General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which grips - HD Nostalgic or HD Chrome and Rubber Horizontal ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:39 PM
BlackFLHR
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Which grips - HD Nostalgic or HD Chrome and Rubber Horizontal ???

2009 RKC, vivid black... Looking to replace my stock grips. I've narrowed it down to either the Nostalgic or Chrome and Rubber Horizontal grips. I want something that is very comfortable, and looks decently good also. I've heard that the Nostalgic is a good comfortable grip, but haven't really heard/read too much about the Chrome and Rubber Horizontals (good or bad).

Personally, I prefer the look of the Chrome and Rubber grips (and I think it would "go" better with my bike, as it has full chrome front end and switch housings), and I like the fact that they come in "large" size (more comfortable for me). But if the Nostalgic's are THAT much more comfortable, then I'd go for those.

Looking to get them after work tonight, so any suggestions right away are appreciated.

Nostalgic...

Chrome and Rubber Horizontal...

Old 01-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the chrome and rubber horizontal grips. They not only look nice, they grip well too!

Old 01-09-2009, 03:43 PM
1HD2NV
Road Captain

+1 on the larger chrome & rubber grips

Old 01-09-2009, 03:51 PM
saw*me
Tourer

Chrome and Rubber

Tom

Old 01-09-2009, 04:07 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Neither.....20 buck chrome and rubber horizontal ones from a swapmeet or retailer like Jireh. Similar look, no HD logo on them, and a few less bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIKER...ayphotohosting

Attached Thumbnails Which grips - HD Nostalgic or HD Chrome and Rubber Horizontal ???-img_3727.jpg  

Last edited by xxxflhrci; 01-09-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know these are not what you asked about but I have had them on my bike for almost 3 years now and love them. Very grippy (is that even a word?) and comfortable.

Try www.mandmcycles.com for a discount:

Performance Machine Rubber Grips Chrome

Not a fan of billet grips? How about a version wrapped in Renthal rubber? We took an already cool machined aluminum grip and wrapped it in rubber from the premier grip manufacturer in the world. This is the ultimate combination of style, function and comfort! PM grips work with stock, as well as PM hand controls.

$99.95

Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM
BlackFLHR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Primo
I know these are not what you asked about but I have had them on my bike for almost 3 years now and love them. Very grippy (is that even a word) and comfortable.

Try www.mandmcycles.com for a discount:

Rubber Grips Chrome

Not a fan of billet grips? How about a version wrapped in Renthal rubber? We took an already cool machined aluminum grip and wrapped it in rubber from the premier grip manufacturer in the world. This is the ultimate combination of style, function and comfort! PM grips work with stock, as well as PM hand controls.

$99.95

I considered those, I even held them in my hand (local HD dealer carries them), but they just seemed too small for me. Guess I'm just used to holding something larger in my hand. LoL

Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Daves Not Here!
Cruiser

If I had to choose between the 2, I would choose the Chrome & Rubber without any hesitation.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The chrome and rubber look more "classy" , but the important thing is if you have large hands to get a size that you're comfortable riding with.
At the end of the day , comfort trumps good looks every time if you really like to put on the miles.
Good luck with your selection.
Mick

Old 01-09-2009, 05:17 PM
BlackFLHR
Road Master

Thanks for the replies so far...

I'm also considering the Kury ISO grips w/out the Throttle Boss. My concern with those is that many comment that the rubber leaves your hands or gloves black, and they're to spongy or grippy... ??? ...

Quick Reply: Which grips - HD Nostalgic or HD Chrome and Rubber Horizontal ???