Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   In/on the back of a pick up. 2 Bikes? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/290899-in-on-the-back-of-a-pick-up-2-bikes.html)

Afishinado 11-03-2008 08:17 AM

In/on the back of a pick up. 2 Bikes?

Been shopping for a deal to get both my bikes from NJ to FL for the winter. Got what sounds like a good deal from a boat transporter. He is hauling a boat down behind his F-350 dually, says he can fit my WG & RK together? I gotta think thats impossible. Gotta be some here that know for sure. Thanks

krwould 11-03-2008 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Afishinado (Post 4067489)
Been shopping for a deal to get both my bikes from NJ to FL for the winter. Got what sounds like a good deal from a boat transporter. He is hauling a boat down behind his F-350 dually, says he can fit my WG & RK together? I gotta think thats impossible. Gotta be some here that know for sure. Thanks

I personally owned a dually and I believe it may indeed work although i never tried it............ but whats his insurance coverage like if he scratches or dings one of your bikes or worse!?

Medicfrost 11-03-2008 10:35 AM

I've seen two bikes in the back of a truck several times during the rallies down here in FL. You may want to take off the crash guard from the Dyna before attempting it. You don't want to hurt that good looking Road King, and it'll give you more space to manuever.

Afishinado 11-04-2008 07:28 AM

Medicfrost,
I have been thinking about taking off the guard on the WG... Thanks'
Don't look like 2 up in a pickup is all too popular tho

JBaker421 11-04-2008 07:50 AM

I'm guessing no way. Both crash guards off at the least. The humps for the wheel housings are too high for the bikes to clear unless you build a deck in the bed.

No way the bike's will both just roll in there, imho.

My trailer is 6x10 with a flat floor and it's just a nice fit, Heritage and Deuce.

swordy 11-04-2008 03:25 PM

ride 1 get him to take the other

Araba Shriner 11-04-2008 03:29 PM

In Daytona a couple weeks ago, I watched 2 guys put a dresser and a road king in the back of a pickup. Might have been an F-250 long bed... Dont remember.

Somehow they managed to squeeze them both in. Not sure about the crashbars, but they also had both ramps in the back of the truck with the bikes.

swordy 11-04-2008 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Araba Shriner (Post 4073805)
In Daytona a couple weeks ago, I watched 2 guys put a dresser and a road king in the back of a pickup. Might have been an F-250 long bed... Dont remember.

Somehow they managed to squeeze them both in. Not sure about the crashbars, but they also had both ramps in the back of the truck with the bikes.

were they there bikes? if so they were posers, if not they were scumbag byk thieves