General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Motorcycle Ramp???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 AM
dgoodbmw
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
Default rampage

I wanted you to know that i have a hd dresser and it fits on the loader with minimal clearance between fender and tailgate. tailgate must be removed, 2 minutes, before using loader, but there is no chance of any cables breaking. I do have 8ft bed. hope you find what you want/need.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

BEST RAMP???
The one at Exit 171, Northbound I35. Means I'm OFF the slab, and almost home.

For loading my scoot, I have an aluminum folding one. Picked up a pair for $15 at a grudge sale. Rewelded the one 'hinge strap', works better than new. Sold the good one for $45. Money for a ROAD TRIP!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 01:04 PM
iceman336
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MilesJ
So after looking around, I'm thinking of buying the big boy ramp from discount ramps. Has anyone bought anything form these guys? Just wondering what they are like to deal with.
I like the look of the Big Boy ramp as well. The upper section has a curve to the angle so you won't hang up on the lip. I've never used one, but I think House of Thunder was (is?) a dealer for them.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:35 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Citoriplus
One tip I almost found out the hard way is never trust the tailgate cables.
+1 I found out the hard way while transporting an ATV that extended out onto the tailgate. Fortunately, the other cable held. When I went to the GM dealership to get a couple of spare cables I was told by the guy at the parts counter that this happens frequently.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:01 PM
w6ada
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rampage Lifts

I have a Ford F-250 long bed with a Rampage lift. The entire lift and my Heritage fit in the bed and the tailgate closes. The gate must come off to load and unload the bike, but that is a 30 second operation to do. I pull a tow trailer for RV and load the bike im the truck bed.... Love it

Old 08-16-2009, 03:58 PM
fat_boy_mike
1st Gear
Default ramp for sale?

dgoodbmw - is the ramp still for sale & what part of Pa are you -

Old 08-16-2009, 05:12 PM
dgoodbmw
Tourer
Default rampage in pa.

It is avail as i just removed it from my truck since i bought a new truck and got the short bed, loader is for sale and i will get a trailer. probably a toy hauler. Im near pgh along the pa tpike at ex 67. the price is $1800.00 and i would volunteer to help set it up if you needed. I had it fitted to the 8ft ford and it worked beyond description. PS have no fear about the condition of this unit, it is as new and functionally perfect.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:03 PM
fat_boy_mike
1st Gear

i have the short bed - 5.5 - not sure how the fit would be & as i look at the site shows 2 rampage ramps - not sure which u have and how long the base is - i am interested in the rampage that the track the moves - rides up and onto the bed unit ...

Old 08-16-2009, 07:20 PM
dgoodbmw
Tourer
Default rampage

the one i have will stick out over the end of the bed, maybe a 1/4 sheet of plywood to support the end overhanging, placed under the overhang part of loader, but close enough to center to allow turning without hitting loader. the one i have is as the demo shows, the frame stays put, the trolley moves in and out and when sufficiently in drops down onto the frame. Its as the demo shows. ps are you sure 5 1/2 feet or 6 1/2 feet. the loader will sit comfortably on the tailgate about 1/2 way to the end. Im thinking, without tailgate on overhand should be around 1 ft, just guessing but im pretty close. if you plan to leave tgate off, you should be ok. with tailgate on and unit in bed, your turning will be compromised some.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:27 PM
dgoodbmw
Tourer
Default rampage

Mike, mine is as the top one on the demo tape, the pricey one.

Quick Reply: Best Motorcycle Ramp???