General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Motorcycle Dolly

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 09:08 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i have one and it works well. my 09 RK fits fine. takes a bit of muscle to move it though.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:09 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana... doesn't matter. They're all the same. Companies keep moving their factories down there to save on payroll, because the rednecks will work for beer.
No, I am sorry to inform you there is nothing the same bout Georgia and alabama. Georgia has the rednecks, alabama has the hics.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:02 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,023 Posts

"You might be a Redneck if".................

Old 12-05-2008, 11:51 AM
cray49a
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a harbor frieght I bought a couples years ago for about 150. Is cast alum. Lets you roll the load around and is light.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:51 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by will2002
"You might be a Redneck if".................
...ya know the diff 'tween Alabama and Georgia.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:18 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Yeah. There are stops on the floor and I also made a center "target" using one of those orange/reflective fiberglass(?) rods you stick on the ground before it snows, so you know where to plow. But then, the bike is quite a ways in front of the car, so, it's not too terribly worrisome. When the weather is warm, I move the car forward, and park the bike behind it (because we rarely use that car).
Not the traditional tennis ball on a rope that bounces off the windshield strung from the rafter ties? That's on my to-do list this weekend with my wife's car, now that I've got the ties braced. Gotta go by HOBO and check out some flouro light fixtures before running the EMT. That means TFT has to do without me again this year.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:28 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by huffhuff
i have one and it works well. my 09 RK fits fine. takes a bit of muscle to move it though.
I would imagine, with almost 3" less wheelbase then a WG, the RK would have no problem fitting. I just have enough room to flip each end up. I can't use the bars they provided to go into each end... I suppose to help "lock the bike in".

Do you strap your bike onto the dolly? I haven't done so yet, as I am still riding almost every day. I don't see where strapping the bike on (like the instructions say to do), would make it any more stable - mine is solid as a rock as it is.

I like that I can spin the bike around in the garage, and get it facing out, so I don't have to back out and turn around in the driveway (which is pretty steep).

Old 12-06-2008, 12:34 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by chiabate
Not the traditional tennis ball on a rope that bounces off the windshield strung from the rafter ties? That's on my to-do list this weekend with my wife's car, now that I've got the ties braced. Gotta go by HOBO and check out some flouro light fixtures before running the EMT. That means TFT has to do without me again this year.
No visible rafters. All drywall on the ceiling (but not on the walls - go figure). I could hang a ball, or something, on a string from a hook stuck in the ceiling, but, other than standing on the hood to do it, I'm not sure how I'd figure out where to hang the string.

I used to have blocks for my Jeep, but, I kept kicking them and having to move them when I rolled my bike out. I finally realized, after living here for 10 years, that my door opens right at the edge of one of the windows when I am pulled in far enough, so, now, I just use that as my guide. (and there's a lot of room to fudge it).

Last edited by MidnitEvil; 11-22-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:10 AM
iridemyown2
Road Warrior

I wish you had posted this a year ago. I purchased a dolly for my boyfriend after he had broken his knee cap. He really had a hard time backing his bike out of the shed, he has a classic. Unfortunately I paid hundreds of dollars more for this one. We thought it was a great thing until I saw the price you paid.
http://www.thebikepal.com/
We just drilled a hole through the dolly and the floor of the shed and spin. Works great, saves his knee!

You got the deal I wish I did!

Last edited by iridemyown2; 12-06-2008 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:41 PM
boguscharlie
Stage II

can someone tell me if this Harbor Freight "Low Profile Motorcycle Dolly" will accommodate the 180 rear tire on my Fat Bob?
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Motorcycle Dolly