General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

difference between Super E,Super G and Super B Carb

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:32 PM
SCHOONER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Hey TwiZted Biker ~ Thanks 4 Your Impute

Hey Guy

Thanks 4 your impute on my psoting (S&S "E" Carb.)
So I guess from what you said about buying directly from S&S
in out of the question today.

Need to go to a dealership that has the S&S and buy from 'em.
Guess shopping around from dealership to dealership for a better price really wont be to my advantage ?

O.K. Guy Thanks again

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
S&S got a real big head a couple yrs ago and no one is allowed to advertise prices on their stuff anymore you have to call or walk in a shop for that now . Installation is fairly easy may need new cables comes with a detailed booklet with lots of pictures and a good tuning section . If a couple of the knuckle draggers I know can get it right a 10 yr old girl could do it .

I gotta ask whats cruise control ?

Old 08-23-2010, 07:12 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,839 Likes on 17,455 Posts

Pardon me but there's a really big world outside the dealership , you bought a bike you didn't get married to it .Use the net to shop around for the best prices , yes do the call or email for prices they can very $200 or more . Please do call S&S first then shop around prices will surprise you

Old 08-23-2010, 07:17 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by arnold
I ran a B on my 79 wide glide and on my old FXRP, just added the aftermarket accelerator pump and it ran the best of any carb I ever owned, when I tried an E, I was disappointed, give me a B with the pump over the shorty ANY day,

You can make that E shorty work too . Get a 1" spacer block , the E is now as long as the old B that's the trick tunnel ram effect sort of .

Old 08-23-2010, 07:57 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,658 Likes on 943 Posts

Or if you really wanted something unique you could look for an old Side Bowl S&S, or maybe an Andrews 45 DCOE. I have one of those I gave $5 for at a swap meet. I scare people with it because it has the familiar Tillotson wheel on the top.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:43 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
Or if you really wanted something unique you could look for an old Side Bowl S&S, or maybe an Andrews 45 DCOE. I have one of those I gave $5 for at a swap meet. I scare people with it because it has the familiar Tillotson wheel on the top.

Remember snagging SU carbs off old brit cars in junkyards thinking we had hit a gold mine because they were all the rage in the early chopper mags ?

Old 10-13-2010, 03:02 PM
blanny431
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the super G carb

Hi finally I have found someone who knows about these carbs I ride a custom 113ci S&S and on the carb it says "shorty" and then Super "G" someone told me this is the wrong carb for my bike..and from what you were saying the super "G" shouldnt even be a shorty..so have these guys put a bunch of missmatched carb stuff together for my bike or what do you think is going on...also just as of the last coupl;e of weeks when the bike gets warmed up it starts to run "choppy" not smooth like normal..does this mean that carb is starting to screw up? also it has the old tear drop cover on it..so if I do buy a carb should I just get the super G for this size of engine? thanks very much for takin the time I havent been able to find anyone to really tell me anything about these carbs...and I wrote an emaiil to S&S but they either take forever to return or they just dont return their mail...thanks alot and I will be looking for your reply Kevin Portland Oregon

Old 10-13-2010, 03:12 PM
blanny431
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so my carb says "shorty" on it and super "G" have these guys put a bunch of miss matched stuff together I didnt think a super "G" could be a shorty?? I need a new carb basically and I ride 113ci so is the super G basically the only way to go? thanks fellas Kev