Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Anyone got a Fox Creek Leather jacket? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/321479-anyone-got-a-fox-creek-leather-jacket.html)

Wampuscat 02-27-2009 02:47 AM

Anyone got a Fox Creek Leather jacket?

I bought a size 44 "Fox Creek Leather" Classic II jacket and am not quite sold on it yet. My old size 46 "River Road" jacket is a bit too big for me now after losing nearly 40lbs down to 175 at 5'10". The Fox Creek jacket feels a bit snug with the liner zipped in and OK without it... no big deal there. BTW I've got a 42" chest. But the sleeves IMO seem a little short for a "motorcycle" jacket. When I reach forward to the handlebars the sleeves ride back to just behind my wrists. If I get apehangers it'll only be worse. When I'm standing at attention with arms down the sleeves ride right at the top of my hand like a suit jacket would... not that I have any of those. My arms are average length for my size... I'm not some chimpanzee boy escaped from the circus.

I'm not big on shelling out another $80 for custom sizing on top of the $400 I've already spent for the jacket plus the extra shipping to try on a size 46 that swallows me up. It has enough room for me to hide cinder blocks under it. Any ideas on were to go from here? I want to stay with American made. I bought a "Steinmark" jacket back in 1985 that is still in good shape (just too small) that was made with extra long sleeves for riding. Thats what I expected from Fox Creek Leather.

Swamp Tiger 02-27-2009 04:06 AM

I believe if you ran a search on this site for Fox Creek, you would find that they have an excellent reputation for customer service. I purchased a Fox Creek Classic jacket a few months ago and have been very happy with it. It was my first leather motorcycle jacket, although I have been wearing various textile jackets for years. At first, I was a little concerned about the snug feel compared to the textile jackets, but I soon discovered that I preferred the snug fit when riding --- just feels less bulky than textile and more aerodynamic. The sleeves definitely don't make it past the wrist, but I like it that way --- don't want sleeves intering with my hands.

Just give them a call --- I would expect them to work with you without taking you to the cleaners.

petemac 02-27-2009 07:56 AM

Have you called Fox Creek? I have two jackets and a vest from them and they have exceptional customer service. I'd be shocked if they couldn't do something for you.

FXDIinMD 02-27-2009 09:45 AM

no 2 jackets are the same. i went there and bought mine and tried on what seemed like 50 jackets... 15 of this style in different sizes and so on before we found the right fit.... 1 size 44 would be too short in the arms.... the next 1 would be fine in the arms but too tight in the shoulders... the next 1 was fine in the arms and shoulders but too long in the body.... but they kept on bringing them out with a smile and taking them back with a smile too. i found the right one eventually and is no doubt the best leather jacket i've ever had.

they're good people there and i'm sure they will make good on it.

gary_montague 02-27-2009 04:36 PM

I like mine. The only complaint I have is that the bottom back that has extra material there to protect your back has a tendency to push the back up when I move around. Other than that I like it.

arthur 02-28-2009 11:06 AM

I have had one for couple of years now and am more than satisfied. I ordered it stock and agree that the sleeves were too short. I sent it back and ordered a custom, carefully measured and got one with the sleeves longer than what I had asked for. D'oh!

I should have just kept the first one and got some gauntlet gloves (which I now have) for colder weather.

Perhaps the gauntlet glove option would solve your problem as well?
Not only one of the better, if not best quality jackets I have found, but at a god price, too. Would have considered a Schott as a contender, but was way more expensive.

Tom Ricci 02-28-2009 02:14 PM

Tried out a size 48 Classic II but it didn't fit right due to my shoulder to waist differential is 16 inches. Had to have Fox Creek make me a custom jacket. I knew the extra money was worth it. When my custom made size 48 arrived it all but jumped out of the package and on to me, it fit PERFECTLY! Their customer service worked very well with me. Bought my wife a woman's Classic II, she says she's never worn anything more comfortable. Give them a try to fit the jacket to you, I'll bet they do a perfect job for you, their products are top notch.

atrain68 02-28-2009 06:39 PM

Fox Creek is fantastic. Great customer service. I have a vented racing jacket and a vest, both outstanding. Try on a couple sizes. Lots of posts on this forum about them.

Drat 02-28-2009 07:59 PM

I have had mine for two years now as well as several other products from them. Call customer service and work with them. I did that when ordering and they were very patient while I double-checked measurements.

msearcey 11-24-2009 08:32 PM

I have a womans like new large Fox Creek jacket for sale. Less then a year old. My wife lost weight and it is big for her. I ordered her a new one today. Need to sell this one. Asking $250 OBO. Email msearcey@brazosnet.com