. They will give a discount on parts ordered over the phone though.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thomas

Gulf Coast Harley
New Port Richey FL.

A bunch of know it alls."smart donkeys"
Need I say anymore.

LMAO.........Its always funny to meet the 19 yr old at the parts counter that knows all

OutlawFC222 (08-02-2022)
Old 01-18-2006, 02:20 AM
itsahog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bryan HD in Moore Oklahoma. Beware of high prices.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Axholio
Tourer

Sorry... I must say I'm a tad ticked. I was told by the guys at FWHD that they would get me the manual when I bought my 03 FXD last Tuesday... I was told today I have to PAY for it. He called me to tell me it was in and he was going to call me to let me know if it was comp'd... He never called back. I'll get the manual, but I tell you what... They'll never see my fat @$$ ever again. Attitude goes a long way... in either direction.

[:@]

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

*edit*

There was no place that I could find at the above website to voice dissatisfaction. I would sure like to find out where I can go to lodge a bi tch...

Old 01-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Axholio
Tourer

Just an addendum to the above...

I went to pick up the manual today. They didn't have it. It was never ordered. I had to pay for it first. It was... (drum roll please) $20 for the manual (msrp) PLUS $6 FOR SHIPPING!!!

I am fed up with these guys!

What was supposed to be a fun and enjoyable experience has become just one long string of disappointments. If the rest of dealerships in the area are like this I'll probably end up selling out.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences