General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is the fastest 1/4 mile bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,863 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by vet767
You're makin it personal sfb. I haven't seen any at 100K and yeah they might smoke me, but when they call me "gramps" they better be smilin and buyin me a beer, junior.
Hahahaha! It appears that Average Joe just got schooled. Nicely done Vet!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 PM
bjewell
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 347 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by averagejoe6pak
There are many rice burners with a 100k on them that will *** up your bike in a race any day gramps.
Sports bike riders are soooo tough. Get lost ya little fairy...

Last edited by bjewell; 06-10-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 PM
psyco1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000
Could you show us a few of these many 100K rice burning smokers? I couldn't find any on ebay or craigs list. Best I found with 100k on them were some goldwings and some dirt bikes.
Here's a few. The reason they're not on craigslist is the people that get the miles out of them tend to ride them until they're scrap. I've seen a few F4i's and SV650's with over 200K.
Who is the fastest 1/4 mile bike?-o9crt.jpg

Old 06-10-2011, 09:12 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by averagejoe6pak
There are many rice burners with a 100k on them that will *** up your bike in a race any day gramps.

Well I'm only 50 and you don't seem to bright so I'll just quote what I posted 8 months ago in this very same thread.
If you like I can read it to you!

Man, I feel bad for you guys getting smoked by 600 ricers, I run with 900's+ all day in the 1/4.

PS: So none of y'all start whining. My bike has more done to it than what is listed in my sig, plus I run a wheelie bar and slick at the track. Plus having a chemist as a nephew makes for some great smelling fuel mixes.

Originally Posted by silverwolf79
Pm me that mixture !

I want it !

Dude its a pain in the *** to do. Its main base is Alcohol. You need to have a spare carb or an S&S Alcohol carb. Cause you need to clean it thoroughly after use. I store mine apart in a "liquid" between uses.

Plus well I just wont say. LOL

Originally Posted by vet767
You're makin it personal sfb. I haven't seen any at 100K and yeah they might smoke me, but when they call me "gramps" they better be smilin and buyin me a beer, junior.

You sir if your ever in my neck of the woods, have a few cold ones waiting.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:30 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
You sir if your ever in my neck of the woods, have a few cold ones waiting.
Might just happen if GA stops the bs mc only stops on I95 south to FL. Got a trip planned in late aug to go places and see friends in about 16 statesfrom here to the carolinas to AL Tx etc 4000 miles not counting side trips, if we get near I'll look ya up

Old 06-11-2011, 01:39 PM
notsoslow
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. I have read this from the first page. It is funny that there is always so much controversy over harleys and metrics. I have never been a fan of any twins. just not for me. Doesn't make them bad. just not what I like. I am sure there are as many twin owners out there that feel the same about 4 cyl. bikes. Most of us buy our bikes because it is what we want to ride. I know I have a lot of friends that ride harleys because they think they are cool. They really don't care for the bike. But it makes them feel better to say they own a Harley rather than a Yamaha I guess.
I know as many that have sold there Harleys to buy the metric knock offs because they have the style of a Harley but are just better bikes. or so they say. I have friends that grew up on metrics and now own Harleys and love them.
You don't buy a Harley and expect a race bike. You buy it so you can cruise. Same goes for a most crotch rockets. you buy them for the speed. Not the long distance comfort.
I can respect any one on any make of bike that takes pride in what they ride. When these arguments come up at a local tavern. I stay quiet. I have a 25 year old bike Honda that would run in the 10s new. And it is still fast as hell. I bought it because I like the looks and the power. It is not the bike of choice for every one. We all buy what we want. Why worry if it is faster than the next guys. I don't care what you ride. there is always some thing faster out there some where.
I enjoy cruising with a Harley rider as much as a sport bike rider. it is all about the wind in your face and the freedom you feel on 2 wheels. I say we all meet up some where. have a beer and remember why we ride a bike. because we are different than those driving cars every day.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:25 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't quote me on this, but I beleive Larry McBride holds the ET record of around 5.7's for the 1/4-mile...The last time I saw ET's of AHDRA Top Fuel Injected it was low 6.2's...About .5 seconds difference!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 03:13 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

IMO winding a bike out in a strait line does not take much skill and gets boring quickly for the same reason. I find more enjoyment in trying to ride an on or off ramp, or just a twisty road, to try and try and improve my technique every time.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:22 AM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

my bike will outrun 97.627% of cars on the road stoplight to stoplight, and have kept up with a few crotch rockets, idk rider skill, but its funny to shift at 6k on my fxdx when their not even in their powerband till 9+k...

Old 06-12-2011, 12:13 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

You can build the hell out of anything and make it temporarily "The fastest". It means nothing in regard to stock bikes. You can take a stock Hyabusa or CBRR to the strip and post some wicked runs. You'd spend a LOT more money to make a Harley anywhere near that fast. Harley's are not fast bikes.

Who the hell would want to go 160 mph on a Laz-E-Boy anyway??