General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About To Put Deposit Down but I have a Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:41 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's not forget, that Harley Davidson is a motorcycle company. They don't build cars, lawnmowers, generators, heavy machinery, or any number of other things. Yes, they offer motorcycle related accessories, but that kind of goes with the territory. I want a motorcycle built by a motorcycle company.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:42 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by homerandpooh
Thanks everyone, but no one can tell me why the Harley is better.
That is an impossible question to answer. No one brand is better than another at all things.

Every one of them has there positives and negatives.

Of course this being a Harley forum, we all think the Harley is better for "our" purposes.

Is it the most comfortable? probably not
Is it the fastest? most definitely not
Does it get the best fuel mileage? probably not
Is it the best looking? Most people here think so

At the end of the day, the Harley is what we all wanted to have.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:43 PM
pottsy
Road Master

Thanks everyone but I guess what I need are technical answers, not astethic or opinionated reasons. Sure the bikes look nice and they sound great. But any bike can look nice and sound great. Why buy a Ford Expedition over a Chevy Tahoe? I drove both for a job I once had. They are basically the same truck minus minor diferences. Of course Ford people are gonna **** a brick just like Chevy people are gonna have a cow. I'm not a "fill in corporate logo here" kind of person. I could care less about brand loyalty. I want facts, I need to know that what I buy is the right choice not based on looks or sound or because everybody else has one, hell not even because no one has one (Triumph R3 in this area is rare). Is what I'm buying the superior brand and if so then why?
Not to sound rude, but you don't get it. Enjoy your honda/yamaha/triumph. Keep the rubber side down.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:44 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

If you have to ask.....well, the Raider is nice. Good Luck!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Toolguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Homerandpooh: If you didn't keep coming back and keep repeating your question I would have guessed this was a troll.

I used climb mountains. People would occasionally ask "why"? Seems to me it's the same answer to this as it is to your question. If you have to ask, then you won't understand.

No offense dude, but your question is bizarre considering your first statement was you've settled on a Fatboy and are ready to put down your money.

homerandpooh
Tourer

You guys are no help, I suppose I should just vote for Obama because it will get me laid with college girls , lol.

bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone but I guess what I need are technical answers,
Well if that is all you want, don't buy the HD, it is not the most technical bike, not even close, HD technology is decades old, and very slow to change. You will have to look at the off shore bikes if you want technology.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You're looking for technical comparisons from people that love their HDs, and for the most part, have no idea what the other side offers, and could care less. You're better off reading motorcycle magazines, brocures, and visiting manufacturer websites for actual technical data to compare to see who comes out first. It's like asking the Chinese why fried rice is better than Rice a Roni.

Last edited by Medicfrost; 09-26-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:47 PM
badlandr
Road Captain

OK here's my .02 worth
What I think everyone here is trying to say is it's either in your blood or not.
Your question is like which is better a Mustang or Camero both great cars but which one makes you happy.
Thats up to you!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:47 PM
homerandpooh
Tourer

Originally Posted by pottsy
Let's not forget, that Harley Davidson is a motorcycle company. They don't build cars, lawnmowers, generators, heavy machinery, or any number of other things. Yes, they offer motorcycle related accessories, but that kind of goes with the territory. I want a motorcycle built by a motorcycle company.
This is what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Quick Reply: About To Put Deposit Down but I have a Question