General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rhino Line

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Doberman Pinscher
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Line

My bike was the victim of some scumbag kids that vandalized it a few weeks ago. They hit 6 other houses that night and stole a bunch of my tools as well. They did almost $3300 worth of damage. Still haven't caught them.

So here's the deal, I searched the internet and this forum looking for someone who has used line-x or rhino liner on their bikes and didn't come up with too much. Since I don't have a garage and have to leave the bike on the carport, there is NO way I was going to put another expensive paint job on it for them to possibly come back and do this again. Line-x wanted to charge around $300 to shoot the tins and rhino lining only charged $150. So I stripped it down and took it to Rhino. I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out. **I am not affiliated with the company**

Attached Thumbnails Rhino Line-hdf1.jpg   Rhino Line-hdf2.jpg   Rhino Line-hdf3.jpg   Rhino Line-hdf4.jpg   Rhino Line-hdf5.jpg  

Old 02-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Doberman Pinscher
1st Gear
Default Part 2

Let me know what you think.....

A.J.

Attached Thumbnails Rhino Line-hdf6.jpg   Rhino Line-hdf7.jpg  
Old 02-14-2009, 09:05 AM
hdpearl70
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a shame! That WAS a great paint job you had. As long as you like the new one is all that matters. They need to catch those f**kers and cut there hands off!!

Old 02-14-2009, 09:08 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by hdpearl70
What a shame! That WAS a great paint job you had. As long as you like the new one is all that matters. They need to catch those f**kers and cut there hands off!!
I was thinking a little lower, so they can't reproduce.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:08 AM
POPS87FXR
Tourer

One of our techs Rhinoed his Buell when he lived in AZ, it held up great and three years later looked as good as new, they have more colors than black BTW, his is a road stripe yellow.

Bike vandals, thievs and child molesters, are all the same as far as I am concerened.

Last edited by POPS87FXR; 02-14-2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: forgot a line
Old 02-14-2009, 09:11 AM
piggy
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain Doberman, Ruining a great paint job, breaks ones heart, Hopefully, the kids will get caught,( Kids have a way of Bragging about stuff like that) have a few kids , offer a reward, No comment on the rino, sorry.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Doberman Pinscher
1st Gear

I did an insurance claim on it and will be buying the exact set of tins that was on it from Harley and keeping them new in the box until I retire and get into my house with a garage. This is the fix, and most logical thing, I can do for the time being. I absolutely LOVED the old paint scheme....... I'm glad I wasn't able to catch them in the act. I''d probably not be typing this right now, I'm not too sure on internet access in prison!

Last edited by Doberman Pinscher; 02-14-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:50 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear about your misfortune...have you ever considered a storage close to your house...had to do the same thing when I had no place at the house...drove my rig to the storage pulled the bike out and went...kind of a hastle but was worth it for the peace of mind

Old 02-14-2009, 11:14 AM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member

that is cool, never have to worry about waxing, bugs or paint chips. and a helluva lot cheaper than a new paint job.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Xuallus
Road Master

Vandals.. **** me off more than anyone but molesters and rapists. My 71 LeMans was a victim many years ago, still makes me sad to think about. Seriously thinking about putting an alarm on my garage.

Rino liner looks decent, though I liked the original a lot more.

Quick Reply: Rhino Line