General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
tankshark
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BAD Dealers and Experiences

House Of Thunder Morgan Hill, CA
&nbsp\\;
$25,000.00 for a new Road Glide. $1200 parts and service for a fuel pack and air cleaners. I got the promise... "new bikes go to the front of the line before other customer's service requests". Supposedly it was going to be done on Sunday after purchasing the bike on Thursday. Its been a week and its still not done!!! Its a three hour job. You'd think after spending that much money on a bike they could extend a little customer service! The only reason I had them do the work was that I have a road trip planned and I was working everyday until the trip and I was trying to make sure the bike was done before the trip! NO MORE HOUSE OF THUNDER!!! I'll take my bike somewhere else!

Old 07-26-2008, 10:45 PM
nighttrainjerrywayne
Advanced

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH:
&nbsp\\;
Fort Thunder (Bryan) Harley Davidson
Moore Oklahoma
&nbsp\\;
full story here: https://www.hdforums.com/m_3669935/tm.htm

Old 07-28-2008, 06:23 PM
albngore
Road Master
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Birds of Prey Harley Davidson, Caldwell, Idaho
These people are Prima Donnas. Seemingly all they want to do is sell cycles, clothes and perhaps do warranty work. I believe there are no true mechanics there, only parts replacement artists. I will never go to a Harley dealership again. Will seek out an independent motorcycle shop that specializes in HD.
&nbsp\\;
I just bought a 2002 customized Dyna Low Rider and wanted to be sure that everything was tight and operating correctly. This dealer advised me to go to a custom cycle shop. I could not believe that I was meeting so much resistance to simple requests for torquing bolts, changing oil, finding out why my LED fuel gauge and trip odometer weren't working. God I hate the "new" Harley Davidson.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:41 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pensacola Fl. Went in to buy a bike with cash burning a hole in my pocket, I was the only person in the store and nobody would talk to me. Mobile Al. is not much better,Stone Mountain GA. made me feel good and I got my ride at 15,000 OTD.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Founder
Intermediate

Stay clear from Independence HD in College Station, Texas. 2 Star Sales. This dealer adds around $2000 to the MSRP and will not give much for your trade. I can not believe how many people go into that dealer and sign their name without knowing that Texas has several MSRP dealers. They play the new price/interest pressure game.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Bartimus
Stage II

Santa Fe, HD/Buell in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
&nbsp\\;
These guys have one of the worst service departments around.
I had a big bore kit installed, there were many problems and I had to bring the bike back many times.
Each time the bike was at the shop, it was damaged in some way, first was a mirror, then a rock in the belt,
the last straw was when the gas tank was scratched and the service manager at the time, Murrae, handed me a bottle of touch up paint, and said, "here ya go bro, free of charge"!
Yea, right...
I brought the bike to a better shop, they determined the problem was wrong gaskets, the valves were never clearanced properly, and the carburator they sold me had a defective accelerator pump! All this from a "bro".&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; ha ha ha
Needless to say, I will NEVER bring a bike of mine to that shop, and certainly will NOT recomment ANYONE do any business with them.&nbsp\\; Their mechanics are idiots, and the manager tries to cover for them by blaming others...

Old 08-05-2008, 11:26 AM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There seems to be lots of complaints these days, lots of dealers have been hiring really unqualified help to save money and they've ended up on this forum, too bad....

Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Deleted User
Banned
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 08-05-2008, 03:43 PM
jjay1066
Stage I

Wildfire Harley Davidson
Villa Park, IL
&nbsp\\;
This dealer went down hill fast when one of the owners was deployed to Iraq.The service department is terrible!I stored my bike there one winter.Had the oil changed and the general "once over".When I picked my bike up the tires were flat,and the battery was basically dead!One of the partners thinks he is a player and hits on any attractive women who walks through the door!I know of many couples and women this has happened to.Just not a nice place to go to anymore.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:56 AM
shootdr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Thomas
Gulf Coast Harley
New Port Richey FL.

A bunch of know it alls."smart donkeys"
Need I say anymore.
+2 on this Dealer I've been there several times and I wouldn't do business with them if they were the last HD dealer on earth. I went 100 miles away and purchased my bike.

I will say that Old Town Harley in Brandon,Fl are a good bunch of people and Randy the GM is very easy to conduct business with (nice guy). He is a businessman but he takes the time to hear his customers and tries to make things right.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences