General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDX T-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Streets of Fire
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
Obviously, I'm biased (check out my user id) but I think the TSport is a fabulous bike. I've posted before that I think the main reason it didn't sell is because it didn't "look" like a Harley with the windshield, small fairing and nylon bags. But it is a great bike for around town, riding the twisties or long trips. I took a week in September, added a tour bag that connected to the sissy bar and took off. Rode over 400 miles every day and spent most of it on back roads. I've also gone on long trips with my brother (Ultra Classic). He can't keep up unless the road is straight I bought mine new in 2001 and don't plan to ever get rid of it. It runs so good, has been ultra reliable and with a different exhaust, dyna jet kit and screamin eagle air cleaner it will outrun any new stock 96.
Any pics of the tour bag? I'm looking for more storage, just not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

Here's a link to the pictures I took on the ride. There are several of the bike with the bag. The bag is a Kuryakan Grand Tour. Holds quite a bit, functions as a backrest, very easy to take off at night and comes with extra straps you can use to tie stuff on the top. I took both my full face and half helmets and was able to strap the one I wasn't wearing on the top of the bag for easy access when I wanted to change.

Between the saddle bags and the tour bag I was able to carry everything I needed , tools, flat repair, quart of oil, complete rain gear, and all the cloths I would need for a week on the road.

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20Day%20Ride/

Old 12-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...I think you're looking for a VRSC setup for touring...

Nightrod Special, with a little work.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:39 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

Very nice. But hauling all that water around, I dunno

Old 12-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
Very nice. But hauling all that water around, I dunno
I know, what are you supposed to do with all that extra power?

Old 12-22-2008, 02:44 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really wanted a T-Sport when I first started HD shopping. I liked the lack of chrome, the adjustable suspension, decent lean angle, and bags. I found one pretty clean 03 in NY, but we just couldn't come together on price and the sight-unseen thing was freaking me out a bit.

Then, I bid on one on Ebay that was about 500 miles away, but missed it in the last seconds. About two weeks later, the very same bike appeared right here in Cleveland! The guy bought it, went and picked it up and brought it back and re-listed it. I went and test rode it and did enjoy it, but yeah, the price seemed a tad high on it also. I ended up buying a 2005 FXDCI for actually less money than the T-Sports I looked at, with less miles and FI. The only thing I wish I had now from the T-Sport is the suspension, I'm not at all happy with the stock stuff on my bike.

One of my favorite HD's in recent memory though, sometimes I wish I had just said screw it and bought one, but I do love my FXDC.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:25 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,309 Likes on 2,356 Posts

My 02 FXD can be bagged out in 30 seconds and handle all the roads in the Black Hills pretty good. My wife was impressed how quick we made it from Mt Rushmore to the train station in Hill City, just used the torque off the motor and saved 5th gear for later use. It's all in how the bikes are set up.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:12 PM
ZChan
Cruiser

I always wanted one, but by the time HD decided to add fuel injection to the Dyna's, I had just bought a VRod. It's just not the same though.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:34 PM
07fxdb
Tourer
Default fxdx

I too wanted to buy an FXDX, but couldn't find one, so I bought an 07 fxdbi (Street Bob - I like the black motor), put on fxdx shocks in the rear, and v-rod fork springs in the front, with 50/50 heavier oil in the forks. Corbin solo with back rest, Metzeler tires, Ironbags, and highway pegs complete the package. Now, I have an excellent Sport Tour Bob, perfect for the Blue Ridge and Skyline drive. The shocks give about 1" more clearance, with adjustable damping and rebound, and progressive springs front and back. I replace foot pegs once in awhile, and everyone's happy. I may have to buy a Windvest, but maybe not.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Geoff

I wish Harley would bring back the FXDX T-Sport. This bike had excellent lean angle, nimble steering, generous power, comfortable seat, good wind protection and ample storage.
The FXRT was one of the best all around Harley's ever. imo

Last edited by Snarly; 03-28-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Quick Reply: FXDX T-Sport