General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Swamper4205
A tshirt. Everything else I paid for. Extended warranty, Gap insurance etc.
I believe they saw me coming lol
Don't beat yourself up too much. At 62 I just struck my worst deal ever on a car, after buying so many in life. Didn't do my homework

At least it wasn't my money. Wife said go out tonight right now and buy a car for her mother with mil's money. So I did............

Old 11-15-2018, 12:27 PM
ShadowforNow
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I just noticed a co-owner of Frasiers HD was killed in 2012.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:51 AM
Jax
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sierra Vista / Tucson, AZ. Harley Davidson of Sierra Vista owned by Tucson Harley Davidson. They closed a few months ago - summer 2018.

I had them put extended handlebars with extended cables. Now the throttle has a "catch" when you start rolling it forward. I cannot find it. They cut the MP3 player wires and did not put them back under the fairing, but bundled them in an ugly bunch, taped them and tie-wrapped them to the handlebars. They over tightened the fairing screws and cracked every one of the screw holes in the windshield.

Second service they said I needed a motor mount. I could not see it, but it was under extended warranty. They caught the horn wire in a bolt and the first time I used the horn - 200 miles from home - it shorted out my left side turn / horn / etc fuse. After return, when they went to "fix" the short, [I believe] they dropped the saddle bag from a bench - it had a broken reflector in the latch, a scratch down the latch, and the scratch continued down the saddlebag. I told them I did not want them to work on my bike any more.

I got a front flat tire. They changed it. Two days later, with the front wheel turned right, I had the right light to spot the front fender dent - HUGE. You just could not see it unless the light was right.

Went back to them, asked to talk to the manager and service manager. I had it all written up nicely with pictures. They offered to fix it and I said I did not want them touch my bike EVER again. All I wanted was the reflector and the clasp for the saddle bag.

I never received it. Too bad I didn't report them to Harley. However, the shop is owned by Tucson Harley Davidson. Closest dealer is 100 miles away.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Midnight Outlaw
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wisconsin Harley
Ocononmowoc,WI

Bought two motorcycles within 4 months. Both had battery issues to no resolve by the dealership.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:38 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by Jax
. Too bad I didn't report them to Harley. However, the shop is owned by Tucson Harley Davidson. Closest dealer is 100 miles away.
you can 'report' a dealer to HD. There's a website for it. Don't have the URL offhand, but I believe its in this thread somewhere.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:39 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight Outlaw
Wisconsin Harley
Ocononmowoc,WI

Bought two motorcycles within 4 months. Both had battery issues to no resolve by the dealership.
what exactly was the issue

Old 12-17-2018, 12:07 PM
upStomp
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Went to a not-so-local dealer Saturday to see if I could get swayed by some "winter pricing"during one of their events. The first salesman was nice enough and showed me a few bikes. Then there was the second (and eventually third) guy to talk numbers. Started off $2000 over MSRP and a joke for my trade. Eventually got them down to $1000 under MSRP and a couple hundred under book for my trade. Then I asked for the OTD price. $2600 in dealer charges (not including the tax on the bike). The conversation ended.

Not a big deal, as I'm not really in buying mode anyway. A friend recommended I check them out. I more just wanted to feel them out to see if it was someplace I might do business with in the future. I'll stay with my local.

Old 12-19-2018, 03:27 PM
theduece
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Riverside HD in CA

High pressure, constant run around, shitty attitudes, condescending demeanor, etc.. From everyone with the exception of the kid bike fitment associate?

When I was in they had two bikes I was considering, a 18 RG special in wicked red, and a 17 RG also in red listed as new. Try as I might I couldn't get a simple we want $XX,XXX.xx wasted over an hour there. Pretty much explained why they had a three model year old bike sitting on the showroom.

Odd thing is they are owned by same company that owns HBHD which was pretty straight up but the whole experience in riverside put me off enough I drove to San Marcos 75+- miles further to make my purchase.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:35 AM
M18A1
Tourer

Received 298 Likes on 110 Posts

They sold out to Garner Britt, Mike Andress and ken Barner. They own car delaerships They also bought out Waugh HD which is now Stonewll HD. No matter what, they suck but Quantico gives a 10% law enforcement discount BUT no military discount is given...Funny as they at right outside Quantico and 90% of their merchandise had the Iwo Jima Memorial on it. If you want Good Honest Reasonable service try Brian at Old Towne Cycle off Cool Springs Rd Used to be the Mark Long Cycles shop

Old 12-29-2018, 04:03 PM
LMCI-Enforcer
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Las Vegas HD

My relationship with LVHD has been a roller coaster. It started out good, I got a 2016 FLHTK for a good price, and two shirts. There have been a few hiccups along the way. A woman from customer care calls every time I have the bike in for service. I always answer honestly and politely. When I have an issue the service manager from LVHD calls me and fixes everything that wasn't up to par. I'm treated very well there by all the staff, and I wouldn't think about taking my bike anywhere else.

The following users liked this post:
07RG (02-03-2019)

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences