General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 01:33 PM
sebby
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frederick HD - Frederick,MD

Most dishonest and shady sales staff I have ever dealt with. Stay away from these crooks.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:42 PM
wengerda
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Anyone knows the HD HQ customer service email for bad experiences from a dealer?

Old 09-13-2017, 08:43 PM
UncleDuckjob
6th Gear

Originally Posted by route2null0
Chesters Harley in Mesa, AZ

October 05 - Go in to order 06 Dyna Wide in Glacier white. In short, the sales MANAGER tells me that it would have to be 'worth their while' to get my style back with that color sooner than January. I wanted it sooner so I took my business elsewhere.
I was able to get my ride in early December from another dealer.

Jan 06 - Go to the same dealer after making an appt for my 1k service. 1 week prior i VERIFIED with the service clerk that they honored my purchased contract for services. Get up nice in early today and ride the scoot to the dealer. 8am, rougly 38 degrees. Hand over my key... lady right up ticket and tells me they DO NOT subscribe to the contract that I have for mileage service etc!!!!
Man thanks, good to know! I was thinking for looking there for my next bike!

- Ducky 💀

Last edited by UncleDuckjob; 09-13-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:45 PM
UncleDuckjob
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Thundercloud
I was in East Coast HD in Dumfries VA one day and a guy was in there who had just taken delivery of a Ultra that he had decked out about $28,000 with all the extras the day before and bought a new ball cap at the same time after he got home he noticed that the "O" in Davids-n was missing in the embroidery and just wanted to exchange it for another one. They told him they had a no return no exchange policy on apparell. Man he FLIPPED OUT!!!!!!!!! rightfully so of course, they threatened to call the police if he didn't leave the store.

If I was him I would have rode the Ultra through their front window and backed out of the contract. I'm not sure about everywhere, but in VA you have 3 days to back out and return a major purchase. After seeing that I was DONE with that place that was total BULLS--T!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ugh, Dumfries. For the few years I lived in VA, nothing good ever happened in Dumfries..

- Ducky 💀

Old 09-14-2017, 01:56 PM
oYo
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BAD Dealers and Experiences

Where do I begin?

First of all, the dealership (Staten Island Harley Davidson) of Staten Island, NY the old Lombardi dealership had just opened a few months prior to my purchase of a 2016 softail Slim S. New to the neighborhood,

you would think they want to set a good example. HA!! They are a typical corporation who just wants to make a ton of money right away without earning it from the hard working people of the neighborhood. God forbid they make their

reasonable and fair share of money and provide good service. So to start off with I purchased the bike without haggling for the price, which I thought was fare and they had just opened so I didn’t want to hassle them. I then went

on to purchase some upgrades. Ape hangers, Screamin Eagle teardrop heavy breather, windshield, red spark plug wires and Vance & Hines big radius 2-into 2 exhaust and tune the bike. A little pricey as all HD aftermarket custom

stuff is, but worth it. I asked for very specific prime ape hangers (the square cut ones). I also asked them upon purchase for "ALL" my original brand new parts to be returned to me when I pick up the bike. Now the sales person

was very helpful to me in looking up what I wanted ordering and getting me a price for purchase and install. The sales person must have called a half dozen times to keep me posted on the completion of my bike, which was 2 weeks

over due from when it was promised for various reasons. I finally get the call to come pick up the bike which was brand new I believe it had 8 miles on it. I ask them for my parts they said oh I can get that together for you by

early next week I'll give you a call. So I said ok no problem figured they were really busy at the time there were others picking up their bikes as well. I asked them how come you didn't install the prime ape hangers that I asked

for (they installed the regular curved ape hangers) they said I we couldn’t get them in time so we went with these. (I'm thinking it took long enough to get the bike already which I was very anxious to pick up and ride, I figured

ok they are cool looking too whatever). I also noticed they didn't install the red Phat 10mm spark plug wires I ordered either when I asked him he said we had trouble ordering them they are discontinued but I have the orange

ones. I said no I want the red ones. (They just wanted to sell me the ones they had in stock). BTW I ordered the red ones the next week and installed them myself. The BS begins. I paid them cash for bike and the aftermarket

stuff. Once the money is in hand they really don’t care anymore, the customer service goes right down the drain!! They never called me to come pick up my original parts. I had to call them a week later. They kept telling me I'm

still getting them together, I will call you when ready. The BS gets deeper. Still no call a week later I call them again, we can't find your parts I have to check our storage warehouse, I will call in a few days. No call, I had

to call them again. Where are my original parts? We still can't find them. So I said ok well you need to purchase my original parts and give them back to me. (It’s about $1000 bucks in parts). He said ok let me talk to the parts

manager I will call you back in a few days...The same old story, the BS gets even deeper. Of course no call back, I call them, "Oh we found your parts" come pick them up. All in all couple of months later I finally get to pick up

my original parts all in the exhaust box from Vance & Hines. My original exhaust pipes with no screws or clamps, my Breather with no screws and spacers just the cover and backing nothing else and the handlebars. I'm so fed up at

this point I don’t even care anymore. At least I can buy the clamps, screws and spacers if I ever need to reuse the parts. The next season I go in for my 500 mile oil change and a technical service bulletin HD sent me to have my

bike retuned for better efficiency or something like that. When I get there the service Manager says to me I need your tuner from when they retuned your bike when you had the exhaust installed. I said I never received a tuner

from you guys. He said hold on let me speak to the sales guy. I can’t believe this, they either never tuned my bike or never gave me the tuner. (I’m thinking they never tuned it because it constantly backfires when releasing the

throttle which they said was normal for these bikes and to get used to it) Now I'm really fuming. The service manager comes back and says the salesman said they put all your stuff in the box of original parts. I said no they

didn’t because if they did I would have it! They are clueless or just plain scamming and ripping off all their customers or just me for that matter. So knowing I’m not going to get anywhere with them, I filed a complaint with

Harley Davison Corporate Customer Service. They opened a ticket and stated they will give the dealership a call and get back to me in a few days. They didn’t call me back either. WTF!! I called them and they told me there is

nothing more they can do because the manager said they did give me the tuner and it’s your word against theirs. Which I figured they would say but I gave it a shot anyway, they also told me I should expect a call from the

dealership to try to resolve this issue. HA!! That never happened, it’s been a month now…no call. So I’m out of a tuner that I paid for. BTW I paid 4G's for all the aftermarket stuff including installation... Can you say

SUCKER!!!! BTW I'm not the only person to complain about this dealership, many others I met also feel the same way. It's a shame because the owner of the dealership if they are not aware will lose in the end!!!

Anyway I'm now dealing with another dealership, Hannum's which is the old Liberty dealership, in Rahway NJ. It’s a little inconvenient due to the distance and being in another state but they have been a pleasure to deal with and

well worth the trip. I will bring "ALL" my business there as well as all my friends and anyone I meet along the way I talk to. Man that was long, but it sure felt good to get it out. It’s good to discuss this with others in

similar situations. There are many good dealerships out there if you’re lucky enough to find one that’s close to home. Who knows, maybe I can buy that dealership one day and make a change.

Thanks for taking the time to read. I feel better already.

Seeya on the road, safe ride!!!

Old 09-14-2017, 10:29 PM
flowerjapan
Stage I

Not to be confused with Rommel of Smyrna!

In DE there are several Rommel Dealers. New Castle is horrible!!! DO NOT service your bike here either. All but a salesman or 2. A parts guy or 2. And the people over in the apparel. This place is a lot of suck.

The sales manager will over charge. The service will lie to help make a sale on used bikes.

My suggestion. Do your research before buying anywhere.

I had a great experience buying my 2016 Street special at Bert's Barracuda in florida. Yes...Florida. I bought a bike 2000 miles away by mail. Trade was double. In less then 2 week with mail and the shipping I got my bike with very few hick-ups.

Hope this helps.

Take care and ride safe!!!

------------------------------------------
You can visit me here:
My website for download Magic Clash Games apk
My facebook:
Facebook Post

Last edited by flowerjapan; 09-14-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:41 PM
HDHDHD1234hdhdhd
Stage I

Hello all.
This is my "first post"!!!
At 58, I have had my MC license endorsement since the age of 16.
Owned many Mc's but am now in the market to purchase my first (new) HD.
Looking to purchase the Ultra Limited Low, as I'm vertically challenged.
In Denver, CO, we have multiple HD Dealers to choose from.
The closest and biggest happens to be Avalanche Harley Davidson. Golden Colorado.
They have recently moved into their New Facility and Building.....Very Nice, as you would expect.
There is a new owner as of approx. 3 to 4 years ago.
""""New Owner, New Building"""" one would think they are looking for New Clients and continued Business????
Having a previous Sales & Marketing & Distribution background from Corporate America, I have personally managed up to twelve salespeople at one time.
Understanding the turnover in motive salespeople, and not wanting to deal with a "newbie", I chose to email one of the "Sales Managers" at Avalanche HD that is was looking to purchase my first (new) HD, and included all my personal information, along with a detailed & extremely "fair" proposal for "my" new Ultra Limited Low.
Confirming with the Dealership over the phone, "this" Sales Managers email address, I emailed him my detailed "proposal" to purchase the bike.
FOUR Days have passed, and while I have called two of the four days to confirm "he" was in and working those days, have NOT heard anything back whatsoever, not even an acknowledgement of receipt of my proposal???????
Earlier today, I called again to confirm he was working, and as "he" was tooooo busy to take my phone call (to ask if he received my information), I was asked if they could "take a message" for him to return my call.
I left my information, and as of tonight, 6 hours after living my information, I still have not received any communication whatsoever!!!!!!!!!
Having been a successful senior manager of a $15,000,000.00 in annual sales, multi-state sales and distribution business, I am totally flabbergasted the lack of professionalism from Avalanche Harley Davidson of Golden Colorado!
I only wish I knew who owned this franchise, as I truly understand that you sometimes don't know "you have a problem, until your customers tell you that you have a problem", and have to believe the owner would not stand for such unprofessionalism and incompetence!!!
Has anyone else experienced this type of treatment from any Harley Davidson Franchise anywhere on the Planet????????
I am totally, totally, appalled!
My 82 year old (veteran) neighbor just sold his 2015 Heritage and Purchased a New Indian Roadmaster, and truly hopes I end up with one also!!!
Thank you in advance, and I do feel better being able to "vent" my frustration!!!
DR - Littleton, CO

Old 09-26-2017, 10:57 AM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by HDHDHD1234hdhdhd
Hello all.
This is my "first post"!!!
At 58, I have had my MC license endorsement since the age of 16.

I'm sure sales mgr's get inundated with plenty of HD wannabe's wasting their time. You need to go in personally. Show you're serious

Old 09-26-2017, 05:56 PM
xyzzyxyzzy
Tourer
Received 160 Likes on 101 Posts

Sadly, I think you need to operate on the premise that you -must- grovel before the high God's of Harley that live at the dealership before they will even begin to acknowledge your existence. If you do that, then their behavior might make sense. Remember, from their perspective, they're soooo kewel. Sadly, all too many of us let these dealer "lifeforms" get away with this crap by succumbing to their nonsense. At least that's the way this old man sees it. So I think what I would do is play their supplication game and do some "major sucking up". Give 'em what they want, as distasteful as that might be. Get them to spend as much time as possible working on your potential purchase. Then, just when they think they have their hook in you really tight, get up and tell them why you're walking out the door. That just might make 'em change their ways. On the other hand, probably not. There's still too many "I must have a Harlie" folks out there. :-)

Old 10-13-2017, 03:10 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Holeshot HD. Mt Pleasant, MI

Old owner sold bikes under msrp and never had all the b.s. fees except $99 doc fee. They like repeat business.

New owner, msrp and over $1K in b.s. fees. Guess they do now want repeat business.

The following users liked this post:
Northernproducer (10-13-2017)

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences