General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Credit - Customer Service Witches

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:45 PM
gholsie
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Credit - Customer Service Witches

Man, I'm not sure how many of you have dealt with the Harley Davidson Credit's customer service department, but, I just got off the phone with some pretty unhappy/depressing ladies and their system seems to lack quite a bit of help for real people.

Here's my story: Back in October I made a late payment. Unfortunatey, the HD credit department put a $10 late fee on my account. Since that date, I made my payments normally via online bill-pay -- NOT knowing about this $10 fee. Long story/shortened = The $10 fee rolled from month-to-month. It eventually resulted in HD Credit reporting that I had TWO LATE PAYMENTS on my credit breaus. This is NO GOOD on a workin' man's record, so, I decided to contact the customer service department to see if I could get it removed.

First lady I called was Courtney at 800-699-2336. She sounded like she was in the USA, but, probably from the south due to the accent. I proceeded to explain my situation to her and asked if it was possible to help me out by possibly removing the late payments from my credit. Something seemed to 'click' in Miss Courtney. Her tone seemed to have changed and she immediately explained there was NOTHING she could do about the situation. I continued to explain a bit more as to what I thought happened (with the $10 roll-over) and she became rude and very insulting. When it became clear there was nothing she was willing to do, I asked for the shift supervisor. IMMEDIATELY I was greeted with a very nice and understanding lady by the name of Latesha (x5446). Her demeanor was extremely professional and this lady was able to help me by offering more help, an account review, and an attempt to help in the situation.

I eventually received a letter in the mail stating there was nothing that HD Credit could do for my situation. I find this VERY inappropriate since my record only shows that I was late one time. My credit breau states there are TWO lates on this account. Can't they remove one of the late payments ? I was only late once.

Now, I have a legitimate issue here. I've been a perfect account holder for many years. One mess-up and I have to deal with people like Courtney. What's up with that? I think Harley Davidson management should stand up and work with people who have great histories with the company.

I offer anyone reading this.... wisdom. Buy your bike without financing, or, if you must... get a loan elsewhere. And, if you do have an account with these guys, BEWARE of the customer service department. And, ALWAYS make sure you review your account for these $10 fees. They could ruin your credit.

I'm currently looking for a number to contact another department at HD. Someone there has got to have the ability to help out with this one.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:09 PM
gwalsh
Advanced
Default RE: HD Credit - Customer Service Witches

Or just pay the bill on time.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: gwalsh

Or just pay the bill on time.
Or even early.

Actually I had an issue with my Lowrider (financed thru HD credit). It was my fault, I was off by two days, mostly because it was my first payment online thru Bank of America. Luckily when I called they were very helpful, removed the late fee, and it never dinged my credit either. I had also asked to extend it to that extra two days (in this case from the 20th to 22nd each month), so that wouldn't be an issue again (now of course my payments go from my bank to HD in about a day, but at the time it took about 5 days to process).

Two payments I will never be late on, mortgage and my Harley! Well ok I'm about 10 days early on my Lexus payment too....oh screw it, I pay everything at least 10 days in advance, and always pay about $20-40 more than what's owed anyways!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Gunney8
Cruiser

I thnk the only way to "fix" this is to make sure you pay an additional $10 to your normal payment, otherwise, your payment will always be late (short $10) and they will keep billing/reporting you late... othe suggestion is go to your bank/credit union and see if they will take over the loan... been there/done that...not with HD credit, but others.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:50 PM
joel85
Road Captain

Well I financed through the dealer, but I did not finance through Harleys Eaglemark bank. So my customer service through bank of america is great! Sorry your having problems.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:55 PM
03ultra100th
Cruiser

Pay more than the minimum and write letters so you have documentation. You can't mess around with finance companies. Also, suck it up and talk nice to them. More flys with honey...

Old 02-12-2008, 12:58 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done my last 2 bikes thru H-D...I ALWAYS pay it early, and I ALWAYS read that monthly statement to make sure nothing falls thru the cracks...

Old 02-12-2008, 01:59 AM
wlbowers
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 97 Likes on 40 Posts

You need to file the complaint with the credit unions. Yea there are 3 or 4 of them. Have proof of payments on time and explain the situation.

They will work with you but you might be stuck if Harley won't go along.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Time2ride
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

"I offer anyone reading this.... wisdom. Buy your bike without financing, or, if you must... get a loan elsewhere. And, if you do have an account with these guys, BEWARE of the customer service department. And, ALWAYS make sure you review your account for these $10 fees. They could ruin your credit."

One thing you forgot, Mr.man of wisdom: Pay your bill on time!!

Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Wildcat68
Road Captain

HD finance here, first part of January I got a letter in the mail saying "Due to your continued excellent payment history, we will be waving 1 paymenton your contractduring the calendar year of 2008. Please notify us 2 weeks prior to the payment you wish to be waived. This will not be added to the end of your contract. Consider it paid"
I told them just to make for Feb and I went ahead and paid it anyways so I can be 1 up...Never any issue with HD or anyone with HDthat I have spoke to.
Sorry you can't say the same, good luck.

Quick Reply: HD Credit - Customer Service Witches