General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmets in "Sons of Anarchy"

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:18 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
I don't know why they bother with helmets at all. They seem to live in an area where an extended firefight with automatic weapons, explosions and massive fireballs don't attract the law. Who's worried about a helmet ticket there?
That's funny! Great observation!

Old 09-08-2008, 12:24 PM
bbissell
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 89 Posts

I don't know why they bother with helmets at all. They seem to live in an area where an extended firefight with automatic weapons, explosions and massive fireballs don't attract the law. Who's worried about a helmet ticket there?
lol too funny!

Old 09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 614 Likes on 383 Posts

Good point. I suppose FX channel is attempting to be a responsible broadcaster.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:42 PM
FBTRIKE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fear Night
One thing I noticed is that they had the plastic bicycle style latch (one that the two pieces clip together). Definitely not strong enough for DOT ...

http://www.hashemian.com/blog/images/bicycle-helmet.gif
Actually there is a clip like those that is approved....... saw it on a site that sells DOT and SNELL approved carbon fiber half helmets. They were pretty slim and lite looking......would probably buy if I were forced to wear a helmet......

Old 09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FBTRIKE
Actually there is a clip like those that is approved....... saw it on a site that sells DOT and SNELL approved carbon fiber half helmets. They were pretty slim and lite looking......would probably buy if I were forced to wear a helmet......
Yep. My ACC has a clip.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Love 'em!

We use these too. Good product.

Originally Posted by JBaker421
I didn't notice the latches, but I have these and they claim to meet DOT specs. I hope so since we use and like them.

Quite at bit of this kind of stuff on ebay.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/he...lmetQ20release

Old 09-08-2008, 02:42 PM
REX HD
Cruiser

hahaha i don't usually laugh at posts...but that was good.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:51 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Well you shoudn't be judging a book by it's cover...just because they are dope using ex-con murderers, gun runners and arsonists doesn't mean they have no concern for potential head injuries...I mean think about it. If YOU were going to slaughter and burn a rival club...the last thing you need to do is fall off your bike and suffer a sub-dural intercranial hematoma which would be a dead give away to any law enforcement people investigating.

Now that we are on this subject, I have a problem with the smoking while riding thing as well. Not only is it a safety hazard, but what kind of health statement is that for the kids watching?

Old 09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Well you shoudn't be judging a book by it's cover...just because they are dope using ex-con murderers, gun runners and arsonists doesn't mean they have no concern for potential head injuries...I mean think about it. If YOU were going to slaughter and burn a rival club...the last thing you need to do is fall off your bike and suffer a sub-dural intercranial hematoma which would be a dead give away to any law enforcement people investigating.
Actually, the helmet part kind of makes sense - if you were an outlaw in California running guns, blowing up stuff, killing people, etc., the last thing you would want to do is attract the police with minor crap like helmet violations. I seem to recall an expired or missing tag got Tim McVeigh executed and that's how most of those drug runners along the interstate's get caught - violating some minor traffic law.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

I noticed the smoking and made a comment during the show to my wife. Hell, I used to smoke and could barely do it on an Ultra let alone an FX with the tiny windshield. What the hell?

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI

Now that we are on this subject, I have a problem with the smoking while riding thing as well. Not only is it a safety hazard, but what kind of health statement is that for the kids watching?

Quick Reply: Helmets in "Sons of Anarchy"