General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:28 PM
Texas Trash
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Harley of Dallas in Allen,Tx is a joke! Went a few years back to buy a 48. Couldnt get anyone to help me! I do have tattoos but so do a lot of the people that go in harley shops. Finally did get a person to help me and he said well if you wanna buy a bike you need really good credit and we dont bad credit financing! Lmao I didnt even do a credit a credit app, granted i have great credit. Went by there today and same thing,man alive that place is horrible. Also as listed above their prices are higher than any dealership around, if you can get a price out of them. I'll stick with dealership I listed in the GOOD section!

Old 03-19-2017, 10:22 AM
BigBadAllis
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Hamilton Harley Davidson, Sturgis MI

Eager for the sale but poor after sales experience

This dealer was as nice as could be when I was in there ordering my 2015 CVO Limited. I was trying to decide which dealer to order from, they provided $2500 in-store gift card for any upgrades.

Ordered from Tommy Hamilton the owner who claims to have the best after sales experience delivered to customers.

Here's the deal. 1st off told him I will not take delivery until after all of the winter road salt has been washed away. #2 Putting the $2500.00 towards Rinehart True Duals and 4" mufflers, Power Commander V and a proper dyno tune for best performance + LED turn signals. $2500.00 would cover all parts and labor.

Gave him $5000 cash and all was good while waiting for the new bike to arrive.

Late February I get a call that the bike came in. They prepped the bike, installed the Rinehart Exhaust system, Power Commander V and LED turn signals. Once that was done, I went down to inspect the bike and paid the balance in full. He said it's ready to roll and to take it home. I reminded him that I was not taking it until the road salt is off the roads. He said we can't keep it here forever you know. Told him I will pick it up as soon as the salt is gone or he is welcome to deliver it in one of his enclosed trailers. Said no. To far away at approx 85 miles. He became rude and persistent that I need to get the purchased bike out of his shop because it was taking up room. At that time I also reminded him that I was not dyno tuned as promised either because the dyno was packed in the back of the shop and covered from a recent expansion.

Bottom line is the bad experience started with him pushing me to remove the bike while the roads were still crusted with salt. Then to find out it was never dyno tuned and they just installed a canned map that wasn't even matched for my bike and exhaust system. Bike never ran right until I removed the Rineharts and Power Commander and installed Fullsacs and TTS Tuner with the right tune.

As far as I can see, I did my part by paying a sizable payment when ordering and paying it off as it arrived and not asking him to carry the price until I can actually ride it away.

I will never walk through their doors again for any reason.

Jason

Old 03-19-2017, 08:37 PM
hozer
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down avalanche Harley Davidson Denver colorado

Maybe the worst ever won't work on early twin cam H-D. They suck

Old 03-24-2017, 09:19 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,374 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Originally Posted by TenMidgets
Just bought two Metzler's 888s for $250 (before $50 Visa rebate card) Dealer is installing for $230 front and rear. I finally found the 25 year Harley mechanic who use to work at Harley ,then an Independent consignment dealer who went **** up, So going forward he will take care of my bike and he LOVES carbed bikes,
Ouch! $25 per wheel for me. And that's a lousy deal.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:09 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by zopi
Just an observation..Harley likes to hear about bad service at it's dealerships..and they are very proactive with them...I believe there is contact info on the website
where you can report that sort of thing..

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...p?locale=en_US

BTW..the odometer thing..is federal fraud, I do believe...

Not in my case. The Harley by my house completely screwed me, i tried contacting the main site many times and got no replys. Tried email, calling ect. Nothing. It doesnt matter, i wont ever set foot in a dealer again they are all rip offs. Indy and a shop manual/and ebay/internet if i ever needs parts. I have no need for thier crappy free hotdogs nor thier old man attitudes.

Last edited by saltlick; 04-03-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:20 PM
TOTLKOS
Tourer
Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts

I just was at the Harley shop in Calgary here-Calgary Harley- with my '17 Slim with 645KM's regarding the rear luggage rack. The screw that holds the seat and rack came out and they wanted me to buy and reinstall these items-if they could find them that is. They couldn't grasp the concept of warranty. I had to get aggressive and tell them that the bike is staying there and they are fixing the problem. Needless to say I came home without it- after almost 45 minutes of fuming!!! Incredible......Customer service there really sucks...

Old 04-15-2017, 07:54 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by TOTLKOS
I just was at the Harley shop in Calgary here-Calgary Harley- with my '17 Slim with 645KM's regarding the rear luggage rack. The screw that holds the seat and rack came out and they wanted me to buy and reinstall these items-if they could find them that is. They couldn't grasp the concept of warranty...
Uuhhhh...whaaa??

Screws falling off is not covered by warranty, any more than any example of your failure to maintain your motorcycle is covered by warranty.

Originally Posted by TOTLKOS
...I had to get aggressive and tell them that the bike is staying there and they are fixing the problem. Needless to say I came home without it...
If I were you, I'd be checking to make sure you weren't racking up storage charges since you left it there.

Last edited by IdahoHacker; 04-15-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:02 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm still not happy about much of the circumstance surrounding the sale/trade-in of this bike and my 14 Ultra.

I had better credit rating this time but ended up with a full point more on APR and this dealership lied to me and told me it was because it was what HDFS offered. Two different ppl at HDFS have said that's a lie. The last person went as far as to detail how the process works, made sense. So I suspect the dealership lied. I won't continue to deal with ppl who are dishonest or don't deal with integrity, fairness, respect.

Don't even waste your time with the survey. Only one person bothered to reach out and query why I wasn't happy. Never heard a word from the dealership. Also didn't hear from anyone higher than the person who responded even after he said he forwarded my complaint(s) to his regional/district manager. Their customer satisfaction survey program is a complete waste of time.

Last edited by P'colaHarley-17RGS; 04-16-2017 at 04:12 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Moose2011FLHX
Tourer
Received 120 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
One of the reasons my bike goes to Waco H-D or Jim's Cycle Shop in Axtell on TX 31, just east of Waco. Lets hope the new shop the Smith family is building in Burleson at Renfro Rd and I-35 W functions better in the back room. Sadly, I'm not holding my breath.
Jim's is great if you ever have a problem a little further south Bill Allen Motorcycle Company in Bryan is excellent as well.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:04 AM
VanHammersley
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a dealer persay, but I had a recent bad experience with purchasing parts/accessories from H-D.com. Long story short - purchased $400+ worth of parts, and ended up getting charged TWICE for it (too long of a story on why/how that happened).

Been back and forth for weeks on phone with H-D.com customer service. Finally, they ended up having to get the IT dept involved, and were able to dig further into accounts and transactions...and finally found the error.

They are refunding me now (supposedly), but we'll see. While HD support was nice about it and trying to help, the whole experience left a bad taste.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences