General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 05:37 PM
OG_electra_glide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BAD Dealers and Experiences

How many miles do they put on during the PDI? I got my '99 night train with 8 miles on it, so did everyone else who picked up that day.

LOL, it's probably because that was the distance to someone's house for lunch!

Old 01-24-2006, 01:58 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[sm=oopssign.gif] Didn't mean to quote. My bad.

My RK had 6 miles on it. Probably because they tested since I had them change some stuff.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:57 AM
Edmo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer interactions have been OK, but I'll add this company to the "treats customers bad" list:

Harley-Davidson Motor Company
P.O. Box 653
Milwaukee, WI 53201

They are the ones who just told me they are not covering a warranty issue with my 6 month old 2005 Heritage... It's rapidly stepping up to the lawyer phase.

Next Bike: Something metric! I will not support a company who fails to honor its warranty.

Edmo

The following 2 users liked this post by Edmo:
OutlawFC222 (08-02-2022), sslee2@msn.com (05-26-2017)
Old 01-28-2006, 02:32 AM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thought I'd post a good experience. Greenville Harley Davidson, Greenville, SC. In June '05 I purchased a used 883C, '05 model sold new by them. I was given a new owners manual, t-shirt, hat, key chains, beer cousy's, and 10% off on all parts purchased as long as I owned the bike. While shopping there before I bought the bike, I found the one I wanted. I had no cash on me but Tommy, the salesman said he would hold it for me until 4pm the next day. They were hosting the RedCross Charity ride that next day and expected lots of people, Lorenzo Lamas the TV star was to be there etc. I told him I hated for him to hold it that long because I couldn't get there till 3pm, he said it was no problem he could tell I wanted that bike. Well the next day I walk in at 3pm and he calls me by name and leads me over to the bike all serviced/cleaned and ready to go. Since that day everytime I walk in he calls me by name, introduces to me to whoever he is talkin' to and gets an update from me as to how many miles I have put on the bike so far. I have nothing to say but good things about Greenville HD. I hope nothing changes my opinion of them.

The following users liked this post:
seadogmike (09-21-2023)
Old 01-30-2006, 01:24 PM
scratch
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Reggie Pink in White Plains NY. The service dept. is OK, but the parts guys seem to have some kind of a problem with women who come in to actually buy bike parts and stuff. The guy with the mullet especially. I don't like being ignored and I don't like being treated as if I don't know a wrench from a hammer. Pink is 15 minutes from my house yet I happily go 45 mins away to buy oil and filters and stuff.

The following 2 users liked this post by scratch:
Lee McDee (05-13-2020), OutlawFC222 (08-02-2022)
Old 01-30-2006, 11:09 PM
jester
Advanced

Buckmin's H-D in xenia oh. Looked at abike twice talked to salesman 3 times on phone and when I sat down to sign the papers he tells me it's a demo with 300mls. onit. I swallowed hard said o.k. let's continue then he says it was dropped on a demo ride. Why didn't he tell me this on the phone? I was pissed. mike

Old 01-30-2006, 11:15 PM
jester
Advanced

#2 F&S h-d in dayton. Call up to see if they have a certain color, dude says yes. So I get there, we go to the back warehouse he can't find it, then he says look it up on the web site and walks away. Almost said screw H-d they almost ruined a great experience. mike

Old 01-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: TCSTD

Maroneys HD in Newburgh NY.

The pitts for service department, don't care how much you spend there, will still not give you decent service with out an attitude and even do it right to top it all off. Very bad attitude.

Sales personnel are the best, that's all I can say.
Just bought my 06 Deluxe from them. Great Sales guy - Bob Roper. Haven't had an experience with their Service yet though.

I hope your wrong....

Mike
NY

Old 01-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: LTrain

I can tell you my '05 had zero miles when I picked it out, and 5 when I picked it up (which I found reasonable to burn 5 miles in "prepping it") 113?!? I hope they wore a condom!

ORIGINAL: ultracp

Gengras Harley in Hartford, CT likes to sell their Demo bikes as brand new. When you confront them, they try to tell you that HD tests the bikes in WI and that's why you have 113 miles and the bike is dirty. Gengras owns a lot of car dearlerships and he runs his HD dearlership the same way. I think thay have one of the best parts departments but service and sales get a F-. HD should take the dealership away from him.
Mine had all Zeros when I picked it up. Turned over to 1 after about 100 ft.....

Mike

Old 02-01-2006, 09:56 PM
2smoooth
Road Captain

my sales guy did not recognize me a week after picking up the bike.. and then when he did recall who I was (I was picking up my license plate) he acted like it was an inconvience.

oh well.. live and learn

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences