General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmets in "Sons of Anarchy"

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 03:18 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iam singing....... HOLLYWOODDDDDDD,, da,da,da,da Hollywood! l.ray

Old 09-08-2008, 03:21 PM
jraddy
1st Gear

Forget the helmet, did any of you notice Jax wearing eye protection at any time? Thats what I thought was funny.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:23 PM
mikedmeyer
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did anyone notice that there was nary a 1% patch to be seen?

Old 09-08-2008, 04:00 PM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Well you shoudn't be judging a book by it's cover...just because they are dope using ex-con murderers, gun runners and arsonists doesn't mean they have no concern for potential head injuries...I mean think about it. If YOU were going to slaughter and burn a rival club...the last thing you need to do is fall off your bike and suffer a sub-dural intercranial hematoma which would be a dead give away to any law enforcement people investigating.

Now that we are on this subject, I have a problem with the smoking while riding thing as well. Not only is it a safety hazard, but what kind of health statement is that for the kids watching?
I'm totally impressed you can spell "sub-dural intercranial hematoma" - whatever the &%^^ that is.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:23 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have no problem smoking while riding my Sporty. Guess I need to teach a "Smoking while riding" class

Old 09-08-2008, 04:27 PM
atlasfields
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mikedmeyer
Did anyone notice that there was nary a 1% patch to be seen?
Not that unusual.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:39 PM
model1911a
Cruiser

1%er to wear them........come on!.....geesh.....By no means am I a 1%er but if forced to wear 1 that's what it's going to be......were the heck do get off on saying such a thing?.....must be a tee toteler.......haha.......get real dude!........

Old 09-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Fear Night
Tourer

Originally Posted by JBaker421
I didn't notice the latches, but I have these and they claim to meet DOT specs. I hope so since we use and like them.

Quite at bit of this kind of stuff on ebay.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/he...lmetQ20release

Yeah, there are plenty of quick releases out there. However, the key is that they are metal on metal. The latches shown on the show are the plastic on plastic bicycle style.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Fear Night
Tourer

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
I don't know why they bother with helmets at all. They seem to live in an area where an extended firefight with automatic weapons, explosions and massive fireballs don't attract the law. Who's worried about a helmet ticket there?
I'm glad I'm not the only person that noticed that. They looked to be downtown in some California city, of all places. No sirens within 5 minutes of automatic gunfire ... haha.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:27 PM
powder coater
Banned

The one thing i saw with this whole "Series" Is yet another deal like Hollister with the bikers then. they show them running drugs,killing other people,paying off the cops, Giving hereon to a person in the hospital. and the list goes on.
This is the same crap that started the "FEAR" Of bikers to begin with.

But other then that i thought it was funny that there like 50 warnings for the show on nudity,language,and violence. But yet the only thing naked in the whole show so far was Jax. Kid on the operating table. they never showed Peg Bundy showing off or anyone getting caught in the back seat of a car etc...

OH yeah the perfect placement of the fake T.N.T. in the one shot of the other club before they attempted to get the wiring correct to blow the place up.

Now correct me if I'm wrong you have two wires and a fuse dose it really make a damed difference if the positive is on the right side of the detonator or not?
All the times i have ever set T.N.T. of on the farm we just used a battery that would send a spark to the fuse and it would go from there.

Quick Reply: Helmets in "Sons of Anarchy"